After reading some of the negative La Quinta West reviews on this site, I was a little hesitant to stay here, but their prices were so low that I was willing to take the risk. And I'm glad I did, because this is a great hotel.
First of all, this is practically the only hotel on the island that offers a significant military discount. We booked a room with two queen beds, on a Tuesday and Wednesday night in mid-July, for an average price of $65 per night. If that wasn't already a great deal, the clerk upgraded us to a huge KING room with a whirlpool tub. Wow! We were impressed! At that point I was so happy we didn't listen to the negative reviews.
Our room was gigantic, clean, and had the most comfortable bed in the world. The bathroom was immaculate and spacious, with a ridiculous amount of clean, fluffy towels at all times. I appreciated the high quality of the towels and bed-linens - truly luxurious, but at a discount price.
Breakfast in the lobby is quite decent. You can expect the usual hordes of people crowded around the waffle machine. The food is fresh and plentiful, and the eating area is unusually large, so at least you don't have to fight for a table.
if you want a hotel right on the beach, you might be disappointed, since you have to walk or drive down a little bit, to get to an area where you can actually swim. We had a car, so we didn't mind the small drive. The fact that this hotel is a little more remote was a plus for us - less traffic and less noise, perfect for a couples' getaway.
I agree that the way this hotel sits, you aren't going to get any spectacular ocean views. And the outdoor pool is definitely on the small side. For me, these disadvantages were outweighed by the great room and the equally great service. I'm planning to return to Galveston next month, and I'll be booking another room at La Quinta West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-new La Quinta Inn and Suites Galveston is an attractive oceanfront hotel located just 3-miles West of downtown Galveston near several prominent attractions including, beaches, cruise ports, Bishop Palace, Moody Gardens, and Seawolf Park. Each well-equipped room features free high-speed Internet access, a microwave, and refrigerator. This La Quinta also offers a complimentary continental breakfast with hot waffles, fitness center, a Seasonal outdoor swimming pool, and heated whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Galveston
- Galveston La Quinta