“Dark, dreary and depressing” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Inn & Suites to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Americas Best Inn & Suites
6311 Central City Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #47 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Benton, Arkansas
“Dark, dreary and depressing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Carpet was new and the bed was reasonably comfortable. Everything else was a lie or just did not work as advertised. Full Hot breakfast? What a joke, thank God for McDonalds. Free Wifi? Yep, if you stand next to the front desk in the Lobby. There are Safes in the room and the crooked management charges you a dollar a day extra for the safe., they just don't bother to tell you this until you check out. You have a lot of options in Galveston, DON'T Choose this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Huffman, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed 4/26/13 for our 5 year anniversary. Room was dirty, beds were lumpy, TV, VCR & DVD player were broken, We called the front desk and were told, "sometimes they work; sometimes they don't work." We only saved $30 staying here. Would have been better to spend the little extra and stay in a cleaner hotel right on the beach. PAY the extra! It's defiantly worth it!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We were in Galveston on a weekend in April 2013. We had to find a new hotel for Saturday night and after hours of calling around (everything was sold out) our last resort was this hotel. We got there , me and 3 guys... And we were immediately disgusted by not only the appearance but the smell. We all looked around and decided to just tough it out as we didn't have another option. The beds were almost in the floor, carpet stained horrible, bathroom was filthy, bed comforter looked nasty, there was mold in the bathroom ceiling, looked like poop and hand prints all over the wall. I went to get in the shower and I wore my friends flip flops and luckily I had my own beach towel. The towels were nasty, stained and had holes in them. No way in hell I was using one. A friend of mine rinsed off in the nasty dirty shower and used a tshirt to dry off. It was just ridiculous. We left to meet friends for a late lunch And we were telling them how horrible it was a friend of ours got on his phone and called the motel. He convinced him to refund our money and vacate. That was around 3pm and we had to vacate by 4 pm to get a refund. Our friends followed us and when we got there we started packing up our stuff and the manager/ owner followed my friend to the room and watched us as we left the room. As if we were going to steal something from this nasty place. He was incredibly rude and cocky. I asked him if he owned this place and he said yes... I told him If I were him I would be embarrassed to rent a room to anyone here. He then proceeded to tell us he charges $350/night in the summer. I told him he was smoking f'ing crack and he was a thief. Whatever you do..... DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Put these damn people out of business. They are liars, thiefs, nasty, horrible people. Oh and the kicked for all of it was that our room cost $120 for the NIGHT!!!!!! Our friends had a hook up at the holiday inn resort for $79.99.... Total nightmare and avoid at all costs!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the worst experience ever! After we notified the night manager that our room smelled like vomit and there were stains on the floor we were quite offended when he said that he didn't know if we had done that. Then he suggested that we stay in that room since he didn't have another double bed room. I told him I was not gonna sleep in that DISGUSTING room! He found another room with 1 bed. I told him we needed two beds, but he did not want to give us an additional room unless we paid for it. We could not afford that so we were forced to take one room with one bed for 4 people. Two adults slept on a hard cot. In addition to this, myself and one of the younger children awoke to bedbug bites all over our bodies. This hotel is nasty stay FAR AWAY!!!

Room Tip: This hotel smells as soon as you walk in! Stay far far away!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cajun Country
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The first sign should have been when it's a pay up front kind of place for 2 nights and also the curry smell in the lobby. The tub & toilet were not cleaned, The dirt was gathered in the corner by the bathroom door. The hair dryer broke after trying to use it for 2 mins....complained to the front desk....up until we left it was never fixed. The so called "continental breakfast" tasted like it's been there for weeks...the best thing was the OJ. The sugar container was swollen & cracked like if it was previously wet. We eventually went to McDonalds to get something decent to eat. On the side of the hotel towards the pool, the wall was boarded up...not sure what took place there. This hotel does nothing to give that sense of cleanliness. Behind the beds seemed like they've never been vacuumed. I'm so happy I brought a sheet, blanket & pillows to use.......will never recommend this place

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Some concerns of the establishment about 3 blocks from the Sea Wall of Galveston. I can see the reviews written beside mine as I type this statement and see they mirror my concerns very well! Not a good sign, for a nice building .Firstly , should have relised and gone elsewhere, was the very heavy curry smell on entering the reception and kids watching a TV of Famiy Guy behind the counter. The sign hanging outside wa the draw card.. at $29.99 per night it was almost unbeatable...if it was nicer it would be packed!! Starting off with the poor carpet conditions, looks like a person had gotten sick and they never cleaned the carpet? Water taps loose , ipitted rusted and leaking and gotta love the sandpaper towels. Behind the bed side tables, were filthy with dust,dirt and not certian of what else. Bathroom tiles wer dirty and the bath/shower floor was all wet on arival, as if they had had a shower and not cleaned the tub area? Bonus a >Swimming pool.. LMAO.. sorry but floating plastic bags and green with algae growth,is not my idea of a nice cool dip! Continental breakfast was a caraffe of juice a coffee pot and two covered trays of plastic wrapped pastrys.. <age unknown!? .Pay about $10 more per night and there is aplace right next door/behind that was very reasonable rate.. Can't hurt, or be much less clean!! Good notes.. Close proximity to Sea Wall and walking the beach front.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor overlooking the parking area.. Just incaswe my car got jacked!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dilip Z, Owner at Americas Best Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Hotel Management
Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

bath room floor black w/mold. corners and behind furniture filthey. 4 ref. and stil did not work right. carpets discusting. room service every other day, maybe... nothing good to say. and guess what? bed bugs!!! that was my last night. I'd rather stay in my car.

Room Tip: choose a room elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!