We arrived for a 5 day get away. With no warning we walked in on a major remodeling in the hotel on January 6, 2013. We tried to stay but had to move to the other La Quinta at the east end of the island, following a night of hell. We were put in the only room on the first floor not under renovation and had to walk down the hall avoiding construction people and their tools. We demanded our money back and got it. Front desk gal was nasty upon checkin. Manager was the only person you could deal with and he was off sick. A suggestion to the franchise owner of this hotel is to shut down during this extensive remodel, get it done and reopen when done. We were very unhappy with the whole experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-new La Quinta Inn and Suites Galveston is an attractive oceanfront hotel located just 3-miles West of downtown Galveston near several prominent attractions including, beaches, cruise ports, Bishop Palace, Moody Gardens, and Seawolf Park. Each well-equipped room features free high-speed Internet access, a microwave, and refrigerator. This La Quinta also offers a complimentary continental breakfast with hot waffles, fitness center, a Seasonal outdoor swimming pool, and heated whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Hotel Galveston
- La Quinta Galveston
- Galveston La Quinta