“Stayed here the night before a cruise. Room was average...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Galveston

You added Super 8 Galveston to your Saves list
Super 8 Galveston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 1/2 B 61st Street, 61st Street & Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551-2002   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Galveston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Friendswood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

we were there for Mardi Gras weekend and made our reservations in advance 195.00 for one night.. price gouging? I did not use my debit card all weekend, only cash. So I was asked to show my card to the front desk lady upon check in and that was the only time I brought out my card for the entire weekend. I received a call when going home Sunday from my bank that my card # was used in a possible fraud by ordering products online. Luckily my bank was on the ball and cancelled my card before I was cleaned out and I was reimbursed money that was used in fraud. I hate to think it was the desk clerk!! The hotel itself was great but I think they need to check into who works for them.. SHADY!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have a food catering business that travels all over the country and I have a freezer that needs to be plugged in.
I always stay in super 8's and they are always ok with me plugging in my freezer but this place charged me $40 which was bad but I wad ok with it.

The real problem is that when I plugged in my freezer they came to my room and told new that I was being kicked out because I was not authorized to use power even though I paid an extra $40. Then when I asked to talk to the manager she refused to talk to me and said they would call the cops if we weren't gone in 15 mins. Then when we were loading up they changed the key and wouldn't let us get everything the rest of my stuff out. THAT IS THEFT!

I've been to 100's of hotels and none of them treated me this bad. Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed February 2014
ash g, General Manager at Super 8 Galveston, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope to get another chance to better serve you in the future. But thank you for all the comments and helpful tips you have provided. Here at the Super 8 we strive for excellence, and treat our guests with the highest standard of service. Thank you again for making Super 8 your home away from home, we hope to see you in the future.
Ash g.
Temple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the most convenient, clean and well staffed hotel for the money. We were allowed to leave our vehicle there while we cruised for 7 days. Staff were friendly, great breakfast. we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

ash g, General Manager at Super 8 Galveston, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for all your wonderful comments. We hope to see you again !
Ash g.
La Vernia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room was spacious, clean, and warm. The breakfast was a little disappointing, with no protein (eg: pnut butter or cream cheese) available, but otherwise good. Even though I left my towels hanging on the rack, as the card said to, they were still replaced with new ones, defeating the "green" claim. Lighting in the room was poor, and the one extra lamp threw sparks and smoked when I plugged it in!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

ash g, General Manager at Super 8 Galveston, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for all the wonderful comments and helpful tips you have provided. Here at the Super 8 we strive for excellence, and treat our guests with the highest standard of service. Thank you agian for making Super 8 your home away from home, we hope to see you in the future.
ash g.
GM

Been to Super 8 Galveston? Share your experiences!