“As good as ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“As good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am puzzled by the negative reviews. Other than the lack of towels (and that's not a huge deal) there is nothing to complain about. Nice, clean rooms, great pool, AWESOME coffee (please never change it!) and wonderful staff.

I only have two very, very minor complaints. For one, while I think it's awesome that the hotel allows pets, it might be nice if there was a particular section for guests with animals. I only bring this up because the first night of my most recent stay (August 25-29th) the folks next to our room had a fairly loud dog. Again, not a big deal, but that might be an idea for ya'll to consider. Secondly, it appeared to me that there were no smoking rooms with pool or ocean views. I am not sure if this is deliberate on the part of the hotel, or if I just wasn't looking very well. I do not smoke myself, but my mother does, and I believe that her money is just as good as a non-smokers, and it would be nice if she might potentially stay in a room with a view on future stays.

Again, these are very minor observations, and I can guarantee that I will be back, and that I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay on Galveston. The location is perfect, the staff was INCREDIBLY pleasant, the rooms were clean. I do not know why anyone would give this hotel anything less than a 4.5 rating.

(P.S. please, please never change the coffee!)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, yesterday
I love the coffee, too, and will do everything in my power to keep the same coffee. The suggestion for the pet rooms is an excellent suggestion. I am already working on a procedure for pet friendly rooms.

The smoking rooms have been the same rooms designated as smoking for years. Please make sure for future reservations to notate requests, like pool view or beach view, on your reservation. The front desk staff works every morning to find the best room for each guest.

Thank you for your review. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kathleen Trindade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was our first visit to Galveston, we may visit again but will not stay in this hotel. The elevator did not have air conditioning or it didn't work and it was slow, we were sweating by the time we reached the 4th floor! The carpet in our room was frayed and dirty, the toilet ran and the AC unit sounded like a freight train but worst of all there was a roach crawling on the desk. We packed up immediately and checked out!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I apologize for the pest issue. We work intensely with our pest control company to control all of the insects that come with a warm, coastal area.

I hope you will give us a second chance the next time you are on the island. We are located conveniently near the beach, restaurants and the fishing pier.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here. Our room was clean, cold a.c., plenty of hot water but our bed had a sink hole in the center of the mattress. The shower head was coming off of the wall in the restroom. The staff was very friendly and cleaned my room when we asked them to. The walls are thin. We could hear everything going on outside of our door. Overall, for what we paid, it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the bed issue. I have found your reservation and will make sure that maintenance has fixed that. We strive to provide a clean comfortable room for our guests, and the bed is an important part of that.

I hope you will stay with us again when you visit Galveston Island.

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a nice stay in a great location. Although not a beachfront hotel, the beach is just across the street from the hotel. There are many restaurants and bars nearby. My room was clean. This is a good place to take a family for a weekend or more of fun. The price was reasonable, less than $80.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a first-floor pool-side room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I love your room tip. The pool side rooms are great to keep an eye on your teens and convenient to go to the pool with the smaller ones. Additionally, the pool with all of the activity keeps children's interest when looking out at the pool.

I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for our anniversary. The hotel was clean and they have a very friendly staff. Within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. In my opinion, there were a few things that would have made it better. First, there were only 2 of us, so it wasn't too big a deal, but we only had 1 towel. Luckily, I brought beach towels, so it wasn't enough to complain about. Second, was the breakfast. My suggestions would be the following...If kids come down without parents, send then back up. There were 5-7 unattended kids (ages 5-11 would be my guess) They were making a terrible mess for the gal working there and it was quite disruptive. I would also suggest having a pitcher with ice water. There were several people asking for water and the worker sent us around to the water fountain. She said there was no cold water in the back room. Parking was good, but what's up with all the banquet chairs in the parking lot...it was odd. Our "city view" was of the cemetery, thought it was comical. You know the saying "You get what you pay for" well, if you are looking for a 5-star hotel with an abundance of towels and peace and quite, go pay 250/night for a stay somewhere else. Overall, it was a good stay and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give an honest and detailed review. Your comments are critical as we work to improve the quality of service and the facilities.

I hope you will stay with us in the future and write future reviews of the improvements made.

Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for 3 nights before going on a cruise. Our room was very nice, king bed, clean, very pretty burgundy accent wall, flat screen TV, cold A/C, lots of hot water, pretty good shower, small refrigerator and microwave, no in room coffee maker, work desk with rolling chair and a table with 2 chairs. Very pretty shower curtain. The morning breakfast was fair, no hot items at all, bagels and muffins, frozen waffles, yogurt and juice, coffee and some cereals. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is a pet friendly hotel so you will see and hear dogs, we saw lots of them and heard one for 15 minutes till he finally quieted down. Very nice pool with lots of palm trees. Lots of parking. We found it odd that there were banquet chairs around one of the poles in the parking lot 8 or 10 of them, not sure why. The main elevator in the hotel was not working and I had read this on reviews for several months before we got here, so it has been an issue for awhile. The elevator by our room worked, sort of, one day it went down to the parking level but the doors didn't want to close, finally after a dozen tries they went shut, and went back up. The ice machine on floor two was not working with a sign on it go to third or fourth floor. On the third day our room cards stopped working and we had to go to the front desk and get them reprogrammed. We did ask for extra towels and got them, some reviews had issues with that. The outdoor walkways halls could use a good scrubbing, someone was using a leaf blower one day to clean them, they could use some scrubbing. Hotel was busy but still fairly quiet except for the occasional bark and kid yelling at the pool. Would be nice to have balcony rooms but most hotels in Galveston face the wrong way for that. Better than what I thought that it would be after reading some of the reviews. I would stay here again. Non smoking room was actually a NON smoking room, no smoke smell.

Room Tip: Non-poolside rooms may be quieter. Easily within walking distance to beach area, grocery store next...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I appreciate the detail that you have given on your stay. All your comments assist us in making the hotel better. I wanted to assure you that the elevator and the walkways are being addressed.

I hope you will choose Red Roof Inn for your future travels.

Lawrence, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Roof Inn while in Galveston for the second time. The staff are very friendly and we especially enjoyed the maintenance man, Justin! He went above and beyond his duties and we appreciated it. :) Great staff!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Justin. So many of the staff go above and beyond to make guests comfortable and it is wonderful to be recognized for it.

I hope to see you in your future travels to Galveston Island.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!