“If breakfast is this good, can't wait to try lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Crockett, Texas
“If breakfast is this good, can't wait to try lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our family of three went to the Mosquito Cafe for Sunday breakfast. It is a quaint little place on 14th Street. You place your order at a counter, pick a table, get your own coffee and tea, so I was a little worried about what the food would taste like. We all ordered the Eggs Benedict, and oh..my..stars! It was served on homemade herbed scones, with grilled shrimp and artichoke hearts. I had the apple-walnut salad on the side, and my companions had the potatoes. We glanced at other diners tables to see what they had, and the Breakfast Bowl looked very good. I will definitely be back here on my next trip to Galveston.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Gem on Galveston Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Love this place! I avoided giving a rating for a long time just so others would NOT find out about this gem, but I relented. Had to share since I thought it was so wonderful. It is my favorite restaurant on the island. Love the soup, eating breakfast in the courtyard, the food, coffee, tea and the best salad. I have NEVER had a bad meal here, everything has always been excellent. People are friendly, expect lines of locals and enjoy!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Informal. Order and pay at the counter and they bring it out when ready. Creative menu. Many wine-by-the-glass offerings. Try the meatloaf. Yes, really,

“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went into Mosquito Cafe around 2:30 in the afternoon and on a weekday and it was full of people with people continuing to file in. Always a good sign of a good restaurant! I had the chicken salad sandwich and my hubby had the Mosquito hamburger ... both were so good!! This is a nice, neighborhood cafe with great service and great food. They serve both health conscious food and regular food and everything is home-made and a mark above what you would expect. A must visit restaurant if there ever was one.

• Visited November 2013
Texas
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have eaten here on a couple of our trips to Galveston and both times the food was delicious! We have had breakfast and lunch here and both are great! We will definitely be back the next time we are on the island!

• Visited November 2013