“The Best..” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Seabrook, Texas
“The Best..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

As the owners of Areawide Carpet Cleaning of League City Tx. we are always searching for locations to entertain business associates. We have finally found a place on the island that satisfies our needs and requirements. The entrees are more than adequate in size and mouthwatering. Starting with boiled shrimp and gumbo as appetizers we were pleased with the first bite. Oh my the shrimp were big and very tasty. The gumbo had a large amount of seafood and the roux was nice and thick. The prime rib was succulent, tender and seasoned to perfection. The shrimp and fish dinner with fries and slaw was a HUGE portion, most of which made the trip home (yum... Midnight snack) . Delicious tiramisu served with a shot of expresso was the icing on the cake, the portion was big enough to share. We will definitely be back and plan to share our find with friends and family.

The staff was remarkable from the waitress, to the bus boy and the manager on duty Jed, all we extremely attentive and anticipated our every need. We never felt rushed or hurried and sat leisurely and drank iced tea following our meal.

Never before have I been impressed enough by any place on the island to pull out my I-pad and post from the table. I did not want to leave with the idea of posting later and never getting around to doing it.

72% Recommend
Galveston, Texas
“Heard it was great...not when I was there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My dad goes here often and raves about the food here. Maybe when he took us, it was an off night. But it was WAAAAAY off.
1-the water had an odd taste to it. The waitress said she would get it from a different tap, and it was worse.
2- my nephew ordered the child's grilled cheese and tomato soup. The tomato soup was so spicy hot no one could eat it. I think someone accidentally put cayenne pepper in it instead of paprika.
3- the food took an hour to come, even though there was only about 5 tables occupied.
4-my dad had to ask for all the grilled oysters to be heated, since the last time he went there half of them were not. And apparently he should have asked for all the food to be heated, since it was all luke warm when it arrived.
5-the chef had no idea what medium rare was. Two of the steaks ordered that way were very rare, the other one was well.
6-to the person who raved about the rib-eye courtboullion...that was so bad I could barely eat half of it. The sauce they put on it was so salty it was horrible and the "crabmeat" that they say it has on top of it was mixed in the sauce and maybe a tablespoon of crabmeat. Although it came without the crabmeat at first and when the manager brought me a bowl and stated it was loaded with crabmeat, and it wasnt't, that just made it worse.
7-the carrot cake was not good. I know the are a million recipes for it and it is all a matter of taste, but the frosting had no taste and was more like lard and the cake was so chunky it was not like eating cake.
8-then to top it all off, when the bill came, not one thing was comped. Not even the soup that was inedible.

The only good thing was the sauce they have with the shrimp brochettes. Compared to some other tourist spots, the prices are very reasonable.

And as much as my dad loves this place, I can't recommend it. I really hate that because the west end really does need a good restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great Seafood and Steaks In Galveston, TX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This new restaurant just opened 3 weeks ago on 61st street in between I45 and the Seawall. The location has been a few other Restaurants that did not make over the last few years. I think Flamingo's will do well. I have eaten there twice and had excellent food and service both times. I had the fried Shrimp and Oysters both times and they were really good. My friend had a Ribeye Steak and said it was also really good. The place is very large and nice inside. Atmosphere is that of a very nice upscale Restaurant with very reasonable prices. Good Food, Nice Atmosphere and reasonable prices make Flamingo's Steaks and Seafood a Winner!

Galveston, Texas
“Great new place for a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a great time last night at the latest steak house on the island. Service was very good, atmosphere was unique and upscale, food was terrific, prices were good.
They've kept the faux-bamboo from the Japanese restaurant that preceded it. Good move. Gives the place a funky feel, and also separates the "rooms" for a more intimate feel (they have a lot of floor space).
Food was wonderful. Chef got the orders just right; spicing enhanced the food nicely; plenty to eat, filling. Stomachs felt good afterwards.
Service, my obsession, was excellent. Attentive without being intrusive, knowledgeable about the menu, friendly. Owner was on the floor checking that everything was going well. It was.
Prices were reasonable: not cheap, but no gouging either.
One thing to work on: no vegan dishes. But, of course, it's a steak house.