“Great site ( you eat or fish on the water ). Food is terrible. Worst gumbo I ever had in my life. French fries were awful.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jimmy's on the Pier

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

You pay for the view but the food is not good at all. You eat on a pier on a double deck. You have the feeling you are on a boat deck. This is very nice. You enjoy the view, breath the nice ocean air ( if someone is not smoking next to you, which happened to us !!!!! ), service is slow so you have even more time to enjoy the view and watch people fishing on the lower deck. But when food arrives , you are disappointed !!!! My gumbo was awful, my daughter's clam shower soup was worst, my wife's fries were ugly and not good. Well, you pay for the site and the view but do not expect good food. Waitress was nice and helpful. If you eat at restaurant you can then take a walk on the pier visiting people fishing people for FREE !!!! Otherwise you need to pay . One more thing , if you pay $10 for fishing , then you can get 10% discount on the restaurant above.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kilgore, Texas
“Missing the Shrimp Already”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Although they were a little under staffed they did all the could to get to us as quickly as possible. The wait was definitely worth it! Everyone loved the food, and I especially loved the fried shrimp.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Maybe next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I ordered the grilled snapper. For $18, I expected at least a decent piece of fish. It was inedible. I took one bite and gave it back, and decided to eat somewhere else. The bartender, (I ate at the bar), was very nice once this happened, and took care of it. She was not so attentive prior to that. Not sure I'd order food there again, but would return for a drink, perhaps.

Visited December 2012
Jackson
“Get cocktails and call it a day!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I live in Galveston and have been here twice. First time with immediate family and second time I took out of town guests who were in town before their cruise.

The first visit they were woefully understaffed. As a result we waited nearly an hour for a table. Then the food was very snack bar-esque. Disappointing. The staff didn't seem especially concerned--management or wait staff. Also disappointing. But we really wanted to like it and to support a new local business.

So when the guests arrived I suggested Jimmy's. We needed wheelchair accommodations and since federal law requires such accommodations, I felt no need to call ahead. When we arrived we were told the standard accommodations were normally downstairs but because they were having a job fair that day there were NO accommodations available. Who does that?

But the views are stellar. If you're not wheelchair bound and can get to the top level to see them.

Go for a drink or to fish and go elsewhere for food and service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tiki Island, Texas
“Nice view- bad service, blah food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We walked in yesterday and hostess seated us- several open tables and three servers plus a bartender and hostess working. We started looking at the menu- two more tables were seated after us- both of them had drinks before ANYONE realized we were waiting- isn't that why you have a hostess? Then we ordered an appetizer and she took our food order- they all came out together- that is the servers fault and she blamed it on the kitchen- sorry they made them all together- well if you turn them all in of course they did! Wings were good but $8.50/5 makes them pricey! Burger was fair. Grilled Redfish for $17.99 was blah, steamed veggies were YUCK frozen junk! Tots were fried beyond fried- they tasted awful! Service needs a serious shake up! I might go back when it's warm to have drinks outside over the water- but skip the food and service!!

• Visited February 2013