“Outstanding Fishing Charter!” 5 of 5 stars

Sleepy Hollow, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Fishing Charter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife, two sons and I recently spent a half day fishing with Capt. Bob Reynolds and it was unbelievable. My oldest son caught a 40" red drum and I landed a 39" along with several black drum that we released. If you want a great fishing experience, like good stories, want a courteous, likeable and knowledgeable Captain, Bob's your guy! I highly recommend him and look forward to fishing with him again this year.

Visited March 2013

Reno, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome Galveston Family Fishing Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving in Houston with my sister and her family and after cruising around on Trip Advisor and on the web in general looking for things to do, we decided to head down to Galveston for a day and do a fishing charter. We went with Captain Bob Reynolds, who runs “Kapt Keepers Charters” (http://kaptkeepers.com). There were six of us - myself, my wife, our 15-yr old daughter, 13-yr old son, my Mom and my brother in law and we went out for a half-day. What a hoot! The weather was great and we spent about 4 hrs on the water with “Cap'n Bob”. While the season was definitely slowing down, Captain Bob managed our expectations very well. We had great fun catching hard head cat fish, a butt-ugly, mean looking eel (that was quite a fight to land), several Black Drum, a couple of Pompano, three Red Snapper, and two “Redfish” (Red Drum). We came back in with two pompano, one 40” approx 25 lb red fish and one 18” red snapper. Let me tell you, THEY WERE GOOD EATIN’ and fed us all both that night and the next.

The kids had a fantastic time, with my son catching the 25-lb Redfish and my daughter landing the 18” Red Snapper, which we were told was quite rare at this time of the year in the waters we were fishing on a half day trip. That Red Snapper definitely clearly gave us bragging rights at the dock. Frankly, the fish were a bonus. We were out for the experience and being able to come home with some great fish was a plus.

A word of advice – make sure you get a “red drum tag” on your fishing license or you can’t keep what could be the biggest fish you’ll catch on a trip like this. We did not know this and we were lucky that my brother in law had a tag and that allowed us to keep one of the red drum we caught. Kids under 17 do not need a fishing license, but for $3 they can buy a red drum tag that would allow each person who has a tag to keep one if they catch it. We did not know this and the fact that my brother in law had a tag was a complete fluke.

I can’t say enough about Captain Bob Reynolds. He made the trip for us. If you are interested in a gulf fishing trip out of Galveston, we would all HIGHLY recommend “Cap’n Bob” and Kapt Keepers Charters.

Visited November 2012