“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Waterpark

Save Saved
You added Inn at the Waterpark to your Saves list
Inn at the Waterpark
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 Jones Drive, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554 (Formerly Brentwood Inn and Suites)   |
Special Price
Book Early Save up to 25%
Ranked #28 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Arlington, Texas
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I just wanna say thanks again to the staff at the Inn at the Waterpark, got there a little early but did not hesatate to get us in a room before the check in time. As always great room with a very pleasant staff. I also just wanna say thank you to Mrs Riley, it has been you and the staff there that keeps us comming back each year.

The guys from Dallas

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Vidor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We would definitely stay here again. We didn't come to sit in the room and gaze out the window at the Gulf which would have been nice of course but quite costly. We could have walked to Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn but we wanted to save our feet and had a 5 year old. Schlitterbahn was closed anyway. Some of the parking is under the hotel (still above ground) and open on all sides. There are 3 floors. We had two connecting rooms which were spotless and large. Flatscreen TV, small fridge, microwave, one cup coffee maker, hair dryer, 2 tables with 3 chairs, an easy chair, divided bathroom with a sink in each one. You can potty, shower, use the sink in one with a locked door. The connecting one just has the sink with the hair dryer and a closet area to hang your clothes and an iron and ironing board. They serve a continental breakfast and have free minature golf. There is a pool and pool house that serves food but was closed at this time of the year. Actually when we checked in, there was only one other car here. Spooky. The next night there was several more. The weather had been bad on Monday and it was still damp and cool. It was our spring break but not Galveston's. Moody Garden's was not crowded. The prices may go up when warm weather arrives but it was very reasonable at $89 a night. I would suggest bringing paper towels, a few paper plates, a larger coffee maker if you want a lot in your room. Maybe even a few forks and spoons if you plan on eating in your room . We would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband and I found Inn at the Waterpark via Priceline while looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Galveston during Labor Day weekend. We were pleasantly surprised by this little gem located about a mile from the beach.

The front desk staff were helpful and accommodating. Our room was spacious, with a microwave and mini-fridge and spotless to boot. The hotel had free miniature golf and a nice pool, in addition to free breakfast. I would be pleased to stay here again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

It seems there are mixed reviews concerning this hotel. I gather that it is the luck of the draw what kind of room you get.
Luckily, we got one of the good ones. Our room was clean and spacious.The room is divided into two sections, a small eating area with a table and chairs, frig, and microwave along with built in shelves for storage. The other section is the sleeping and bathroom area. The double bed seemed smaller than the norm and it the mattress was not firm enough for my liking.
Despite the hotel being booked with families with younger children, it was quiet enough. The room was insulated from all the noise and we were even able to sleep in the next day.
An added perk was the free miniature golf course located on the property.
The location is good. Schlitterbahn is across the street, the beach and plenty of restaurants are located a short drive away,
I would recommend this hotel, especially to families with children.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
us
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

They require a $50 deposit at the time you book the room. The way we were told, you get the deposit back when you check out without damage to the room. What they do NOT tell you is it can take up to 15 days (possibly longer) to get this deposit back. If you use your bank card, possibly longer. Make sure to keep this in your mind before booking a room!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
wharton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

We went to Galveston to spend the weekend at Schlitterbahn and visit some of the local city parks. When we checked in the Front Desk clerk was absolutley welcoming. We requested a bottom floor room and it was no problem at all. The room was clean and perfect. Our room had a Mini fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker, and Iron. What I like most especially was the small office desk and small dining table. Those were perfect for my husband and my 13 year old to play on their computers with the free internet that was provided. About the property: The mini putt putt was great! My two sons 8, 13, my husband and myself had so much fun. Just make sure the little ones realize its not baseball otherwise you will be hunting putt putt balls in the ditch. LoL Obviously that happened!!! I was concerned that we were going to have a asternomical fee for the putt putt because all I could find in reference to the charge was the month of May free and we were in June. You know you can not take children to a motel with a putt putt in the front yard and not take them to play so I was relieved when it was all FREE with the room and not like $50.00 dollars a game. The distance to Schlitterbahn really wasnt that bad. It was probably four blocks and my husband who has problems with his knees was able to make the walk with no problem and it was like 102 outside. It was great to beable to go back to a nice air conditioned room and have a nice lunch then return to the water park. Honestly it was easier to walk then to try and find parking. You would end up walking just as far. Maybe the Motel could offer shuttle service for a small fee or as part of the room for those who can not make the walk. Im sure that would impress some visitors.
Ok now what I found to be the negatives that can be corrected:
As you were walking up the concrete stairs to the office some of them are breaking. I am sure this is probably a left over from IKE but it is a hazard that needs a fix. If nothing else everyone should go up the wheelchair ramp. ^5 to the Inn at the Waterpark for having that ramp and making it ADA but I would consider putting a small ramp for the threshold of the office or any ADA rooms as I know both had a lip up that you would have difficulties make over in a wheel chair with out assistance. I am not in a wheelchair but clumsy and kicked it. LoL! Ok my second dislike. I really did not like how the Free continental breakfast bar flowed and neither did other visitors as we were all jammed into the one small spot. There is a L shaped bar but once you get to the coffee/ juice everyone is crammed in that small part of the L spot. And WHO wants to be crammed in a small spot with people waiting for that first cup a coffee because they didnt want to make it in their room?!?! A easy fix they could consider. An additional coffee cart on the opposite side of the room away fom the bar, And add an additional Toaster or two because that was a excessive wait on the Toaster. Third complaint. Sunday morning before we planned to check out I was going to take my sons swimming only to find the grounds keeper had just put the chemicals in the pool and it wouldnt be open until 1pm. Check out was 11 am, so I had a dissappointed little boy. Suggestion to fix this. Put the chemicals in the night before so by 9 am the pool is open and people are able to take a swim before their long ride home.
So all in all my complaints are easy fixes and not one of them effected our mini vacation except the disappointment of my youngest son I promised could swim before we left. I would love to stay here again and suggest to anyone with children to visit the Inn at the Waterpark. All the staff was welcoming and very helpful with all our needs!
Explaination of the rating bubbles. 1 less on service because of the pool. 1 less on location because the property is not on the seawall but I knew this so maybe should be a 5. Value a 4 because even though I received a pretty good deal I would love to see the specials a little better then what I received.
Oh another plus I didn't mention is the resturant/cafe on the property. We did not get the chance to visit but I am sure the food would have been wonderful.
Thank you Inn at the Waterpark for the great stay!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We stayed at the Inn for the Lone Star Triathlon. We stayed in the new building, and it was extremely convenient. The staff was nice, and they started breakfast at 4:30 for each day of the two day event, so that we could have yogurt, cereal, and coffee before the race. They were great about giving us extra towels, extra coffee and an extended checkout at no charge. The location was perfect for getting in and out of Moody Gardens without a car. The new building with the unenclosed parking under the building made it easy to get in and out with our bikes and bike cases. I would definitely stay here for this race again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Inn at the Waterpark? Share your experiences!