“Pretty Good Gumbo” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Pearland, Texas
“Pretty Good Gumbo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've been here a handful of times and usually get the chicken & sausage gumbo. Not enough chicken or sausage and a little too much rice but I get the rice on the side so I can only what I want. I've had better gumbo but it's ok. The fried shrimp however is very good!!! Very nice staff

Longview, Texas
“This is "Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar" not "Gumbo Diner!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I can see why folks get the name mixed up but these are two difference unrelated restaurants.
"Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar" is downtown on Post Office St.
"Gumbo Diner" is on Seawall Ave" on the beach.
My review is for "Little Daddy's".

I have never seen the steam kettle method of cooking before but I am highly impressed! Every thing we had was top notch, fresh and tasted wonderful.
We split a dozen Char-Grilled Oysters, they were huge and the flavor was superb.
We also split a "Little Daddy" bowl of gumbo. Ditto the above.
This place ties for my favorite restaurant on the island.

Toledo Ohio
“WE HAD BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We wanted to eat someplace that was different than the commercial places that we can eat at all the time. We searched up and down seawall blvd. I suddenly seen this place and thought oh the lil hole in the wall place. I was pleasantly surprised, the food was great and they had things that were different. It reminded me of the old fashion dinner. The place isn't very big, but has two big TV's to watch the morning news. The place was clean and a comfortable feel to it. Now the service was out of this world. Our waitress was Renay and she was wonderful. We like good service but hate when the waitress bugs us every few minutes. Renay seem like she was there when we needed something and that was it, again she was great! The restrooms were very clean also. I would go back to this place if we visit Galveston again...and ask for RENAY!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing Seafood Omelet for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thinking of going back for dinner and check out the gumbo. This little place does not look like much from the outside but it packs a big treat inside. Service is great and the food was outstanding!

I split breakfast with a friend (they even put on 2 plates for us) and it was the perfect amount. Coffee was good. Manager was greeting all the tables.

Look for my other reviews on local restaurants in Galveston.

Tucson, Arizona
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is great! Easy menu and reasonably priced. The employees greet everyone that comes in like family. The waiter/waitress are very attentive and make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. If you want something different on Texas you MUST try this place!!