“Budget Friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Galveston

You added Travelodge Galveston to your Saves list
Travelodge Galveston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3924 Avenue U, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #42 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
GLEN ROSE
“Budget Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great budget friendly hotel. Only 1 block from the seawall and close to many attractions and restaurants. The hotel appeared to be in need of some upgrades, but overall was clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
GRAND PRAIRIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went on a short trip to the beach as a birthday present for my daughter. I found and inexpensive hotel near the beach in which to stay. It was close to good food and only one street over from the seawall. The cleaning staff does seem to have trouble getting all of the sand out of the rooms but being near the beach I understand that. The mattress were uncomfortable and hard but that is what I expected for a hotel in this price range. The WiFi worked great until the last day when it kept going out on me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

MARTIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

the room was clean and the soap was nice it was not that chep stuff and the hotel was right by evey thing you would need for a night out on the town and they had a elevator to that was nice for getting up to are room on the 3rd floor but it was a littile slow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

kay g, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Galveston, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
thank you for staying with us .
Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE, Bed BUGSSSS!!! Run ...run as fast as u can. It was like walking on set to a horror film. I should have known with gut instinct. I walk into the room right away got that no thank you vibe. Room smelled horrific. Floors were intentionally mopped with toilet water a lil urnine in it. I went online saw all the bed bug reviews and immediately was on the hunt. Found them right away an entire village of them. Ran to front desk to notify, much to my innocent disbelief the clerk was not surprised! Please take heed to the message I tell you for your safety. find somewhere sanitary and comfy. Happy findings friends

• Stayed August 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Picked hotel because our small dog could stay there. First key didn't work so the man at the desk gave us another room, no "sorry for the incovence", just handed us a new key. This desk clerk should not be allowed to have any contact with the guests!. No remote for TV. Room was clean and breakfast was OK. very noisy but it was Galveston on a weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nevada, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We reserved a room with 2 king size beds. We unpacked and noticed our ac was leaking, toliet wouldnt flush and the room was over run with roaches!! I went to front desk and was just stared at. He almost seemed confused by what the problem was?? Didn't immedialy have a solution. After informing staff that we wouldnt be staying in a room with BUGS we were offered a smaller room :( so what other option did we have. At 11pm we were repacking and moving rooms. NO APPOLOGY at ANY time was given. Not even at check out?? Also the staff was still trying to charge us for the king beds at check out even though we didn't stay in the roast infested room with non flushable toliet and leaking ac... We've stayed 2 other times at this hotel and after the lack of customer service we wont be back. :(

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my sister took our families to the beach and waterpark for vaca and the location was GREAT!! But the service sucked we stayed 2 nights and I had never been scared to fall asleep tell then, there were roaches and other bugs that were crawling around they never changed our sheets either because my son dropped some juice on the sheet and when we returned from a long day @ the beach and waterpark I pulled the spread back and there it was a red stain. On my way out the door to go check out I saw a dead roach that looked like it had been there for months

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Travelodge Galveston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Galveston

Address: 3924 Avenue U, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Econo Lodge)
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#21 On the Beach Hotel in Galveston
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Galveston 2*
Pets allowed for a fee charged per day ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Galveston Hotel Galveston
Econo Lodge Galveston
Galveston Econo Lodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Galveston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.