“Great stay at a Great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Plaquemine, Louisiana
“Great stay at a Great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just returned from Galveston and our stay at Red Roof Inn was fantastic. The staff was awesome. While some areas of the hotel showed it's age, our room was updated and clean with a view of the Gulf. In fact the room in the cover photo looks just like our room. The king bed was comfortable, the room spacious, wifi worked great and the A/C worked too well. The continental breakfast left a little to be desired but a bowl of cereal and a cup of yogurt was enough for me(Waffle House right around the corner too! . Tortuga Mexican Cantina is right next door, Landry's Seafood is in walking distance and it is close to all attractions. There is also a Kroger's Supperette next door. The only bad point of our stay was the rain, but the hotel couldn't control that.

Room Tip: Looking into some of the rooms I'd have to say the King rooms are the best.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tomball, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed in many different Red Roof Inns, and have always been happy with the rooms and service.... But the Inn in Galveston Tx. left us a little disappointed in our room.
Going to the first room we had to take the elevator that sounded unsafe. Upon arriving at room, the a/c did not work, there was NO towels, NO coffee pot , and this being a smoking room which i had requested... smelled really bad but it was not from smoking... With the A/C not working we asked for a different room. which we finally got to within a short time.... Second rm's ac worked, be we still did not have towels or soaps/cups/ or coffee pot and some of the pillows did not even have pillow case on them or in the room.... so we had to go get our towels and pillow cases at the front desk...
Next time.... we will be spending a bit more to get a better hotel... i dont want to spend my vacation running around trying to supply my room with things that housekeeping should have taken care of in the first place...
P.S. While at the pool trying to enjoying some of this stay.... with a Hotel Employee inside the pool area, I homeless woman, fulling clothed and very dirty looking, was allow to get into pool and cool herself off and clean herself a bit..... While all the guest got out of the pool.....

Room Tip: try a different hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

It's nice to wake up to happy staff that make sure your stay is perfect. The room was clean and stocked. Terry greeted us and was so pleasant that it started the day perfectly even though the coffee could hold horseshoes.

• Stayed September 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am puzzled by the negative reviews. Other than the lack of towels (and that's not a huge deal) there is nothing to complain about. Nice, clean rooms, great pool, AWESOME coffee (please never change it!) and wonderful staff.

I only have two very, very minor complaints. For one, while I think it's awesome that the hotel allows pets, it might be nice if there was a particular section for guests with animals. I only bring this up because the first night of my most recent stay (August 25-29th) the folks next to our room had a fairly loud dog. Again, not a big deal, but that might be an idea for ya'll to consider. Secondly, it appeared to me that there were no smoking rooms with pool or ocean views. I am not sure if this is deliberate on the part of the hotel, or if I just wasn't looking very well. I do not smoke myself, but my mother does, and I believe that her money is just as good as a non-smokers, and it would be nice if she might potentially stay in a room with a view on future stays.

Again, these are very minor observations, and I can guarantee that I will be back, and that I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay on Galveston. The location is perfect, the staff was INCREDIBLY pleasant, the rooms were clean. I do not know why anyone would give this hotel anything less than a 4.5 rating.

(P.S. please, please never change the coffee!)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I love the coffee, too, and will do everything in my power to keep the same coffee. The suggestion for the pet rooms is an excellent suggestion. I am already working on a procedure for pet friendly rooms.

The smoking rooms have been the same rooms designated as smoking for years. Please make sure for future reservations to notate requests, like pool view or beach view, on your reservation. The front desk staff works every morning to find the best room for each guest.

Thank you for your review. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was our first visit to Galveston, we may visit again but will not stay in this hotel. The elevator did not have air conditioning or it didn't work and it was slow, we were sweating by the time we reached the 4th floor! The carpet in our room was frayed and dirty, the toilet ran and the AC unit sounded like a freight train but worst of all there was a roach crawling on the desk. We packed up immediately and checked out!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I apologize for the pest issue. We work intensely with our pest control company to control all of the insects that come with a warm, coastal area.

I hope you will give us a second chance the next time you are on the island. We are located conveniently near the beach, restaurants and the fishing pier.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here. Our room was clean, cold a.c., plenty of hot water but our bed had a sink hole in the center of the mattress. The shower head was coming off of the wall in the restroom. The staff was very friendly and cleaned my room when we asked them to. The walls are thin. We could hear everything going on outside of our door. Overall, for what we paid, it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the bed issue. I have found your reservation and will make sure that maintenance has fixed that. We strive to provide a clean comfortable room for our guests, and the bed is an important part of that.

I hope you will stay with us again when you visit Galveston Island.

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a nice stay in a great location. Although not a beachfront hotel, the beach is just across the street from the hotel. There are many restaurants and bars nearby. My room was clean. This is a good place to take a family for a weekend or more of fun. The price was reasonable, less than $80.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a first-floor pool-side room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I love your room tip. The pool side rooms are great to keep an eye on your teens and convenient to go to the pool with the smaller ones. Additionally, the pool with all of the activity keeps children's interest when looking out at the pool.

I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!