“Early dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 261 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Cypress, Texas, Usa
“Early dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The chef KNOWS how to do spicy blackened shrimp. For once, it really was spicy and so very good. Atmosphere is very nice overlooking the Pleasure Pier and we had a very good experience.

Amarillo, Texas
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'd eaten here before, 3 years prior, and I wish I had remembered doing so. Very over priced for the food we had. Service was adequate but not for the price we paid. Our food was cold and made a couple of us sick later in the night. I won't be going back here again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Beaumont, Texas
“Very Surprised, Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I can't tell you how many times I've simply driven past Fish Tales and not given it a single thought. This particular night, though, I simply gave up on trying to find a place my wife and I agreed on, so we simply decided to pick a neutral location. Fish Tales it was.

We were welcomed by a very gracious young lady and sat at our table promptly. Our waiter quickly arrived and, though he was not very enthusiastic, took our drink orders quickly. The restaurant started to get busy pretty quickly, so it took some time for him to make it back to take our food order. But, he was very prompt otherwise.

The food came out and everything was wonderful. Was it a gourmet meal? Absolutely not. Was it a great meal in a comfortable environment? Absolutely. Both my wife and I were very pleased.

Two Things: First, if you dine at Fish Tales they will validate your parking for the Pleasure Pier parking lot (which saves you $10). Second, their board mentioned they had Football on all of their TVs, which helped with my agreeing to eat there. From what I could tell, there wasn't a single TV downstairs. This may be different upstairs, but I was left watching it on my iPhone downstairs.

“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

First time visit. Met by perky fun staff upon entering. Sat up stairs facing pleasure pier amusement park.very cool setting with all the lights and people watching. Friendly patient wait staff. Food served quick, hot, and awesome good. (Shrimp Trio). Outstanding seafood menu. Had a lot of fun will go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hastings, Nebraska
“Food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed our meal but we were looking for fresh shrimp not frozen. The view of the sea wall was great to watch as we ate.