“GIRL FRIEND TRIP-NIGHT BEFORE CRUISING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn Galveston Beach

Save Saved
You added Country Inn Galveston Beach to your Saves list
Country Inn Galveston Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2818 Avenue R 1/2, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
McAlester, Oklahoma
“GIRL FRIEND TRIP-NIGHT BEFORE CRUISING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I booked this hotel through priceline.com. This was a girlfriend trip for 5 women and two teen age girls. We stayed here the night before our cruise. I made numerous calls to the hotel before booking. The staff was as friendly and accommodating in person as they had been on the phone. I will definitely stay here again. Very nice motel. Clean. The breakfast was good. The staff very helpful and kind. Excellent location. The beds were very comfortable and the nights rest before cruising was great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 12/08/12 for one night, made the fatal error of getting in late. No parking, not that they have much anyway. I found myself parking 2 blocks away with so happens some other hotel guest in the same boat as me. Then the real fun began, none of our keys worked on the outside doors! Keepin mind its 2 am and I had to walk 2 blocks in an unfamilar town, in the dark only to have my key not work!!! Ok finally made it to my room to find pubic hairs on the back of the toilet, & hair in the tub. BREAKFAST WAS A JOKE, IF COULD CALL IT THAT(NO WONDER IT'S FREE). BEST PART OF MY STAY WAS LEAVING THE HOTEL.

• Stayed December 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at Country Inn & Suites before cruising out of Galveston. We booked directly through the Country Inn website (tip: sign up for their Club Carlson to get discount offers via email. We got a nice cancellable rate that was lower than any publicly available rate that applied to the dates we needed to stay). Although a Handicapped Accessible room was not an option when I booked, I did note it in the special requests on the reservation.

We arrived late at night, after 11pm. Although the front desk didn't catch the special note about our needing an HA room, they were able to move us to an HA room for both of our nights. Tip: When making a special note on your reservation, call the front desk to make sure they see it.

I got my parents settled into the room then returned to the front desk for some coffee. The pots were almost empty, so the clerk made fresh coffee. Gold star for that! In the meantime, my parents had trouble with the room thermostat, so the clerk went up to the room to reset the thermostat and got that running right. Another gold star.

Our room with 2 Queen beds and HA bathroom (standard tub with shower chair) had a lot of space. There was a fridge and microwave. The internet worked fine. The best part was our balcony overlooking the seawall and pleasure pier. And the day of our cruise, we walked out on our balcony and could see our ship!

Breakfast was fine with make-your-own waffles, yogurt, cereals, breads, oatmeal, and there may have eggs and a meat but I don't remember.

We didn't use the indoor pool, but I did go in to investigate and the chlorine in the air was so overwhelming when I opened the door to the enclosure that I walked right back out. It was way too strong.

No issues with check-out or parking.

The hotel is in a good location and I would definitely stay there again when visiting Galveston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the seawall.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was clean and the hotel was centrally located but management needs to give the staff lessons on customer service.

We chose to stay in Galveston for a day after a Disney cruise. Making the reservation, we noted that we would be arriving very early in the day. Indeed we arrived by 10 am. The front desk staff acted like we were a huge imposition. We requested to store our luggage while we explored Galveston and made the not-so-unreasonable-request that we could have a room as soon as one could be made available. We returned to the hotel after 2 and were told no rooms were available. We sat and waited in the lobby and then watched as others arrived and were given room keys. A call to the hotel's headquarters yielded a call to the front desk and a room key.

The rest of the stay was predictably unpleasant. The hot tub was not functioning per Murphy's Law and breakfast items were empty upon arrival. Had the actual breakfast items been available, the breakfast would have been enjoyable. One can only wait so long for virtually all the items to be replenished before resorting to cereal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rolla, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn for one night in September 2012, prior to taking a cruise. I was very impressed with this hotel. It was very clean and well-maintained. The lobby was gorgeous! There were no issues with the room. I made the reservation online and requested a room on the 4th or 5th levels, but ended up with a room on the 2nd floor. However, we still had a balcony with a good view of the ocean. Pleasure Pier is a short distance away, as well as several gift shops and restaurants. The hotel allowed free parking during the week-long cruise, as well as shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. Our shuttle driver was polite and friendly, and made us feel very comfortable during the ride.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on one of the two upper levels (4 or 5) facing Pleasure Pier. But, as ment...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed there in June. Awesome. Great Beach location. Clean rooms, great staff. Service was excellent. Stayed there this past week. Even asked for same room-got it. Felt like I walked into Twilight Zone.
-Ceiling in bathroom had dirt-black mold like substance
-Fire Alarm (Turned out to be false) awakened us at 5:30 a.m. Hey, those things happen.
-Smoke Alarm in hotel room awakened us at 5:00 next morning
-AC never worked unless cranked down to 68. Hotel staff said they would take care of it.
-Asked for change on last night to do laundry in their hotel. Lady said they do not normally give change-or we do not have it-or I could go to a convienent store at 11:15 at night. Huh?
I said do you normally have change? Her reply, "no, uh-uh, not tonight. We do not give change normally?" WHAT? It is money for your machinery.

End of my stay with this Hotel and Carlson

Room Tip: Rooms facing beach are awesome, especially rooms on 4th-5th floor. Try and ask for room numbers in 4...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel lobby was clean and the staff was nice. The room was cleaned except for the coffee pot had not been cleaned for awhile. I noticed mold growing in the coffee filter. Besides the coffee filter everything else was great.

Room Tip: I noticed it was best to reserve a room on their website. I used my government discount and got a be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn Galveston Beach? Share your experiences!