“Fishy Tales” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 263 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
“Fishy Tales”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have eaten here before on trips to Galveston for our cruises, so figured the kids would enjoy it too. Frankly, we were disappointed in 4/5ths of meals and 100% of the service. The amount of food was not as advertised on the menu, but the quality was okay. Only one of the dishes we ordered came out as expected and my daughter just raved about it. Made us wish we had ordered the same thing (seafood pasta dish in alfredo sauce). Drinks were not refilled timely, staff was in training with new members and didn't seem to have time for the guests. For a place that is usually good, we were disappointed. Next time we will try somewhere else.

Katy
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was very good and the service was great. The only thing was our waiter did not validate our parking ticket and ended up paying $10 for parking.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'm one to rave about great service because even with the food being mediocre at best, fantastic service will keep you coming back. My boyfriend and I went to galveston last week for a couple of days and this was our first meal while there. We initially were going to go to Bubba Gump across the street but decided last minute to try Fish Tales. I can't say much about the host/hostess staff but once we were seated, our server was awesome. We order hush puppies for an appetizer which were really good I must add. Our server's name was Dustin. He gave us an extra sauce with our hush puppies that he gives to "his" tables because he said it tastes good with the hush puppies. He was right on! We even ordered some more of that sauce to go with our meal. I ordered calamari as an entree and my boyfriend ordered a bacon cheeseburger. The calamari was decent, nothing to write home about and his burger was just okay as well. My boyfriend had ordered a tea with his meal and drank it all and didn't care to have another. However, Dustin brought him some water anyway later on because he said he "couldn't stand to see his glass empty". To me, he went out of his way even after my boyfriend said he was okay without another tea. Overall, the service was a 5/5...the food...eh you could get the quality for much cheaper somewhere else.

San Marcos, Texas
“Too pricy for quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We ate lunch here our first day in Galveston. It took a very long time to get our food and it's very overpriced! Food was not great either. I would suggest eating somewhere else!

“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food was okay, not spectacular. It was a bit pricy and we had to pay $10 to park for 1 hour. The service was quick and the staff was nice.