“Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Galveston

You added Knights Inn Galveston to your Saves list
Knights Inn Galveston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3008 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #41 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
mississippi
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a great location! View of the ocean from our room. The night manager was very nice and the breakfast was also a nice touch. The room was very clean but the bed had no fitted sheet only a tucked in flat sheet...odd.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It looks pretty ghetto from the outside, but room was pretty clean beds comfy! :) my husba and 3 kids stayed and the fridge and microwave came in handy!!
Bad thing coke machine didn't Work!:/ kinda pricey but what do you expect you're on the beach!! Had a view from my Window!!:)
This is an alright place to stay on a budget!:)

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's hard to rate this hotel higher than average, because in comparison to other hotels in Galveston, it is really a 1 or 2 star. However, 1 thing remains, it has a great location. My friends and I stayed here and our main destination was the new Pleasure Pier. We were able to walk back and forth from the hotel without having to worry about parking. It definitely saved us some time and money. They have finished renovating the outside pillars and the hotel has a new paint job. It looks better than it has in several years. Enjoy!

Things for the hotel to improve on: The manager is a little rude. He collected our keys from us at 10:53 from outside our rooms. Pretty ridiculous. It would have definitely been a better experience to have more smiles and a happier staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TULSA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location is great ,right across the street from the beach!!! From the outside you would think "Did I really pay over $100.00 a night to stay here?" but location, location. Staff was nice, room was clean. Could sure use an updating. We had no bad experiences. We had just drove straight through all night from Tulsa, Oklahoma so we had no problem crashing out that night. The beds were comfortable and clean. Its just the outside that scared us to death. Outside looks are not everything. I guess if I had been hit with as many hurricanes as this place has, I would not be to pretty on the outside either. We are now Wyndam Time Share owners so we cant knock what we now are part owners of.All and all it was a decent stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Summary:
Is this the nicest hotel in Galveston? No, of course not and the price reflects that. However, it is located directly across from the seawall and now is down the street from Galveston's new Pleasure Pier. There is something very valuable in being able to wake up, open the curtains, and see the ocean front. That is why I am giving this hotel a 3 of 5. If it is amenities you are looking for and lavish rooms, then I would rate this a 1 of 5. But not everybody is looking for that, some people want a cheap hotel in the middle of it all and this hotel definitely meets that criteria.

My Experience:
The front clerk was very nice and courteous. He was calling me sir even though I was more than half his age. I booked a single King, and it was up at the front of the hotel giving me an ocean front room (It seemed as if over half the rooms had an ocean front view). The room was very basic. The tile in the bathroom had been updated and the tv was a 32" flat screen. The bed did not seem comfortable at first but I had a great night sleep. If you do not like stiff beds, then you probably need to look for another hotel. The AC was off when we got in the room, so it was a little muggy. However, we turned it on and it was colder than we could handle in a matter of minutes. Check out time was 11 and when we asked, the clerk gave a us a 30-minutes late check out. All-in-all it was a great get away hotel. The King room (ocean front) costs about $39 during the week and about $69 on the weekends. Hope you enjoy!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room that has a ocean view! It really "ups" the value of the hote...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
North Dakota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed there this week. The staff was nice. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. It is not an upscale hotel so one should not expect it to be plush. I loved being across the street from the beach. I felt safe and comfortable. The microwave and Fridge looked new as well as the 32" flat screen TV. I just needed a place to sleep and a few hours at the beach. Why pay extra for things I won't use. My only complaint was the towels were scratch and stiff and the tub was stained. Overall, I will stay there again, most likely real soon.

Room Tip: Inside rooms without a view are quiter than the ones with the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When i stayed here i saw a hotel from the outside looking not so bad. Untill i got in my room . It was not so clean bugs were on the tv stand. The bathroom , etc . I used my wyndham rewards to stay for two nights. I have told the owner about the bugs he said on the first day i will take care of it. So by that evening i seen more of them . So called him back. And he came with a severe attitude explaining to me it had been taken care of . And he said as if i was making this up. If i see anything take a picture of it. So did and got my evidence this time. Not trying to be rude or anything because of what galveston went thru the hurican . I thought i was being nice guy ny putting up with this. The owner was very rude about this situation.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Knights Inn Galveston? Share your experiences!