“Poor Service.... Go some where else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Stillwater, ok
“Poor Service.... Go some where else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I seen the reviews about not having towels in the room, so when I booked on-line, I specifically asked for 2 sets as there were 2 people in the room. But what did I get. 1 wash cloth, 1 hand towel and 1 bath towel....I also booked a Handicapped room because my wife had foot surgery and had problems walking. They could not have hardly put us any farther from the car so she had a long walk on crutches.

I don't understand the stinginess with the towels or why they would put us so far away from the parking area when I told them of my wifes foot surgery. I see on here they reply to the bad reviews, but never fix the problem. I stay at Red Roof more than any other chain but I would never stay at this one again. If I owned this hotel... the Mgr would be seeking new employment. They might be saving a few bucks, but are causing customers to take their business else where.

Do yourself a favor and go some where else

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your time in making the review. Improving a hotel is a dramatic undertaking, and the team and I are constantly working toward that goal. The review states that you requested an accessible room. We try to accommodate everyone's request, and I apologize that we did not accommodate yours.

I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Galveston.

Kathleen Trindade.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This place was horrible! The staff did not dress professional. The aesthetics was very poor. It smelled horrible in the parking lot. The rooms stink. The beds had stains and the worse part of all was the restrooms were DIRTY!!! The maid should be fired the general manager should be fired. They need to be on hotel impossible because man this hotel was struggling. Bottom line don't ever come here. Don't listen to the guy who put a decent review because that person is leading you to a trap trust me.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. I am not sure about the parking lot comment. That seems a little strange. I will definitely be showing your comments to the staff. The staff and I are working to improve the quality.

I apologize for your poor stay. I hope you will give Red Roof Inn a second chance in the future.

Langdon, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We checked in early they gave us a room...the smell was horrendous and old food in fridge. Hair on the bathroom floor and shower...dirty towels shoved in corner under sink area...garbage on the floor under the desk and in between the desk and tv...so we went down and they have us a different room next door. The smell wasn't as bad as the other room so we dropped our stuff off went out exploring went back turned the lights on and discovered that the floors had not been vacuumed, dog hair everywhere, right side or toilet (in between shower and toilet) was stuck on black hair, yellow stuff dried on the bottom of toilet by floor and behind bathroom door was garbage and dirt caked on the ledge...it was the worst experience ever in a hotel...and we have been in a million of hotels! Worst ever!

• Stayed January 2015
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
My apologies for the horrible stay prior to your cruise. This is not what you should expect from Red Roof Inn. I will speak to all team members involved and investigate how this could have happened. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. All of your comments will be used to improve the quality of the guest rooms.

Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

nice place to stay I thought-pool was awesome,room was quiet and the staff was nice. nice central location to a lot of different things.came down from Minnesota and had a really good time-will be staying there again for sure. the beach is right across the street-how awesome is that and it's just down from the fishing pier ! thanks for the good time cuz it sure beat snow blowin up your back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Galveston Island is a great place to get away from the snow. Even when it is cold, the gulf is pretty to look at and the food is great. I look forward to seeing you in the future for a winter getaway.

Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The grounds dirty the hotel outside halls dirty. Not maintained. Dog poop all over the grass everwhere. Room burned out light bulbs, not up to date. Not a great place will not stay again. Breakfast was a joke

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the feedback you have given. We will definitely work to fix the issues that you listed after you checked out. I apologize for not meeting the quality that you should expect from Red Roof Inns.

I hope you will choose to give us a second chance in the future.

Happy New Year.
Garden City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

This hotel is just average as the room is well kept but the location is average they say ocean view but the only views are from the parking lot. While we were there the elevator was broken along with every ice machine except the 3rd floor not a big deal as we were on the 2nd and right next to the stairs the pool is heated and very nice looking although we didn't get in as we were to busy walking to everything it's quite a walk to about everywhere so if you're not willing to drive and the trolley is not working I wouldn't recommend staying here and it costs to park everywhere

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for the review. We are directly across from the beach and within walking distance of several restaurants. The Pleasure Pier, Moody Gardens, the Strand, and Schlitterbahn are all a quick car ride away. Free parking all over the island is hard to find, but it does exist.

I hope the next time that you are looking for a hotel at the beach you will choose Red Roof Inn.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

The rates are decent weekdays but weekends are a bit much. Free breakfast was great, staff was friendly. Nice heated pool! Surrounded by beautiful Palm trees makes a layout feel like paradise! Overall I give it a 4 out of 5. My main thing is the price. Rooms aren't quote up to par with the rate! Everything else is great!

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The weekdays during the off-season are truly the best value, but you will find that our rates are very competitive with the other hotels at all times. Galveston Island is a destination location and hotel rates can go up significantly on the weekends, in the summer, and for holidays.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!