“Galveston trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Galveston

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Galveston to your Saves list
Super 8 Galveston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 1/2 B 61st Street, 61st Street & Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551-2002   |
Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Galveston

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in Galveston Super 8 and was impressed with the quality of the accommodation but very disappointed with the customer service and the ability to sleep. I am a professional triathlete and was in town for the Ironman Texas 70.3. As the race was about 5 horus in duration I requested a late check out and was told that the latest would be 1 or 2 pm. I was satisfied with this answer but on the morning of the race when we returned, we were constantly hassled to get out even being told at one point that we had 20 minutes to leave (it was only 12:45 when we checked out).
In addition, the night before the race I got only 2 hours sleep because the person occupying the room above mine was partying until 3AM. After being woken up several times I finally called the night clerk and asked him to take care of it. He made an effort but the problem was not taken care of. We finally had to go over to the front desk and demand that they stop the noise or we would not be paying for the room.
Overall, I am not satisfied with my stay and will not likely stay or recommend that location in the future. They need to work on customer service and policies for noise, even if it means they make an unruly guest vacate in the middle of the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Pasadena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Over all the stay was nice. Wish check in time could be a little sooner though. Like the fact so many eating places are right around the corner. Could have had a television guide of some sort so we knew what channels were what. Would like to stay again, maybe with a disounted price. If I could get a discounted price, I would definately go at least once a month

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family (4 chidlren & 2 adults) and I stayed here for our Spring Break!
CONS: The price is just too out of line, no iron, iron board, trash bags and the carpet is just completely FILTHY and STICKY. DO NOT DARE to walk barefooted in the room or you will end up with your feets pitch black. Continental breakfast is the worst, they need to definetly make some changes: add ons (Thank God there is a Waffle House in the same parking lot).
Pros: Great location (but no ocean view) walking distance from the seawall, beds are comfortable, nice room deco, friendly staff and great service as our frig was not working when we arrived and it was replaced in less than 10 minutes from reporting it to the front desk!

Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The air conditioning was putting out an order and it was making my grandson nose run as well as mine. I went to the desk and the attended came to the room to check it out. So he turned it off and bought us a fan it helped a lot. The next morning I went too see if they had a room for me to move too. I was amazed at the room. It had hard wood floors, and immediately I could feel the difference with my breathing which made our stay more enjoyable. We have stayed in the same motel for the past 8 years and it get better every year.

Gannie

Room Tip: On the front if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Galveston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Galveston

Address: 2825 1/2 B 61st Street, 61st Street & Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551-2002
Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Galveston 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Galveston Hotel Galveston
Super Eight Galveston
Galveston Super 8
Galveston Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Galveston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.