“Great for families visiting the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Waterpark

Save Saved
You added Inn at the Waterpark to your Saves list
Inn at the Waterpark
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 Jones Drive, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554 (Formerly Brentwood Inn and Suites)   |
Special Price
Book Early Save up to 25%
Ranked #27 of 49 hotels in Galveston
“Great for families visiting the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything in centered around families. The staff is gracious and understanding of KIDS. The furniture and fixtures are not high end, but more untilitarioan for a place visited by excited kids who are wet from the beach and water park. We booked 12 rooms for our team and everything went smoothly with that.

• Stayed July 2013

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here for our family vacation and it was awful to say the least! the wi-fi does not conncet and none of us could get online and yes I know some are thinking your on vacation but it would have been nice to be able to check our checking accounts! one of the evevators was constanly out of order, when we got back to our room from a day at we had returned to find out that house keeping had left our door open and the hotel was not sorry about it what so ever, add the kids that were running up and down the hall way chucking ice at each other at 11pm, it just made for a bad exprince all together! we ended up checking out a day early to come back home so losing a day, when the hotel staff asked if we enjoyed our stay and we said not really they had no comment and just looked at us! we will not be going back!

Katy, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My opinion about the Inn at the Waterpark is that the pictures do not represent what it really looks like now. A little run down and part of the Put-Put was down. The rooms were ok but the carpet was stained and the bathrooms were not very nice. No mattress cover. And as far as breakfast goes, there wasn't what I call a breakfast. Cold cereal, yogurt, pancakes. I got this room with the idea that there would be a real breakfast like eggs, bacon, toast. etc. No fitness center. It was not worth the price. We give it 2 star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed 4 days during spring break we were impressed with the hotel because the price was great we were expecting it to be run down but it was great. It is withon walking distance to schlitterbahn and the flight museum. We did tons of stuff in Galveston there is so much history about the island we didn't realize

• Stayed March 2013
Plano, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for three nights (Thurs. - Sun.) for a family vacation. Hotel room was ok. Very old, outdated - but with a new fresh coat of paint. Bathroom light came on 'some of the time', the bathtub was disgusting (we went and bought a bathmat), and the bathtub did not drain well and you ended up showering in a foot of water. The mattresses were covered in plastic so the sheets did not stay on. A/C worked wonderfully. The kids loved the putt putt. I wouldn't go back but we did survive three nights. It is not in a desirable part of town but just blocks from the beach. I would rate this a 1 star, not 2 star.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We arrived on at Saturday afternoon. It wasnt too busy. There was another couple checking in when I walked in. There was oneguy helping them. Three other employees standing behind the counter. I assume it was shift change & that was the reason for two of them to just be standing there & another counting the drawer. But still no reason for no one to greet me & just give a quick Ill be right with you. I prepaid for my room on hotels.com so upon check in when they asked for my card I made sure it was just for the 50.00 incidental deposit hold for the room. He assured me yes 50.00 & you will be refunded upon check out. Great! The staff was great except for the long haired girl that rides the bike. She was very very rude. I was aggrevated & my first impression of this hotel was not a good one. We arrived to our room & from the outside I was scared to oped the door but when we did it was great! The rooms were HUGE. They have an sitting area with a table, ice box & microwave. The fridge is broke in 230 by the way. We came early to enjoy the pool. Upon leaving our room I called down to the front desk. Long haired girl picked up. I asked if there were towels by the pool or do we need to bring the ones from our room. she asks. You need towels brought to your room??Isaid no i was just wondering.... i was cut of by.... You have dirty towels you need picked up in your room? I said no.... are there towels by the pool? she said you need housekeeping to bring towels? lol OMG. I said can you even hear what im saying i was very confused if she was even talking to me or involved in the same conversation. She said HOLD! After holding for about 5 mins she came back on the line and said..... NOW what is it that you need from me?!? I said are there towels by the pool? She replies... I dont know! OK lol Ill go get some from front desk. Anyway..... The pool was great! Very nice size plenty of chairs to hang out. I would suggest a few tables with umbrellas to block the sun for the families with small kids. They just opened a restaurant that has a eating deck next to the pool. We got some great chili fries for a snack! It took a while but the manager was apologetic & explained they just opened. We were gonna have dinner there but it closed 30 mins early. No big deal! The beds very comfy, great water pressure, very quiet area, next to schlitterbaun! The next day called my bank & had a hold for 169.00. OUCH! I pre-paid so whyyy!! It was a mistake on the hotels part. The manager on duty went beyond m expectations to help me. They called my bank & tried to fax over the info to get the funds relased back into my account but it was Sun so no luck. The manager even asked if my family had what we needed as far as funds to finish our trip & get home stating if not we could work something out! That was an amazing guesture!!! I assured him we were fine. Its the next day I still havent recieved the funds back but its probably a problem on my banks end! I cant wait to come back to this hotel!!!! I will prob just book through the hotel instead of hotels.com. Ive always been scared to use hotels.com in fear of being charged double when i get to the hotel. I took the chance & wont again. Almost 200.00 is alot to have to wait three days to get back. Thanks to the manager on duty Sunday morning 7/14/2013 & the very polite nice looking younger gentleman that helped me. I wasnt happy & their kindness disfused my disspointment. Thank You

Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We will be back! My 2 grown daughters and my 4 yr. old son enjoyed staying here with my husband. The breakfast left a lot to be desired. Don't eat here if your starving or want to fill up. The lines were long and we couldn't get to the food. The pool was great! and so was the putt putt golf.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn at the Waterpark? Share your experiences!