You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Broken bed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago before the change of owner ship. When we stayed 2 years ago there was a giant dip in the bed but the room was overall comfortable. The breakfast lacked everything. This time around we booked last minute and let the booking agency know we would arrive around 2. Upon our arrival we were rudely told we couldn't check in until 3. We killed an hour and came back at 3:10 to be told our room was still not ready and the hotel had overbooked itself due to Mardi gras. We finally got a call from the manager at 3:45 that our room was ready. Upon arrival there was a long line due to only one check in person. When our turn finally came we were passed over for someone who skipped the other 20 people in line and walked right to the desk staying they too had gotten a phone call that their room was ready. Once we got in our room we discovered the left side of our king sized bed was broken. There was no coffee pot and 2 towels. We got stuck next to a room full of idiots who screamed, cussed and threw things all night long. We didn't call and complain to the front desk because face it, if they couldn't get us in a room when we got there, they weren't going to change rooms for us. The breakfast once again lacked anything but dry pastries by the time we got downstairs. When we checked out no one asked how our stay was and the desk almost charged our card again until I pointed out that we paid when we checked in. Needless to say even if it's a bargain deal we will pay the extra and go somewhere that isn't a motel pretending to be a hotel.

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lucas, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here two years ago before heading our on a cruise and loved the place. The rooms were clean, breakfast good and the little extras like a cappuccino machine in the lobby made it a great place to stay.
This year the rooms and public areas were dirty. Beds clean, surfaces clean but needed vacuumed especially around the edges. Lobby seating area was dirty. Breakfast was horrible.
I was very disappointed in the changes made since Red Roof has taken over the hotel.One plus - the desk staff was great, especially Michael, but we plan to stay somewhere else next trip.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We will definitely look closer at the edges of the rooms. I appreciate the time you took to let us know where improvement is needed.

Red Roof Inn across the country provide great value for your money. I hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Kennedale, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was horrible!! First the smell was horrible! The room was dirty I could write my name on the furniture? First visit to the bathroom hair on floor and dirty and the door locked me in. Would not open. Some how my husband got it open.Couldn't close it after that. But my husband forgot and he was locked in had to use a pocket knife to get out? Beds where horrible did not sleep all night!
The elevator was scary. It smelled and acted like it was not going to work half the time. So we started using the stairs. Took a shower in standing water that took a while to get warm. Ask for extra towels did not have any. Killed a cockroach.
We would have changed hotels but where on a tight schedule. In town for a cheer competition.
Don't known if there were any rooms available.
Upon returning in the evening there were dogs in a room barking their heads off. Dog poop on front lawn of hotel.
Water hazard everywhere on side walk and stairs.
Continental breakfast don't even go watered-down coffee that tasted like colored water and cold mini muffins.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!! This place should be shut down!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for letting us know what we need to work on. The feedback will be taken to heart so we can improve the quality of the hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Red Roof Inns provide nice rooms at a nice price and we are working diligently toward that goal.

I hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are looking for an inexpensive room in Galveston.

Stillwater, ok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

I seen the reviews about not having towels in the room, so when I booked on-line, I specifically asked for 2 sets as there were 2 people in the room. But what did I get. 1 wash cloth, 1 hand towel and 1 bath towel....I also booked a Handicapped room because my wife had foot surgery and had problems walking. They could not have hardly put us any farther from the car so she had a long walk on crutches.

I don't understand the stinginess with the towels or why they would put us so far away from the parking area when I told them of my wifes foot surgery. I see on here they reply to the bad reviews, but never fix the problem. I stay at Red Roof more than any other chain but I would never stay at this one again. If I owned this hotel... the Mgr would be seeking new employment. They might be saving a few bucks, but are causing customers to take their business else where.

Do yourself a favor and go some where else

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you for your time in making the review. Improving a hotel is a dramatic undertaking, and the team and I are constantly working toward that goal. The review states that you requested an accessible room. We try to accommodate everyone's request, and I apologize that we did not accommodate yours.

I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Galveston.

Kathleen Trindade.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

This place was horrible! The staff did not dress professional. The aesthetics was very poor. It smelled horrible in the parking lot. The rooms stink. The beds had stains and the worse part of all was the restrooms were DIRTY!!! The maid should be fired the general manager should be fired. They need to be on hotel impossible because man this hotel was struggling. Bottom line don't ever come here. Don't listen to the guy who put a decent review because that person is leading you to a trap trust me.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. I am not sure about the parking lot comment. That seems a little strange. I will definitely be showing your comments to the staff. The staff and I are working to improve the quality.

I apologize for your poor stay. I hope you will give Red Roof Inn a second chance in the future.

Langdon, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

We checked in early they gave us a room...the smell was horrendous and old food in fridge. Hair on the bathroom floor and shower...dirty towels shoved in corner under sink area...garbage on the floor under the desk and in between the desk and tv...so we went down and they have us a different room next door. The smell wasn't as bad as the other room so we dropped our stuff off went out exploring went back turned the lights on and discovered that the floors had not been vacuumed, dog hair everywhere, right side or toilet (in between shower and toilet) was stuck on black hair, yellow stuff dried on the bottom of toilet by floor and behind bathroom door was garbage and dirt caked on the ledge...it was the worst experience ever in a hotel...and we have been in a million of hotels! Worst ever!

• Stayed January 2015
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
My apologies for the horrible stay prior to your cruise. This is not what you should expect from Red Roof Inn. I will speak to all team members involved and investigate how this could have happened. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. All of your comments will be used to improve the quality of the guest rooms.

Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

nice place to stay I thought-pool was awesome,room was quiet and the staff was nice. nice central location to a lot of different things.came down from Minnesota and had a really good time-will be staying there again for sure. the beach is right across the street-how awesome is that and it's just down from the fishing pier ! thanks for the good time cuz it sure beat snow blowin up your back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Galveston Island is a great place to get away from the snow. Even when it is cold, the gulf is pretty to look at and the food is great. I look forward to seeing you in the future for a winter getaway.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!