“Great View of Gulf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Stewart Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Galveston, Texas
“Great View of Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Quiet location with a great view of the Gulf. You can walk across the street and down the seawall for beautiful views of the beach and gulf. It is pretty much out of the tourist high traffic area so you have the location to yourself. The motel is clean and excellent value for the money. This is the perfect place to stay while on a visit to the island.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 409-766-7070.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying, my family and I stay in hotels at least 20 times a year and this is the first time I've ever had to request a room change. I'm not picky, but when there is black fungus growing in the tub, yellow stains on the comforter (strategically hidden by a decorative cloth) and old food left on the bathroom counter, not even I can ignore it. I had already unpacked and set up the pack n play when I went to give my 9 mo old a bath and noticed a black ring around the bath mat as well as hair all over the tub. I lifted the mat and almost threw up when I saw what was underneath. I immediately called the front desk and a lady came up and wrote down all the stuff that was wrong with the room. She said she hoped she could get me another room but wasn't sure. When she was able to move us, she acted like she had done us a huge favor. Pardon me, but I don't think making me repack and move my family at 10:00 at night just because housekeeping can't do their job is really something to be excited about. The lady said she would let management know. Let me just say that about a year ago, my husband and I stayed at a La Qunita in Tulsa and when we told them there was a funky smell coming out of the vents in our room (just meaning they should look into it-- it wasn't 1/2 as bad as this room) they comped us our nights stay just like that. Now, I wasn't expecting this hotel to comp our stay but I did think they would at least apologize for the filth and the inconvenience. Upon check out though, my husband asked if the manager had been informed of the condition of our room, and the girl said "oh, ya, I got a note that y'all weren't too thrilled with your room last night." That's it! That's all she said. There was no apology or promise to address the conditions. She charged us full price without blinking an eye and never even pretended to care about the issues. Needles to say, we will not return and we are probably done with Best Western as a whole. Even if we hadn't encountered these issues, the pool was dirty and cold, the breakfast was very blah, and the hotel was not in a close vicinity to the beach like the site makes it appear. Do not stay here. There are several other hotels down the block that are much nicer and cost the same or less. I wish I had known about those .

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 409-766-7070.

Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Was a great place for the Burch Cousin Reunion. We had use of the conference room for our gathering to talk, play dominos, and eat eat eat. It was very clean, nice breakfast of eggs, sausage, cereal, fresh fruit. Coffee all day long. We had a catered dinner the last night there and the motel management allowed us to set up in the breakfast area. It was on the quiet end of the beach, but still not far from the restaurants. Place to print boarding pass made it very nice too. Everything was well cared for, including the pool and patio.

Room Tip: Rooms with the even #'s on second floor face the gulf area. Beautiful sunrises.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Princeton, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have stayed here twice and enjoyed our visit both times. Our daughter attends college in Galveston and we make frequent trips to the area. Of all the hotels we have stayed at, Best Western has been the best. It is clean and well cared for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

West Plam Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Clean room. Friendly staff. Decent area of Galveston, but a little far from the center of town. I got a good deal by staying 3 nights. No issues except the loud family slamming their door in the morning....over and over again. But the pool was nice, I was able to print my boarding pass at their computer area, and it's right across the street from the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for ourselves and several couples. It isn't exactly on the beach but it is within view and walking distance. I wasn't sure of the location but we all were pleasantly surprised. Actually it was very nice because there is literally no traffic on that end of the island. A CVS/ Walgreens is close if needed. A Chili's is close as well as McDonalds.
We checked in early and were accommodated immediately and with a smile. The staff are beyond friendly and very courteous. The hotel has a very attractive exterior upon arrival. Lobby and dining area were exceptionally clean as well as the rooms. Rooms were larger and more comfortable than expected. Bathrooms were very clean and offered brand name soap, shampoo and conditioner and other toiletries.Towels were not very soft but we have had worse at other brands(Holiday Inn). The breakfast is good and there was a nice selection of fruit, yogurt, eggs, waffles, and bacon/sausage. Also juice, tea and coffee. The coffee ran out several times but they quickly refilled with fresh brewed.
I will say that the parking lot is small and fills up in the late evenings-as expected. But this did not affect our experience in the least.
I could go on about our experience but then no one would want to read all of it.
Overall, our expectations were exceeded. The location, cleanliness and the staff are all superior in our opinion. We can not say enough good things about this hotel. I myself and I believe everyone in our group would stay here again without hesitation. In fact, we have rebooked reservations for another stay.
Great job Best Western and the staff! Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed November 2012
Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

We try to do our best, and we do look Forward to seeing you again!

BJ
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Can't say enough good things about helpful staff (Renee.) The hotel was clean, good location with easy acess to the things we wanted to visit. Breakfast was average but sufficient. Would definitely stay there again on future trips to Galveston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bijal M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach, responded to this review, October 13, 2013

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach? Share your experiences!