“Nasty roach motel with horrible owner/manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Inn & Suites

You added Americas Best Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6311 Central City Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #47 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Nasty roach motel with horrible owner/manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in Galveston on a weekend in April 2013. We had to find a new hotel for Saturday night and after hours of calling around (everything was sold out) our last resort was this hotel. We got there , me and 3 guys... And we were immediately disgusted by not only the appearance but the smell. We all looked around and decided to just tough it out as we didn't have another option. The beds were almost in the floor, carpet stained horrible, bathroom was filthy, bed comforter looked nasty, there was mold in the bathroom ceiling, looked like poop and hand prints all over the wall. I went to get in the shower and I wore my friends flip flops and luckily I had my own beach towel. The towels were nasty, stained and had holes in them. No way in hell I was using one. A friend of mine rinsed off in the nasty dirty shower and used a tshirt to dry off. It was just ridiculous. We left to meet friends for a late lunch And we were telling them how horrible it was a friend of ours got on his phone and called the motel. He convinced him to refund our money and vacate. That was around 3pm and we had to vacate by 4 pm to get a refund. Our friends followed us and when we got there we started packing up our stuff and the manager/ owner followed my friend to the room and watched us as we left the room. As if we were going to steal something from this nasty place. He was incredibly rude and cocky. I asked him if he owned this place and he said yes... I told him If I were him I would be embarrassed to rent a room to anyone here. He then proceeded to tell us he charges $350/night in the summer. I told him he was smoking f'ing crack and he was a thief. Whatever you do..... DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Put these damn people out of business. They are liars, thiefs, nasty, horrible people. Oh and the kicked for all of it was that our room cost $120 for the NIGHT!!!!!! Our friends had a hook up at the holiday inn resort for $79.99.... Total nightmare and avoid at all costs!!!!

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the worst experience ever! After we notified the night manager that our room smelled like vomit and there were stains on the floor we were quite offended when he said that he didn't know if we had done that. Then he suggested that we stay in that room since he didn't have another double bed room. I told him I was not gonna sleep in that DISGUSTING room! He found another room with 1 bed. I told him we needed two beds, but he did not want to give us an additional room unless we paid for it. We could not afford that so we were forced to take one room with one bed for 4 people. Two adults slept on a hard cot. In addition to this, myself and one of the younger children awoke to bedbug bites all over our bodies. This hotel is nasty stay FAR AWAY!!!

Room Tip: This hotel smells as soon as you walk in! Stay far far away!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cajun Country
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The first sign should have been when it's a pay up front kind of place for 2 nights and also the curry smell in the lobby. The tub & toilet were not cleaned, The dirt was gathered in the corner by the bathroom door. The hair dryer broke after trying to use it for 2 mins....complained to the front desk....up until we left it was never fixed. The so called "continental breakfast" tasted like it's been there for weeks...the best thing was the OJ. The sugar container was swollen & cracked like if it was previously wet. We eventually went to McDonalds to get something decent to eat. On the side of the hotel towards the pool, the wall was boarded up...not sure what took place there. This hotel does nothing to give that sense of cleanliness. Behind the beds seemed like they've never been vacuumed. I'm so happy I brought a sheet, blanket & pillows to use.......will never recommend this place

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Some concerns of the establishment about 3 blocks from the Sea Wall of Galveston. I can see the reviews written beside mine as I type this statement and see they mirror my concerns very well! Not a good sign, for a nice building .Firstly , should have relised and gone elsewhere, was the very heavy curry smell on entering the reception and kids watching a TV of Famiy Guy behind the counter. The sign hanging outside wa the draw card.. at $29.99 per night it was almost unbeatable...if it was nicer it would be packed!! Starting off with the poor carpet conditions, looks like a person had gotten sick and they never cleaned the carpet? Water taps loose , ipitted rusted and leaking and gotta love the sandpaper towels. Behind the bed side tables, were filthy with dust,dirt and not certian of what else. Bathroom tiles wer dirty and the bath/shower floor was all wet on arival, as if they had had a shower and not cleaned the tub area? Bonus a >Swimming pool.. LMAO.. sorry but floating plastic bags and green with algae growth,is not my idea of a nice cool dip! Continental breakfast was a caraffe of juice a coffee pot and two covered trays of plastic wrapped pastrys.. <age unknown!? .Pay about $10 more per night and there is aplace right next door/behind that was very reasonable rate.. Can't hurt, or be much less clean!! Good notes.. Close proximity to Sea Wall and walking the beach front.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor overlooking the parking area.. Just incaswe my car got jacked!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dilip Z, Owner at Americas Best Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Hotel Management
Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

bath room floor black w/mold. corners and behind furniture filthey. 4 ref. and stil did not work right. carpets discusting. room service every other day, maybe... nothing good to say. and guess what? bed bugs!!! that was my last night. I'd rather stay in my car.

Room Tip: choose a room elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mesquite, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Wish I had read these other reviews before booking this place.

I sent my grand-daughter and son to Galveston for only 1 night (all they had) for a quick summer outing on 8/13. My son came by early just to check on possible early check in and was asked to come back after 11am. When he did... the nightmare at this establishment began. My son was lectured about trying to check-in early. When he asked to confirm his room he was instructed to "BE QUIET" so the employee could work on his terminal. When my son returned after 3pm to checkin he found the POOL not operational, microwave in the room not functioning. When he asked for a replacement or service, no one ever came after they said they would. The place was dirty and the service RUDE and UNCARING. For $200 for one night.... this is almost CRIMINAL and was like being in a third world country. Service can make up for alot of other issues. Apparently this company is not aware of that. A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

It could have been worse, but it was late and I was desperate. The room felt humid. I realize it is near the ocean but the room had air conditioning, not a swamp cooler. The bathroom floor was grimy along the sides, making it obvious that if the floor is every actually mopped, it is just a quick once-over and there was enough grime on the floor behind the door to make it clear that no one mops back there.

There was partially-dried urine on the toilet seat and lid. It did not come from us.

The floor in the bathroom was just gross. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned after the last people were there. Straightened, yes. Mopped? No.

There was mildew along the bottom of the shower curtain.

The entire room - especially the bathroom - grossed me out enough that I made my kids wear their flip flops, even in the shower. My littlest didn't wear her shoes the next morning and her feet were filthy afterward! It looked like she had been walking barefoot on the sidewalk rather than in a motel room. I snapped a photo just as we stepped out of the door. In the photo we're on the walkway out front but the filth on her feet came from the room, not the walkway.

Pillows on the beds were a joke. They were flat as pancakes - almost literally. Even stacking two wasn't enough, and I am not one that likes very fluffy pillows.

The sign in the lobby says that the lobby hours are from 6am-8pm (I think it's 8pm..I KNOW it says 6 a.m.). When I tried to come turn in our room key card at 7:45, the doors were locked and there was no one in sight at the counter. Even knocking didn't bring anyone to the door. We wound up coming back two hours later to check out. Good thing we didn't have to leave Galveston that day or we would have had issues.

We will NEVER stay in this place again, unless it falls under new ownership.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family