“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Stewart Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, United States
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was only here for one day but the hotel was very clean and in a good location. It's close to the pier, moody gardens and several other attractions. Our room was really nice and clean and had all the amenities we needed, the TV was blurry though if you are into that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 409-766-7070.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our stay was neither great nor bad. It was an okay experience.

GOOD: The hotel is located on the Seawall Blvd which is a plus however it is on the part of the street that has quite some land between the hotel and the ocean (I stayed in a suite so my view was not as great as the regular rooms that face the ocean). The price is good. The breakfast was definitely a plus however I stayed away from the eggs. The Jacuzzi in our room was great, except I wish it had some walls around it and not exposed to the room. I liked the computer-access and the free printing. I also enjoyed the free wi-fi.

NOT-SO-GOOD: The staff (5 out of 7 that I interacted with) was not friendly as I am used to at other hotels I have stayed. At one point a male staff member called a female staff member a B..... They don't seem happy. Except for the incredibly nice lady (helps prepare the morning breakfast.) and what seems to be the supervisor of the cleaning crew (has some gray hair). The cleaning crew was also unfriendly and looked angry at times. We did not have the view I expected. Very thin walls, fortunately we did not hear anything we did not want to hear, we can tolerate kids crying as we are parents. The sofa bed in our room was like a giant marshmallow that you sink into deep. Not comfortable but we just put a few pillows on them. As we were looking for something we dropped, we noticed that the area behind the night stand and a few other areas were dusty. The windows needed a good cleaning as well.

WILL I RETURN?: Probably, I can ignore the mediocre customer service for location, breakfast, and size of suite. I will however most likely try a few other hotels first.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time to ask for an ocean-view. They will say they cannot guarantee it so I would state...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This stay was for my anniversary and the price seems high for the date but we made the reservation because we always like to spend our anniversary by the beach. The room was ok. The breakfast was ok but I was expecting something better. Dinning area was small but clean and organized (indoor and outdoor). Small pool bit nice atmosphere. The staff average.no super happy with my stay on this hotel and I have stayed in many 3 stars at Galveston . The sheet were not soft . I felt very uncomfortable because my skin is very sensitive and it seems to me the use to much chlorine on them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 409-766-7070.

Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a nice hotel and was very clean and quite. Nice staff, room was well cleaned . Stayed 2 days. Free breakfast was in a small corner of lobby. Food was maybe average...eggs were terrible ( probably powered). waffles, cereal, milk, juice, yogurt were all alright. This hotel is on the end of the seawall. Again the room was very clean and well kept. We did not use the pool.

Room Tip: They also free parking, if this helps. Close to the Galvestorian and cruise port. they did tell us t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, November 9, 2013

Crowley, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great accommodations, great price! I would definitely stay here again. The room was very nice with two queen beds. Breakfast was great, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. There is a beautiful eating area indoor and outdoor. The employees were very helpful with information about restaurants and entertainment at Galveston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2013

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here as two couples for a week from 18-25th October. We had been travelling across America for two weeks and chose to stay by the beach in Galveston for a week to relax.
We're glad we did. The hotel and the staff were great, the pool is small but nice in a nice pool area. The room was large and clean. The only reason I didn't give an excellent review is that the breakfast was a bit repetitive. I'd change what I think were freeze dried eggs.
The price was really great though especially for a hotel on the beach front.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Gonzales, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had to stay for a medical appointment at UTMB. It is only 1/2 mile from there so the drive was easy. Check in was speedy, room was VERY clean, sheets smelled great! The entire premises including the parking lot were very well kept. Only complaint were that the scrambled eggs were rubbery, but otherwise extremely good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach? Share your experiences!