“Exceptional Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6302 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Magnolia, United States
“Exceptional Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I took our two kids (11 and 12) for a mini vacation to Galveston. When we were first looking for a hotel, we were leaning towards some other hotels that we know well. But, we thought we would take a chance and save some money. After researching our options, this one had good reviews. We were pleasantly surprised! It looks like they recently remodeled, or they just keep the hotel up well. Every single staff person was amazingly helpful and positive! They even went to the store specially for us for breakfast to buy some gluten free cereal! The only draw back, which had nothing to do with the hotel, was Galveston beach itself. The seaweed is rotting, stinky and rat infested. Nasty! But, we found our way down to East Beach which was fairly clean and not crowded at this time of year. We enjoyed ourselves at the beach and played in the water.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 and 203 are a bit noisy early during breakfast. So, if you want to sleep in, I would pick...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived for our prepaid stay early (I booked on the hotel's webpage) and were allowed to check in about 1 p.m., which was great. We were on the first floor. Our room was quiet and fairly clean, but 2 of the 4 lamps didn't work. I reported them to the front desk, but, as we were only staying one night, I told the clerk not to worry about fixing the problem immediately. Our room also had a silver flat screen TV sitting in front of the black one that was mounted to the wall, which didn't look great but worked fine.
Breakfast was average for this chain. WIFI worked fine and seemed fairly fast. Staff was very helpful and friendly. As noted by others, exercise room and business center are very small, but I doubt if many use them. (I didn't.)

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view ask for the east side, otherwise the balcony has a view of the neighboring...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I needed a little get away...from work, from kids, from the traffic, and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary. Lori at the hotel was super-nice and the place, with it's new renovations, looked awesome. We had stayed there before the rennovations and it was nice but I can see why people love this place. Lori helped us check in, told us about timings for everything and seemed caring and willing to do more. The room was very clean, the lobby was tidy and the pool was great. Will definitely be saving this hotel and go again...and again. Thanks again Lori.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Nacogdoches, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We took the boys here for a birthday. The staff was nice and the place was clean but there are a few issues you should know about. First, there isn't enough seating for the breakfast buffet so go down before 8am or you will be standing. Second, this is a family place so the pool and hot tub will be full of screaming, unsupervised kids. Third, everything is tiny. The "business center" is a closet with one computer. The fitness center has a bike, treadmill and weight machine but I'm not sure all three could be used at the same time by different people. The pool and hot tub are equally minuscule. We only ran into one real issue and that was a non-functional plug in the bathroom. We had to improvise so my wife could blow-dry her hair. Otherwise, it's hard to beat the overall value for the price.

Lithia Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The drive to the hotel was beautiful along the coast. Then we had a nice view of the ocean from our balcony. Beds were comfortable. There was an issue with spots on linens which was handled by management. Breakfast was average - nothing special. Wifi connection was good. Parking under the building was good. Hotel was convenient to everything we wanted to see and do. Restaurants in area close early, but that is not the fault of the restaurant. Just be aware if you arrive late, you may have trouble finding a place to eat.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 6 days ago
You are sure right about the local restaurants. They roll up the sidewalks in Galveston at about 10:00pm, so if you are looking for a nice dinner you should plan on eating early. There are a few late night options available at the local greasy-spoons. Our staff has some great suggestions for local eateries and will be sure to steer you clear of tourist traps, big chains and frozen seafood shipped in from abroad. We of course provide a hot complimentary breakfast for all of our guests. Our past reviews have offered suggestions as to how to improve our breakfast and increase the variety. We have recently added some new options and improved the quality of our items. We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not really sure about the other reviews, they seem fishy just like the smell all weekend from the seaweed problem on the island. I know they cannot help that problem but they could make sure the rooms are cleaned correctly. Arrival was ok and average at best the person at the desk was not there and then appeared hanging up their cell phone. The room seemed to be clean although the door was left open to the balcony so the smell from the seaweed was gagging in the room and we had to spray the crap out of the room with air freshener. I tried to call the desk but the phone wasn't working so I said forget it and dealt with it. Went into the bathroom and I am sure the toilet was wiped down and not thoroughly cleaned since it had urine stains on the bowl and seat, pretty gross so we wiped that down with sanitizer and laughed about the problems we had to this point.

When we finally got ready to pull the sheets back to get ready for bed I noticed some staining on the sheets which appeared to be from the previous people in the room. It was a crusty yellowish substance and then the other bed had hairs in the middle not to mention the leftover toe nails in the sheets. Gross!

I went down asked for new room and they said they didn't have anymore and gave me a set of sheets to change them myself...Thanks. Finally we got to the point to get to sleep and then the noise started with party goers. Picked up the phone and laughed again that it didn't work. Again, I got up to go down to the front desk, opened the door and a HUGE rat was casually walking down the hallway. I closed it and said I just wanted to try to sleep...after about an hour it calmed down. We got up in the morning, got the kids ready for breakfast, went down to a really crowded area that was difficult to navigate. After we were sitting at the table we noticed a couple of roaches crawling on the curtains and lost our appetite, thank god the kids didn't notice. We went upstairs to the room got our items and left our keys in the room. As we were leaving we said we would never be back.

Definitely not what we expected considering the curb appeal of the hotel and a definite black eye for the company overall. You should make sure the rooms are clean before checking someone in and the biggest one make sure you control the bug and rat problem. I read some of the other reviews and it's funny to me that these people cant see the real issues. We just wanted a clean room. Considering the high price we expected more. Never again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Beachfront? Are you sure this review is meant for our property? The issues you describe are uncharacteristic of our hotel, but if indeed you did stay with us recently and this was in-fact your experience, I certainly wish that you would have contacted management about any of these issues.

Though there is nothing any local business can do about the seaweed issue this summer, the other issues you describe are appalling and unacceptable at any hotel, no matter the price. Our guests and their experiences at our hotel are very important to us. In fact, everything we do, from training, coaching and seminars to scheduling, inventory and maintenance is all meant to provide our guests with a better overall experience. Please reach out to management so we can have an opportunity to address your concerns.
Northern Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here b/c it was #2 on Trip Advisor & I love Trip Advisor. Usually the reviews are accurate. This place is filthy. I wiped out the drawer & the wash cloth was actually dirty! There were still coffee grinds in the coffee filter. I'll write a proper review once I'm home & on my computer.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront? Share your experiences!