“Room was clean, Beds were comfortable. The only problems...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Galveston

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Galveston to your Saves list
Super 8 Galveston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 1/2 B 61st Street, 61st Street & Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551-2002   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
College Station
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First off, the initial enterance was greeted with a nice front desk clerk. Check in was very simple and quick. Now for all you who expect a fancy hotel; this may not be the place for you. The rooms are well planned out. Fresh Paint, clean. Not the best perfections, but its a nice, cool temp roomed. I had no complaints. Possibly, because I was use to the enviroment and the type of hotel doesnt bother me. A few things about the room that could be fixed was just the tub drainage, it was clogged, but it was no pain for me. And even though there was fresh paint and small updates, it looked like they rushed on the updates a little, but it didnt bother me. The front desk night clerk, "Rubie" was extremely nice! She had fresh coffee, condiments and even made sure we were comfortable in the lobby. This hotel may not be 5 star, in apperance, but I had no problem with the desk clerks or neighbors. Customer Service matters more to me than apperance. They were always polite and met our needs - extra towels, pillows. A 2 star hotel is good enough when its a block from SeaWall, on budget and RIGHT next to the waffle house. We planned a 4 day trip and were extremely busy all 4 days, so really the room didnt bother us. Just needed a place to shower and sleep. I would say if your not picky,then this would be a good place to stay. Thanks Rubie!

Room Tip: Near by are plenty family activities. Horse back riding (s-n-g horseback riding), air boat rides, go...
Arlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a decent, inexpensive place for my son and I to stay for a short, budget-conscious beach trip.
This is a 2 star rated property, and one must remember not to expect 5 star accommodations at a 2 star place.
It was clean, and looked like the room and bathroom had been remodeled. The continental breakfast was nice. Remember, continental breakfast means no meat, so don't complain that there are no eggs or sausage!! There was coffee, juice, cereal, oatmeal, Eggo waffles to toast, bread to toast, mini cinnamon waffles and yogurt.
There was no beach view, and no balcony, which made getting the towels dry impossible. I ended up hanging them on outside rail, hoping a passerby would not take them. The dumpster was right outside our room, and it was full. For a whole day, there were bags of trash at the bottom of the stairs to our room. The dumpster door was not closed, and the area was overfilled with trash bags. So the room was clean, but the outside was trashy.
It was mostly quiet, except for when the dumpster truck came one morning at 5:40 am! :(
The pool is microscopic, but we came for the beach, not the pool!
The beds were comfortable. Bring extra pillows if you like more than the two per bed.
The location was good. Can definitely walk to the beach, though we took are car to the Seawall.
I would recommend this place for someone not looking for extras, watching the budget, and just needing a comfortable place to rest their heads at night.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Port Arthur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is not a 2-star hotel as advertised. Should be listed as 1/2-1 star. The pictures you see online must have been taken 20 years ago. It was seedy, unclean and less than desirable. The first room reeked of smoke and the second had a musty, weird smell. Both had beatup doors, paint peeling from walls and ceiling, unwashed and old comforters, beatup furniture and headboards, and nasty bathrooms. It was just a mess. Looked like some hotel where people rent by the hour. I had 3 teenage girls with me and would have slept in my car before I let them stay there for 1 evening. Ended up leaving after seeing second room. I was so horrified with the conditions that I forgot to take pictures of what it really looks like. Just please beware if booking this hotel!

Mesquite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very happy with my stay at Super 8, room was very clean, beds were super comfy. I was very impressed with the free breakfast. Front desk staff very friendly. I would definitely stay again. Thanks again, Irene

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Galveston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Galveston

Address: 2825 1/2 B 61st Street, 61st Street & Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551-2002
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Galveston 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Super 8 Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Galveston Hotel Galveston
Super Eight Galveston
Galveston Super 8
Galveston Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Galveston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.