“Not worth the money ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Galveston

You added Motel 6 Galveston to your Saves list
Motel 6 Galveston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7404 Avenue J, I-45 at 61st Street/71st Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Ranked #42 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Galveston Island, Texas
“Not worth the money ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Rooms are way too small for the price, like renting a closet. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. I would rather spend a little more for a fair size room. Definitely no view and you can hear the trucks on the highway. No amenities in the rooms.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The board of health should condem this place. wall to wall roaches. was moved to another room and more roaches.slept with toilet paper in my ears and covered my head.ended up sleeping in my car. never again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wagoner, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Only needed (1) nt in Galveston, TX so for obvious price reasons, I booked the Motel 6. Parking lot was completely full, so many others were probably here for the same reason. Website said "the all new" so thought we could live with what we saw in the pics. We had room 134.The one mattress bed that it shows is exactly what it looks like. Feels like a box spring. Neither my husband nor I was able to sleep, and after a couple of hours, had to get up, because our backs were hurting so bad. The floor covering was like walking on concrete. Not sure what it was. Not wood or carpet? Was definitely dirty! The shower stall was cracked and peeling. I wore flip flops in the shower. This was not a good experience for us. We were not expecting a lot, but will never stay at a Motel 6 again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to do a last minute weekend trip to Galveston and stay at this Motel 6 since we got a free night stay courtesy of Guest Relations from a previous bad experience at a different Motel 6. Needless to say, we won't "try" another Motel 6, we are done. First, the modern room is really makeup on a very old motel, which is fine, they tried. However, it doesn't look like they put any money into the utilities such as new air conditioners. Second, the walls in room 261 had splattered mosquitos spread acrossed it, and now a couple more from us. These things were huge, it's a good thing they haven't carried away any small children yet. My guess is they are breading in all the standing water outside the rooms from the leaking air conditioners. Third, one of our beds was full of someone elses long and short black hairs. I get it, sometimes hair falls out when making a bed, but 1-2, not 10-15 hairs over the pillows and sheets. Fourth, when we tried to get the bed redone, it took us about 30 minutes to find someone. No one would answer the desk phone and no one was in the lobby (which was locked since it was after dark). Then once I spoke to someone, I was told to give it 15 minutes and come down to the lobby and pick up the new sheets....really? I'm assuming there was a communication issue, however when my wife went to the lobby 15 minutes later, she was met with attitude. Finally after about an hour from start to finish, the bed was re-made by an employee and we could get to sleep. Yes this was a holiday weekend and they were packed, yes the stay was free for us, but NO we won't ever come back to this Motel 6 or any other Motel 6 for that. Cheap doesn't have to equal dirty and rude!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The floors were filthy and my friends feet were black from walking barefoot. The beds felt like bricks and were like 2 inches thick. The shower was so dirty looking I got in with my swim shoes on so I wouldn't catch anything. The a/c was noisy and it was very humid in the room. The room was so small it felt like a box. The front desk lady talks to you through the glass like its a jail. Very scary for two single woman arriving after 10pm. Would pay the extra next time to stay somewhere else for sure.

• Stayed March 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Galveston, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Ch2dice - We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness and bed comfort issues in your room, as well as the unwelcoming environment you found upon your arrival. We encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
okc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was going on a cruise that left on monday and I wouldn't arrive on sunday til after 6 so I only needed a bed and price wise this was the best deal. I stayed here in 2011 when it was renovated and thought it was pretty nice for a cheap hotel. I read the reviews and was worried. I got a room on the lower level and I did hear the people walk across the floor above once but nothing major. The room was nice and clean. Pool was nice and clean. Not to say you can't get a bad room but mine was nothing like the reviews. I did see a dog at the window in another room so if there is a barking dog not much you can do but we were in room 111 on a corner and had no issues. The shower is like being on a cruise so if you want a big shower or tub don't stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 111 by the pool but on a corner so you only have neighbors above and beside. They...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ennis tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

sounded like i had a wild elephant in heat above our room, dogs in the room next to us were scratching the wall, someones tv was left on past midnight with the volume all the way up so i told the desk clerk about it and she decided to call my room knowing i had a sleeping baby in it, i finally had enough around 1:00 am and checked out couldnt believe i actually got my money back i wasnt even going to ask for a refund i just wanted to be out of the place. so i canceled all plans in galveston and drove back home that night, it took 4 hours to get home but beats staying in that dump.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Galveston, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Mike S - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the disturbances you encountered during your short stay, and the inconvenience these caused you; these issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Been to Motel 6 Galveston? Share your experiences!