“Finally experienced Gaido's” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 265 Restaurants in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. Plus, with the Pelican Club, private dining, catering, a new food truck and parking galore…it’s easy to see why Gaido’s -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Finally experienced Gaido's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been to Galveston many times as a business "diversion". I've often eaten early dinner at Casey's next door for gulf shrimp, and sat outside. Since this was one of the last times I planned to be in Galveston, I decided to stop at Gaido's despite having a tight schedule, and needing to get to S. Houston. It was a bit upscale for a quick lunch, but glad I did it;. Service was excellent (told them I was in a hurry)....the waiter, Marshall was attentive without being obtrusive.....The gulf shrimp was excellent, and the presentation likewise. I would have liked au gratin potatoes, but they were pre-portioned for sharing as an appetizer, and I was solo with no way to take a to-go, so I "settled for" the side offering of parmesan tomatoes (also excellent).. Glad I stopped, and would highly recommend if you're in the area...

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bossier City
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Upscale, amazing food, service, and atmosphere. Their speciality is seafood. My husband's fish special was wonderful. My steak was the best ever. We experienced no problems; have nothing but praise!

Visited November 2013
San Pedro, Belize
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Galveston and we keep coming back. We have always had delightful service and excellent seafood. Staff is extremely helpful if you are celebrating a special occasion, they will certainly help with the planning. If oysters are in season, be sure and try them all!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Henderson, Texas, United States
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here for Thanksgiving. We had a reservation. If we hadn't had one, I don't think we would have been seated. The waitress was helpful. I had a house salad with ranch and croutons that were made in house. I had ravioli with grilled chicken and sun dried tomatoes (I'm not a seafood fan but my family is). My family got fries shrimp and fried catfish. Everyone left full and happy.

Visited November 2013
Spring, Texas
“Family visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Food was very good! Server, David was knowledgable about menu and very personable . Kept our 11 year old daughter entertained and catered to her.

• Visited November 2013