“Wonderful Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Red Roof hosted our annual event and the staff was very welcoming and totally accommodating for our every need. The rooms were clean and sufficient and the location along the seawall was perfect! With a Kroger grocery shopping center next door, anything you forgott to pack or if you just want to get drinks and snacks, you can't ask for anything more convenient. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This location is awesome. Right across from the beach . Keisha & Toby were great . They went above an beyond to help me . The Manager did more than any management at an hotel I've stayed in. I will definitely stay anytime I'm in Galveston!!! Thank You to the whole Red Roof Galveston staff..

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cleanliness is not the top priority here, we couldn't wait to check out. Upon arrival it took us a long time to get checked in. Then we took the elevator and it felt as if it got stuck. The room was horrendous! Musty-moldy smell, old everything, no couch or arm chair, the carpet had a worn path and was damp. Next door ppl had door open and were chain smoking. if we arrived there earlier I would have gone to a different hotel. Luckily this was for one night only. Really stat there at your own risk, I guess people have different standards for cleanliness. I will say that the front desk service was cordial and helpful.

Room Tip: Pay extra and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would also like to apologize for the condition of the room that we checked you into. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff, and we have been working to correct the cleanliness issues.
I thank you for your nice comments about the staff, and I have shared those as well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was by far the best vacation ever thanks to red roof in at Galveston tx very nice service loved the pool and the the people very much respect thanks so much for the best vacation ever had a blast

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for saying such wonderful things about the staff here at the Red Roof Inn Galveston. I have shared your comments with them, and they were happy they were able to make your vacation memorable. We are also happy you were able to enjoy the pool while you were here.
We hope to see you again for your next family vacation.
Drayton Valley, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 1 night at this hotel through a travel agent and were very excited until we arrived in the front parking lot. The lobby was dirty and the front desk girl was rude to the guests in the lobby as well as on the phone.
Our room was filthy! We had 2 queen beds for 3 people but only were given 2 towels and 1 facecloth. I went to the front desk to ask for more and was told they have no extra towels but I was welcome to take a pool towel! The room was a handicapped room.... If we required handicapped accessibility it would have been great, but we're not! The shower nozzle was only about 4 feet high.
Also, they advertise free wifi. Wifi does not exist there! When I asked the man working the front desk, he laughed out loud and gave me a complaints phone number.
I would never ever stay here again!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
I would like to first apologize for the condition of the room. We are working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff on improving the cleanliness of the rooms in the hotel. I would also like to let you know that we are doing some retraining with our front desk staff.
I hope you will return on your next trip to Galveston to see our improvements.
College station, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Of course when choosing to stay at an Inn one should not expect anything fancy or extraordinary, which I did not, but one thing that I do expect not matter the hotel/inn rating is good customer service.

Upon checking into our room there was a funky smell, the floor was damp, and there was some sort of trash/lint/matter in both beds. We requested for housekeeping to change the sheets and for maintenance to find the culprit for the wet floors. After waiting more than 25 minutes and calling the front desk twice, people arrived and we were greeted with attitude (as if we had dirtied our beds and wet the floors). Eventually they simply gave us a different room, which was indeed better, but the TV did not work and the room was still not anything to brag about.

On the plus side they did offer a continental breakfast, as well as free and ample parking. It is located right across from the beach and they do have a pool. Overall, this is not a place that I would personally stay again, but if you are simply staying for a short period of time then it is fine.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. I will be working with my staff to make sure they are treating every problem seriously. I apologize for that not being the case for your stay.
I hope you will come and stay on your next trip to Galveston, and let us show you our improvements.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are staying here, don't expect anything fancy. This place is fine if all you need is somewhere to sleep. The staff here is amazing however - some of the nicest people I have met and very helpful

Room Tip: We were placed in a smoking room at first, but felt uncomfortable with the smell and location of the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Thank you so much for your comments on the staff. I will be sharing your observations with the staff to help them keep up the good work.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Galveston.

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!