You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8710 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Waco
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff was indifferent, not rude just didn't care. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean, even the corners. Wi-Fi was slow if you could get on. A/C was very poor. It handled the May heat but won't make it in August. We had a balcony. The A/C vented out on the patio so that even with the wind blowing you couldn't sit out there. You are right across the street from the Gulf but this end doesn't have a beach. Would I stay here again? Yes. Is it a good value? Yes, they just need to train the staff and put in better A/C!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We arrived from a 8 hour drive a little early and was told to come back at 3 to check in. This was after being ignored for 10 minutes while the unprofessional desk attendant finished her personal call. I have a 1 1/2 year old, so we just took him to eat and to take a quick look at the island. We get back to the hotel at 3 and was told that our room still was not clean. My baby needed his diaper changed after waiting about 20 minutes. I went to the hotel restroom and no where to change him. So I asked about our room once again and was told it should be ready any minute. Rather then packing my baby back in the truck AGAIN after a 8 hour trip, I chose to wait, since I was told it would be any moment. In the meantime my son is getting even more tired as well has a dirty diaper. At 4, we still had NO room. I had to change my baby in a vehicle! Finally 15 after 4, we get a room key. No apologies no directions to room. I asked for a luggage carrier to so we could get to the SECOND floor, I waited another 15 minutes with no results. We get to a room that was mildly clean and smelled of mildew. None of the television channels work. I am from Oklahoma and there was a VERY SEVERE tornado very close to my home and I could not get TV access to the news nor could get their Wi-Fi to work. I call down to the front desk and this front desk clerk seemed incompetent as well. She couldn't even tell me the channel the local weather/news channel was on. I asked the front some questions about the island and kept getting an IDK. Spend a lil more money and go to a better hotel!! Oh and my baby was sick the last night, so I had to go out late to get him some meds, come back to park and find some people to messing around in a car. smh. This is NOT a family hotel and based on my experience and service received....it barely is a 2 star much less a 2 1/2. Also this hotel is not close to anything. You have to drive a few miles to get to anything. Hotels of same OR BETTER quality much closer to everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying at the La Quinta Galveston during your last visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations.

We do apologize for all the inconveniences you had howsoever.

We have taken priority steps with all concerned departments to fix up all the points of observations mentioned in the review.

We have also taken all steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Amazing hotel, cleanliness A+..Service A+..Rooms A+ I am OCD...and cleanliness and organization are a must for me.....and the breakfast WOW!!!! Wasn't what I was expecting...Who serves a full breakfast anymore? Amazing....PLUS there was coffee, hairdryer and shampoo in the rooms, I haven't seen that in years....La Quinta? You have a lifelong guest...You have taken the burden of trying to find somewhere decent to stay that is within my budget..I will and have recommended you to friends and family....
Thank You..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon at 5:20 and were told by the desk person that the computers were down and she had no idea what to do or who to call and it would be a while before we could check in. We waited until 6:10 before she was able to get things fixed and we checked in. We had two rooms reserved as we were traveling with friends. When we got off of the elevator on the third floor there was a large bag of smelly trash sitting in the hallway that stayed there until late Monday morning. Our room, 305, was as we requested, a king with a balcony. Our friends room 325 was just a king. When they got to their room it had not been cleaned. The bed was still just like the previous people left it. A call to the desk got them another room, 330. That room was ok except for the dirty tampon left on the floor in the bathroom. When we tried to hook up our computer in 305 there was no connection. I figured if the computers had gone down this would be fixed soon, but there was no internet connection by Monday morning. As we went for breakfast I asked the desk if they knew about the internet problem and they told me, "A technition is on the way." He must have had to come from Oklahoma because it didn't come back up until after 3 pm. Our friends from 330 didn't get internet until Wednesday morning as we were leaving. From our balcony we looked right down on the pool which appeared very dirty in the corners. I never saw anyone clean it the three days we were there. As far as being a "beachfront" hotel this is not. Yes, it is across the street from the ocean, but there is no beach only a 16' seawall that drops straight down to the water. We only stay a La Quinta when we travel, but we will not come back to this one. The La Quinta East is much nicer and not five miles from everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West and staying with us during your recent visit.

We appreciate your review and take your observations quite seriously to improve our guest services.

Appropriate steps have been taken that such an unlikely incidence never occurs again.

The housekeeping and maintenance staff have been really put to task to attend each of your point of observation.

We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a wonderful time from start to finish. Our room had a great view of the beach. The staff at the front desk . We had not taken a vacation in years. This stay was everything we hoped it would be.
Everything was excellent. The hotel was just renovated so everything was new including the flooring. There are many hotels to choose from but we like this one because of its price and value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you don't mind staying in a non secure building, toilet wasn't secured to the floor, rust in sink and tub, and sprinklers. Paint peeling from walls. Just don't think they invest in the building. Staff was great. Location was good. But I wouldn't stay there again. Nope not going to happen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Very glad to hear that you were pleased with our location.

Housekeeping staff have checked and ensured the highest degree of cleanliness of the rooms. They have been instructed to ensure the rooms are in hygiene condition before checking in a new guest to the room.

Staff received our commendation for the courteous, helpful manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West? Share your experiences!