“Great hotel, great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8710 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Texas, the Lone Star State
“Great hotel, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

After reading some of the negative La Quinta West reviews on this site, I was a little hesitant to stay here, but their prices were so low that I was willing to take the risk. And I'm glad I did, because this is a great hotel.

First of all, this is practically the only hotel on the island that offers a significant military discount. We booked a room with two queen beds, on a Tuesday and Wednesday night in mid-July, for an average price of $65 per night. If that wasn't already a great deal, the clerk upgraded us to a huge KING room with a whirlpool tub. Wow! We were impressed! At that point I was so happy we didn't listen to the negative reviews.

Our room was gigantic, clean, and had the most comfortable bed in the world. The bathroom was immaculate and spacious, with a ridiculous amount of clean, fluffy towels at all times. I appreciated the high quality of the towels and bed-linens - truly luxurious, but at a discount price.

Breakfast in the lobby is quite decent. You can expect the usual hordes of people crowded around the waffle machine. The food is fresh and plentiful, and the eating area is unusually large, so at least you don't have to fight for a table.

if you want a hotel right on the beach, you might be disappointed, since you have to walk or drive down a little bit, to get to an area where you can actually swim. We had a car, so we didn't mind the small drive. The fact that this hotel is a little more remote was a plus for us - less traffic and less noise, perfect for a couples' getaway.

I agree that the way this hotel sits, you aren't going to get any spectacular ocean views. And the outdoor pool is definitely on the small side. For me, these disadvantages were outweighed by the great room and the equally great service. I'm planning to return to Galveston next month, and I'll be booking another room at La Quinta West.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Yuma, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

When you book a room you do have to make sure you book a room with balcony and view, Loved the beds had lots of room and the staff was wonderful.Breakfast was good but not much variety mainly bagels. cereal, cheese omelet,waffles and yogurt..When you stay here you have to drive to the west or east beaches because you can not get access here it is were the water meets the seawall and there is alot of rocks nice place to just sit and meditate. The state park is near by and the beach there was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you want a view you have to ask for a room with a balcony that has a view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you can't leave home without your dog This Is Your Place, even thou My experience wasn't So pleasant my neighbor checked in with a large brown lab and Then decided To leave, well the dog barked, howled ,and cried not bad unless your trying to See tv ,sleep Or Etc. At 9:00PM. A Couples Vacation. after a couple of hours I called Front Desk they were Not to crazy about giving me another room till I let them hear the dog through my phone, anyway I Got a Cart myself and moved myself with all my belongings to another room at midnight, that room a/c did not work nor frig but at least we did sleep!

Room Tip: "Ask which rooms have dogs unless you have one" "Check your rooms a/c before you car...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying at the La Quinta Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations.

We have investigated the happening and taken the appropriate steps on it.

The front office staff has been given additional training for the same.

We shall improve every area you have mentioned and never have such an experience in future.

We have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We look forward to see you at our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I enjoyed our stay at this La Quinta compared to the one on the seawall. It's quiter and the rooms are much more comfortable. They have plenty of parking (garage) space. Although, this La Quinta is located in the quiter end of the seawall, it's perfect to wind down. Especially, if you've been out all day. So quite and easy access coming and going.
Con: The pool is very small.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time staying at this hotel for several days each time. We stayed her in 2012 & July 2013. I rate this hotel as a good 2 1/2 star hotel. They allow pets up to a certain size which was a plus for me. The rooms are large, the bed pretty comfy, but the cost for staying over the 4th of July week was a bit much. Really, $200 for the holiday and $135-$145 for the other nights (with an AARP discount no less) - really? I paid it because it was convenient to the rest of my family. This is a pleasant hotel, but these are luxury prices in Texas. I wanted a bit more for what I paid. On the other hand, the staff were above average, the room cleanliness was a sure 3 star. Bring your own toilet paper. It was awful. So was breakfast. Cold eggs to heat up, pre-frozen bagels, off brand fruit loop cereal. Would rather no breakfast than this...but I had hopes every morning! Coffee is the only thing that was excellent...stay away from the stuff in the room. I would stay here again for a night or 2 in the future, but not the long stay I did this year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Glad to note that you stayed with the La Quinta recently and thanks for the review.

We appreciate the review as you have put it pretty specifically.

It is nice to hear that you liked the beds, hospitality of our staff, cleanliness and of course the coffee. We shall look into the quality of the toilet paper.

At the same time we have took prompt steps to improve the breakfast.

Your observations shall really help us to improve our standards.

Hoping to see you soon,

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was so noisey from Room 110, poor house-cleaning - one bed made, one bed NOT made; not safe from the parking garage; old building - smoke alarm was detacted, wires hanging; did get the rooms we booked with the balcony view....so disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

ranchhousemotel, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West and staying with us during your recent visit.
We appreciate your review and take your observations quite seriously to improve our guest services.

We have taken adequate steps to check and ensure that the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a guest and the concerned staffs have been given the required training

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay with us. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Galveston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

ocean view is a balcony perpendicular to the ocean.The beach across the street consisted of huge granite boulders and you could NOT go in the water there, we had to drive a minimum of 2 miles to get to a sandy beach.
Our second day there ..the room didn't get cleaned until 5 pm and they forgot to give us towels ,washcloth, soap and shampoo !.the bathtub still had sand in it.next time we will stay elswhere

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West? Share your experiences!