“Jeff & Kim's 3 month anniversary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
“Jeff & Kim's 3 month anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wanted to write to let everyone know, that while my girlfriend and I checked into this establishment, I had nothing but good to say about the friendliness of one particular employee Terry Ward.. He was so courteous and I had him memorize a poem for me, and he recited it for me in front of my girlfriend. I want to thank Terry for the nice gesture and suggest a nice little bonus for him!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for recognizing Terry on TripAdvisor. He is truly an amazing individual and joy to have on staff. He was thrilled when I showed him this review. All of our staff takes pride in the hospitality service that they provide.

I hope you will choose us in the future when visiting Galveston Island.

Kathleen Trindade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I read the reviews before we arrived (bad) but I usually make my own judgement. Needles to say I was right. We had no issues, we really enjoyed our stay, great location, nice clean rooms and the employees were very helpful. We will be coming back here definitely.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The team works to provide a great experience and enjoys reading the reviews. I will share your review with the staff.

The fall and the spring are great times to come to Galveston Island. The rates are great and the weather has not turned cold. I hope to see you in the future.

Burleson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything was fine when I checked in, besides not having the room ready when I arrived. After check in, the nightmare began. I went to buy my kids lunch when my debit card was declined. I found out that the staff had charged my card twice. After trying to resolve the situation peacefully, they kept arguing with me which only made me angrier. Then after the first night stay, I found we had slept with bed bugs and my daughter had showered with a roach. I left 2 days early, got home and burned all our belongings we took. Worst and most stressful vacation ever. Thank you Red Roof.

Room Tip: Anyplace but Red Roof Inn
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
I apologize for what had to have been a horrendous stay. Any insect sightings are responded to promptly by contacting our pest control company for an inspection and any treatment required. While the island has its share of insects, they should not be in your room.

I hope you will choose to give us a second chance.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is an old holiday inn. It's outdated, but kept fairly clean for the price. Right as the pool closed, a rude man came out and demanded that we all get out. Poor customer service. There is a nice way to speak to your customers. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed October 2014
Thank you so much for letting me know about the incident. I apologize for the attitude of the employee. There is never a reason for rudeness. I will definitely speak to all of the evening staff about this incident.

This is not indicative of the service you should expect. I hope that you will choose Red Roof Inn in the future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I previously read the reviews on here (mostly negative) and as often is the case I take the comments with a pinch of salt and like to make my own judgement.

We arrived around 4pm 19 Sept after a 12 hour flight from the UK to be told our room wasn't quite ready. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. However we didn't have to wait too long and were given a 2 double room (328) at the back facing the car park. It was clean but with a slight musty smell. The a/c worked fine although a tad noisy. Microwave, fridge and safety deposit box ($1.50 a day) all working. We didn't encounter any problems and stayed initially for 5 nights.
The staff are welcoming and friendly. The breakfast is sufficient - cereal, bagels, waffles, coffee, juice, fruit and yoghurts - what more do you expect for the price you pay?

We returned on Mon 29 Sept for a further 4 nights to be given room 319 facing the pool. However the safety deposit box didn't work and maintenance couldn't fix it so they upgraded our room to 419 (king size bed) with a pool/ocean view and no musty smell.
Again the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The pool is a good size and well maintained, we only used it once but it was quiet and relaxing.
There is ample free parking at the front and back we always found a space.
The ice machines seemed to be more out of action than in. We had no problems with the lifts.

The location is very convenient at the side of 61st Street with Kroger supermarket to the left and Tortuga Mexican restaurant to the right (BTW recommend this place highly!) and a Walmart 10 minutes walk away. It is around a 5 minute drive along the Seawall Blvd to the Pleasure Pier.
The seaweed didn't pose too much of a problem at all it seemed to have settled down. The beaches are generally clean and tidy.

To summarize: The hotel location is fantastic, the rooms are basic but comfortable and clean, the staff are efficient, friendly and welcoming, the breakfast is adequate and it is incredible value for money! The positives outweighed the little niggles we had.

This was our first vacation in Galveston but certainly won't be our last and we are already looking forward to returning next year and won't hesitate to book this hotel again. As a Travel Agent I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to any potential customers.

Thank you and see you again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
What a wonderful and detailed review!! This is much appreciated. I have also added the word niggles to my vocabulary. It does say it all. This hotel truly does have a few niggles that we are working through. I hope when you come back to visit they are all worked out.

Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived and was impressed by location, this Is a get what u pay for type of hotel so I wasn't expecting much... Front desk staff stood and flirted for about 10 minutes before they checked me in, sent me to the far rear of the building which was a bit creepy being a woman traveling alone but I managed, some of the patrons were interesting, pool was beautiful but I didn't use it, room was ok, bit smelly of mildew and lots of room for improvement in the bathroom. No towels on arrival, called twice, took my first shower with the bath mat, second day the same, asked about getting the very loud drippy tub looked at, still loud and drippy after 4 nights of listening to it, not impressed with the breakfast, coffee machine never worked while I was there and everything was empty by 9 am, it was a place to sleep, a/c was cold and the location was good, I am going back in December but I won't stay here again mostly cause the staff were rude, uninterested and a bit incompetent, couldn't tell me directions to the university etc. I didn't pay much so I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Don't choose here there is a comfort inn next door pay the extra
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for letting me know how your stay was. While we are working on many of the issues that you listed, I was surprised and disappointed that the staff did not provide the level of service you should expect from a Red Roof Inn. The staff has already read your review and will work harder to provide exceptional guest service. I apologize for letting you down.

I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Beebe, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were there on a Sunday night. Room was not ready when we arrived, but they called as soon as it was. Rooms were clean. Only one elevator was working, so there was always a wait. Housekeeping was behind, I would say. They seemed to be overworked, but were polite and tried to see to everyone's request. Ice machine on our floor was not working, but they did get it repaired. Great continental breakfast. Nice views of the ocean. Convenient to the cruise lines. Comfortable beds. Someone in our party left a small bag that contained his phone chargers and we called when we got back to port, and they had them. AMAZING! Lots of restaurants close by, some within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even with some glitches. Galveston has a great cruise port and we provide free parking while you are on the cruise. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you take a cruise and maybe even come in a couple of days early to enjoy the beach.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!