My husband and I stayed at a LaQuinta the night before our arrival to Galveston in Houston. The Houston LaQuinta was great, the staff was so nice and our room was very clean! My husband and I arrived at the Galveston LaQuinta the next day and was immediately not impressed. I went in, despite my hesitation. The lady at the front desk was not friendly, I did not get the warm friendly greeting like I had received in Houston. I gave her my information and she checked on my reservation. While checking the availability of the room I booked, a woman and her husband came down with their bags and room key in hand. The woman looked very upset, and informed the front desk staff that there were people and a dog in the room she was just given a key to. Housekeeping was at the desk and showed proof she cleaned the room earlier. No one at the front desk knew who was in the room or how they got a key. Very unorganized. The lady who was helping me disappeared in the middle of checking me in, left my credit card and drivers license on the desk for all to see. She said she was going to check on the availablity of my room, she was gone for 20 minutes. In the time she was gone the other lady at the front desk continued to check guests in, at least 3 to be exact. Why was their room ready? I had arrived before them and somehow my room wasn't ready? I have stayed at many LaQuinta's all around Texas, I have never been to one so unorganized and so unfriendly. Needless to say, we did not stay. In the time it took the other lady to check 3 people in we booked a room at a much nicer and friendlier hotel. Note, the lady who was checking me in did not come back, the other lady somehow had time to come over and cancel my reservation. I will not stay at this LaQuinta, nor will I recommend it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-new La Quinta Inn and Suites Galveston is an attractive oceanfront hotel located just 3-miles West of downtown Galveston near several prominent attractions including, beaches, cruise ports, Bishop Palace, Moody Gardens, and Seawolf Park. Each well-equipped room features free high-speed Internet access, a microwave, and refrigerator. This La Quinta also offers a complimentary continental breakfast with hot waffles, fitness center, a Seasonal outdoor swimming pool, and heated whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Galveston
- Galveston La Quinta