“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Bookmark
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and a couple of friends stayed here for one night as we were passing through Galveston. The Motel staff were very friendly and helpful, and quickly checked us in to our rooms as we had arrived late after a long day of driving. The motel rooms are average, and are quite large. The pool area is very nice, and the breakfast was average. The motel is not in a very busy area so there is nothing to see and do within walking distance apart from the beach. I would stay here again if I was in the Galveston area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Day 1 - Room was ready, front desk was efficient, got to our room and there were no washcloths and only one bath towel. Went in search of housekeeping and asked for washcloths and bath towels and got two washcloths and no towels. The housekeeping supervisor said they would be brought to us later but they never arrived.

Day 2 - Left to go do some shopping and eat breakfast and room had been cleaned while we were gone. Housekeeping left one bath towel, one hand towel and one washcloth. Went in search of housekeeping and was told towels and washcloths would be delivered later. They never showed up so that night we went to WalMart and bought towels, took them to the laundry and did laundry so we would have towels for the night and the next morning.

Day 3 - Well, there won't be a Day 3. We are on vacation and it is not feasible to continue to chase the basics of a motel stay so it is time to find another hotel on the island. Two adults need at least two towels, two hand towels and two washcloths per day but this seems to escape Red Roof Inn staff.

Room Tip: Try to find one close to the housekeeping office and laundry facilities.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am so sorry about the difficulties that you experienced during your vacation. You are absolutely correct to feel that you should not be hunting down basic supplies while on vacation. While we have improved in some areas, your review lets me know that we still need improvement.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We will continue to strive to provide better service in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well me and my son drove down to Galveston to get him ready for his surgery only to find out , it had been reschedule for the next day. So we took a ride down to the sea wall AMAZING. .WE obviously needed a place to crash for the night checked in around 4 or 5 pm on October 27th 2014 I can't remember the lady's name that checked me but all i can say is that she went above and beyond to accommodate us due to him not being able to walk far or climb stairs. I will definitely return to this location..clean quite and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the great review. Galveston Island is a beautiful place to spend some relaxing time. I am sorry that the free time spent on the island was unplanned.

I hope to see you again when you can actually enjoy a stress-free, operation-free visit on the island.

Port Arthur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of staying at the Red Roof Inn on seawall blvd on Oct.31st -Nov.1st. Upon checking in by Toby, I was given 2 coupons, 1 for Rainforest Cafe for a free kids meal or a chef's appetizer, the other for Bubba Gump's , free kid's meal or dessert. My room was on the fourth floor facing the cemetery non smoking double bed room. The room was equipped with a coffee- maker,microwave,mini fridge and safe. I travel with my on bed linens,pillows and bath towels, I had no complaints about scratchy towels etc. The room itself was clean and did not smell. Housekeeping was friendly and cheerful. Breakfast was waffles,bagels,cereal,muffins,yogurt,coffee,milk juice and fresh fruit,the breakfast room attendant was friendly and out going with a wonderful smile on her face.. On nov.1st the elevator to the 4th floor was not working properly, the front desk sent a wonderful cheerful person to assist me with my luggage, she enlisted another co-worker to help me, despite all of my luggage and having to walk down a flight of stairs with my luggage these wonderful employers did not complain, not only did they bring my luggage down to the parking garage they offered to help me put it in my car. Red Roof Inn is very very lucky to have such wonderful employees. I would stay at this Red Roof again. some people will have a bad experience with employees or room, but I had a great experience. Happy customer in room 448.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I have shown this to all of the employees. With the elevator issue, it is heartening to receive kudos for great service. The team works hard to provide exceptional service, and enjoys seeing the success of their efforts.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back with us for another visit whenever you are returning to beautiful Galveston Island.

Odessa, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago when it was a Best Western and it was very nice. Our stay this time, left much to be desired. We arrived on Sunday afternoon, our room wasn't ready so we did some shopping and came back.When we came in i noticed the doors and windows coming in were pretty dirty, lots of hand prints. We were on the 2nd floor and all of the garbage bags were stacked up by the elevator and remained there until Monday around 10 AM(perhaps they were short staffed). Our room(245) smelled terrible due to mildew from the AC unit. I should have requested another room, but didn't, thought if we left the door open, maybe it would go away. The evening staff seemed tired and somewhat irritated in dealing with problems. When i let the day staff know about the mildew problem they were very apologetic. Breakfast was problematic. There was a good sized bug crawling down the wall by the waffle station and the milk pitchers were not on ice. They finally brought out some milk with a chiller in the container. It just looks like a tired hotel that needs some TLC(maybe just a really good cleaning and some paint)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience. I apologize for all of the issues. It is our mission to meet or exceed the expectations of each guest. I apologize. In your case, we failed.

The garbage bags by the elevator and the hand prints on the entrances are not standard. I will use your comments to work with the staff to solve these two issues for the future. We were able to fix the AC issue the day that you told us.

We are continuing our our work to improve our quality and our customer service. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Tallinn, Estonia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel from 16 to 20 October. Our nonsmoking superior room was large with 2 beds. The pool is large and warm.
The beds are large and very comfortable
Rooms smells very bad, because the floor is carpeted, but it has never been cleaned. I went in the room with bare feet. After that my feet were dirty. Smoking rooms smells more awful, does not live there.
In our room had no towels on arrival. We asked, but brought the next day.
The breakfast is very poor. Sausage, cheese, lettuce, eggs are not. There's not a continental breakfast as promised. There is only bread, waffles, jam, etc.
There can be a short period of time. Price is cheap when booked early.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking superior room with pool views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your comments help us to do better. While we clean carpets on a regular schedule, perhaps we missed yours. I will share your comments with the entire team to look at what we can improve for the future.

My apologies for the less than satisfactory stay. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Pflugerville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

I wanted to write to let everyone know, that while my girlfriend and I checked into this establishment, I had nothing but good to say about the friendliness of one particular employee Terry Ward.. He was so courteous and I had him memorize a poem for me, and he recited it for me in front of my girlfriend. I want to thank Terry for the nice gesture and suggest a nice little bonus for him!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for recognizing Terry on TripAdvisor. He is truly an amazing individual and joy to have on staff. He was thrilled when I showed him this review. All of our staff takes pride in the hospitality service that they provide.

I hope you will choose us in the future when visiting Galveston Island.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!