You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Nice surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was very nervous about this hotel after reading reviews online. The hotel is a bit rough around the edges. Nothing too bad.

The pool was nice and warm. Location is excellent. Within a block is a grocery store, mcdonalds, pier, and restaurants. The beach is right across the street.

The staff was excellent. They must have got the message because every staff member was polite and helpful. There is a fridge and microwave in room and we had a view of the ocean (fourth floor).

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Michigan Center, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Staff was rude. Rooms smell funny. We even switched rooms to a room that wasn't too smelly but still smelled. Location was great. Close to beach. I try to look beyond people's poor reviews and judge for myself but this time I wish I would have listened to the reviews. They bad ones are dead on. If I ever stay in galveston tx again I will go for a high priced hotel and listen to reviews

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and her sister travelled to Galveston to run the Diva Dash race and this hotel experience ruined their trip. When they checked into the room it smelled terribly of must/mold to the extent that they didn't think they could sleep there. They called the front desk asking if they could change rooms, but were told none were available. A maintenance person came to the door and offered to spray disinfectant on the carpet and said the carpets in these rooms needed to be replaced due to the humidity and sea air. The room also did not have any towels, when they went to the front desk the attendant pulled two unfolded towels from the laundry basket and said here you go. When they asked for hand towels the response was "we don't have those." Back in the room they discovered a pair of underwear hanging on the shower rod and conditions in the bathroom that were less than clean. My wife has decided to cancel the reservation for the next night and stay somewhere cleaner. Unfortunately, she only received a partial refund from the booking agency and will need to spend additional money on another hotel during a peak weekend for their second night. After training hard for this half marathon, travelling to Galveston from Minnesota and spending what we considered a moderate to high price for this hotel chain, the experience and must/mold conditions in this room will likely impact her race early tomorrow morning. Looking at other reviews on this site I see others have had a similar experience at this hotel. I am frustrated to say the least as I talk to my wife about this on the phone, consumers should not be expected to put up with this.

Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were pleasantly pleased with the staff and the overall location of this hotel. Our room was very nice and clean. Very basic continental breakfast Fishing was great to be able to walk across street.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 209 just right. did not have to walk up stairs very easy to get to!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location. The bad. One wash cloth the first night. No wash clothes the second night. We booked a ocean view room a month in advance. What we got was a view of the rear parking lot and a Galveston cemetery.

Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The majority of the staff were very nice. Check in/check out was easy. The price was reasonable. That's about as good as it gets.

My stay wasn't too comfortable. My room felt very damp when I first arrived. The smell of the room was also very strong did to the moisture of the room. The bed cushion was very hard.

Overall, I'd recommend staying there for only a night if you're just looking for a place with a roof over your head, but don't expect to get too comfortable during your stay.

Stayed March 2015
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the great comments for the staff. They enjoy seeing that they made a good impression. My apologies for the damp, humid room. We do try to counteract the beach side humidity with the air conditioning, but sometimes it is overwhelming.

I hope to see you in the future.

Kathleen Trindade
Lake Charles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was there for a Mary Kay conference and the room was horrible to say we paid $175 with tax. It was too late after the conference to complain about the problems so we just stayed the night and hoped for the best. Our bed was broke so when we laid down the foot of the bed came up. The air was not blowing and there was a stench in the room. The room was supposedly nonsmoking but had burnt holes in the cover. Will never stay here again for any occasion. Filled out comment card so I hope changes will take place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you, Hazel, for letting us know. I did receive the comment card and acted on everything you listed on the card. We enjoy the Mary Kay reps when they come to the annual convention in Galveston, and I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

I hope you will give us a second chance next year.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!