“Unorganized and Unfriendly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8710 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Arlington, Texas
“Unorganized and Unfriendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at a LaQuinta the night before our arrival to Galveston in Houston. The Houston LaQuinta was great, the staff was so nice and our room was very clean! My husband and I arrived at the Galveston LaQuinta the next day and was immediately not impressed. I went in, despite my hesitation. The lady at the front desk was not friendly, I did not get the warm friendly greeting like I had received in Houston. I gave her my information and she checked on my reservation. While checking the availability of the room I booked, a woman and her husband came down with their bags and room key in hand. The woman looked very upset, and informed the front desk staff that there were people and a dog in the room she was just given a key to. Housekeeping was at the desk and showed proof she cleaned the room earlier. No one at the front desk knew who was in the room or how they got a key. Very unorganized. The lady who was helping me disappeared in the middle of checking me in, left my credit card and drivers license on the desk for all to see. She said she was going to check on the availablity of my room, she was gone for 20 minutes. In the time she was gone the other lady at the front desk continued to check guests in, at least 3 to be exact. Why was their room ready? I had arrived before them and somehow my room wasn't ready? I have stayed at many LaQuinta's all around Texas, I have never been to one so unorganized and so unfriendly. Needless to say, we did not stay. In the time it took the other lady to check 3 people in we booked a room at a much nicer and friendlier hotel. Note, the lady who was checking me in did not come back, the other lady somehow had time to come over and cancel my reservation. I will not stay at this LaQuinta, nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West for your recent stay in our area.

• Front desk Lady received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Front desk staff received additional training with regards to maintaining the reservation and allotting the rooms.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very friendly staff. Always helpful with a great knowledge of the area. The family quote was a big plus as my daughter and I were traveling with 4 children. Was nice to be able to share the same space and not be crowded. We usually have to get 2 rooms and the children want to run back and forth between them. Parking was easy and the elevator a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

West Fork, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We go to Galveston at least once sometime twice a year and we stay in different Hotels ,but on our last trip we stayed at La Quinta on seawall blvd,and we had a wonderful stay.The breakfast they offer for free was very good and a great selection,this is a pet friendly Hotel so if you have a pet this one is great! we will be going back and staying at this Hotel again. I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Where does one start? The disinterested front desk staff? The broken air conditioner (68 degrees my butt)? The rock-hard bed? The run-down nature of the room? Light fixtures that cannot be turned on? The TV remote-control that must be used right next to the TV? The paucity of electric plugs? The wi-fi inability to work on smartphones? The 4am screaming, door-slamming fight in the hallway? The horrible-tasting "coffee" in the breakfast area? The high price of the room? This is far and away the worst La Quinta we have ever had the displeasure of staying in and it will certainly be the last time for this particular location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• Front desk received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the A’C, Bed, Light Fixtures, TV remote-control and WI FI connection in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Management and desk staff was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed at this La Quinta facility over the past 7-8 years and found it to be a very good hotel with good infrastructure maintenance. However, on our last stay we noticed that the Pine-Sol smell in the room was almost overwhelming. We travel with a toy poodle, so it's possible that the hotel assigned us a room for a family with a pet. Fortunately, in our old age we have realized that we should carry a room deodorizer in a baggie in our luggage. After a couple of hours, the Pine-Sol smell was diminished. As we opened the door to the room, we could see marks on the wall that indicated that luggage or carts, etc. had been carelessly pushed against the wall. We realize that this is not a brand new hotel, but just a simple paint job would have covered the marks. It appears that the management of this hotel has changed from our previous visits, We will stay at another hotel in Galveston in the future if we can locate one that accepts pets without a charge. All in all, we believe that this La Quinta is in need of a remodel and possibly better onsight management that will inspect all of the guest rooms. We are being charitable with our "average" rating for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lqgalvestonislandtx, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and also thank you for finding the check in and checkout matched your expectations.

We are addressing your observations related to the room features and cleanliness and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit. Each room will be thoroughly checked before checking in a new guest.

We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Mexia, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Everthing was ok. Unlike other reviews, I thought it was very clean. It needed some minor repairs here and there. It had unusual smells and humidity. The staff wasn't rude, but didn't seem to put any effort into friendliness. Not especially good or bad.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the La Quinta during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and your overall remark. It is heartening to note that you liked the stay.

Any how we take your observations about the rooms and the hotel staff has been taken care of and you shall not experience again.

We hope that you will surely choose the La Quinta once again and have a new experience.

Hotel Manager.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West? Share your experiences!