“Cool history stuff!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 39 Attractions in Galveston
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum details the history of Galveston Island and features a newly restored ship that was originally built in 1877.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Cool history stuff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

This was a fun stop for the family that didn't cost an arm and a leg. The museum admission includes a self guided tour of the tall ship ELISSA. This was perfect for our family. We only had a couple hours to spare and this fit the bill.

Visited January 2012

Fullerton, California
178 attraction reviews
“Nice little museum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were down here for our cruise and Dickens on The Strand and were given free admission to the museum and the tall ship Elisa. Lots of history and had special meaning for me as my Great Grandmother came to this Country via Galveston!

Visited December 2011
Lakeville, Minnesota
49 attraction reviews
“The Elissia is great for any tall ship lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

They was a high point of the trip for me..I love Tall ships have sailed on windjammers a fet times ..seeing her as she is today after seeing the film of how they found her in greece lets you know that people do care and are trying hard to keep the past alive. the fact that she's a "living" boat & sails at least once a year makes it all the better! The rests of the exibits were Ok ..told a lot about how the shrimping started & such Well worth the $8 when you consider the upkeeps of a tall ship like this one. We also watched a Pod of dolphins play & feed just off her stern..added bonus to the experience.

Visited October 2011
Livingston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Probably the single most significant historical repository on the Texas Gulf Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Toured the Ellisa..... FABULOUS!!! There were crew volunteers undergoing training while we were there, regular maintenance was being conducted and despite the fumes of paint and petroleum aerosols we enjoyed the below decks look at the living and working spaces of the crew and officers.
The Museum... What a Great little space! The history of the Ellisa was showing that Saturday and it was about 20 minutes long and moves at a pleasurable pace! The exhibits of the museum are worthy of the time taken to visit! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! My wife enjoyed the Museum as well!
The Harbor Tour that leaves out of the Seaport Museum is Really enjoyable for about an hours worth of time on the water! We had a Blast!!!

Would we do it again.... Yep! Plan to do it again next year!

Visited October 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellant Attraction!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very interesting Museum. I took loads of pictures. There are other enjoying places to go in Galvaston!!
The sea wall is a fun place to walk and get a nice tan. I usually go fishing on the pier. I just love Galvaston TX.
I return to Galvaston everytime I visit Houston TX.

Visited July 2011