“Great hotel, but not so great cruise port shuttle” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6302 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Kansas
“Great hotel, but not so great cruise port shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here 2 nights pre cruise. Check in was fast and easy, they were able to accomodate us a day early when the weather forecast was bad for driving and we decided to go a day early. Breakfast was good and seating was ample. Golden Corral is right next door. There was parking under the hotel,which was nice since it was raining. The elevator goes down to the garage. There were two shuttle times to the port, 9:30 and 12:30. We chose the early time and pickup was prompt. We were dropped off at the port and told where we would be picked up. We called the hotel after the cruise when we were through customs and under the red flag. We waited over an hour. The whole point of getting off the ship as soon as we could was because we had a 12 hour drive ahead of us. We called after 40 minutes and were told he would be there any moment. He wasn't. We paid $50 for this? We stopped at another hotel to drop off people before we were dropped off. I think they need to have their own van and driver if they are going to offer this service for a fee.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The title of this review just says all you need to know but I need to tell how the staff of the hotel treated this awful situation.
I was at my room and then I saw a rat. So, I went to the front desk and told what was happening to the guy that was there.
He took a note of the fact, gave me another card to change the room and finished! I asked him if no one was supposed to kill the rat and he told me that there was no one to do that in that moment.
I really do not know if the rat stayed in the same room or visited another one. The staff of the hotel was not worried about that rats can transmit diseases. So, I checked out the hotel and I am not going to return there and my suggestion is that all of you that read the reviews here, do not stay in this hotel.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Before leaving home, we reserved a room here for only one night. We were pleased when we saw it and decided to stay another night. The price was very reasonable for a resort area. Our room had a balcony that looked out over the Gulf. The room was very clean, attractive, and up to date. A hot breakfast with a good variety of choices was included. We would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Awesome!
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From check in to check out, couldn't have asked for anything more. During check in, Lori was professional and personable while covering all necessary information we'd need during our stay. Room was comfortable, noise from other guests in the hall might bother light sleepers. Wonderful staff made this a great experience!

Room Tip: To help with "hallway" sounds, simply place a towel at the bottom of the door. Simple fix...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
That is fantastic! We work very hard to provide the best possible service and accommodations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Note to travelers: Start sleeping with the TV on before you travel anywhere. You will have a much more restful experience.
Seguin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Over all...great...
Rooms clean..
Breakfast was good..(hot)
View is okay.. You can see the water.. But you have to look.
Not facing the water..
Friendly staff!
Elevator made some screeching noises..
Park underneath the building was very nice.
Food all down the seaboard.
Moody Gardens right down the road..
My only complaint was the guy running the buffet gave a large bag to a lady to what looks like she was feeding 10 more people... She had 5 bananas..
6 apples. 4 oranges. 5 yogurts..
Three waffles... And three plate fulls off eggs..sausage....and oh yea. A load of tortillas...
I only wonder how much we pay extra for the room to get the "free breakfast"??

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. Sometimes our guests take advantage of anything that we offer “complimentary” and will remove everything from the room that is not bolted down as well as abuse the free breakfast. I will tell you that in no way does the abuse of these privileges have a direct impact on the price of our rooms. These are considered a cost of doing business and come off the owners bottom line. Rather, the hotel pricing strategies employed today are far more complicated and involve data compilation from many sources and revenue and rate management techniques employed by hotels and management. Rates are really a result of supply and demand and competitive pricing based on comparable hotels. With the help of software similar to what the airlines use, hotels set and change pricing models to reflect the current demand generators, weather, season, availability, location and to a degree features offered. So in reality these extra costs do have a long term impact on the cost of the room, but it is just as likely that towels taken from a hotel in California will impact next seasons pricing strategy. In general everyone pays the price of these expenses built into every purchase they make - Your McDonalds* burger for instance has the cost of employee theft and messed up orders already built in as well as the items you purchase everyday at any retail store. Entire carts walk out of WalMart* and Best Buy*, of course these costs are later passed on to the consumer.
*McDonalds, WalMart and Best Buy are trademarks of their respective companies.
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've read through some of the reviews. Many of the more negative reviews you might see may be by guests who feel they need to be pampered every moment and step of the way, so don't let that deter you from staying here.

I was greeted appropriately and was recognized for my status as a Diamond Member of Choice Hotels. This status is earned by staying 40+ nights in a Choice Hotel (not using points) -- since my job requires me to travel, I stay many, many more nights in all sorts of hotels and this by far was one of the finest hotels I have stayed in.

The rooms were clean, and everything was in working order. I stayed on an upper floor and yes, while you can hear kids and families moving in the hallways-- this is a popular tourist destination-- so that was not unexpected.

The location is superb. It is right on the beach and close to all the attractions in Galveston. We were late getting down for breakfast, but there were still plenty of items left to choose from.

Staff was very friendly and I experienced no problems. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top Floor!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your words of support!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband, my 3 month old daughter, and I stayed here for two nights over Christmas. We arrived on Christmas Eve, and we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It is recently remodeled and in good condition. It is much nicer than what I expected for a Comfort Inn. I would compare the décor and layout to that of a Springhill Suites or a newer, updated Fairfield Inn. Our room was spacious with a bedroom area with the bed, nightstands, desk, dresser, fridge, and tv; a seating area with a couch, mirror, and open floor space; and a small entryway near the bathroom. It was great for us - we put our pack n play in the seating area for our daughter. Service was attentive, and breakfast was nice. Our few complaints: 1) You can hear everything happening in the hallway in your room. We never heard our neighbors in their rooms, but we heard the loud people out in the hallway. 2) The suite set up is a little odd. There are no doors separating the areas, and there is no tv in the sitting area. 3) Minor details have been missed. We saw paint splotches on the newly painted walls, and we noticed missed details in the bathroom (when the mirror fogged from our shower, we could see "I love you Eddie" on the mirror that likely the last guest had written with their finger when the mirror was fogged). 4) The hot tub was not hot.

Overall, though, the hotel is much nicer than we expected, especially for the price we paid. It's great for families, it's close to the seawall (we walked the beach everyday we were there), it has free breakfast with hot items, the staff is friendly, the hotel is updated and clean, and it was a good deal. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Beachfront! Great review! I appreciate the details you mention as that helps us to improve in any weak areas. As you know we have recently undergone a complete remodel and rolled out our new complimentary hot breakfast program. A large remodel like that requires a post-remodel “punch” to be completed to resolve any remaining issues that were not corrected during the construction as well as new issues created by the construction itself. We are currently addressing many of the issues you mentioned and should be in fantastic shape for our upcoming summer season. I hope that you will be our guest again in 2015!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront? Share your experiences!