“NO BUGS, NO SMELL, NO STAINS!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #37 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Burleson, TX
“NO BUGS, NO SMELL, NO STAINS!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just got home from our weekend getaway and stayed at the Red Roof, Galveston. Based on our stay... The negative reviews are CRAP! We booked last minute, with a pet, non-smoking, we got exactly what we asked for. The front desk staff was terrific... Friendly, efficient, and accommodating!
My husband works in Conroe and we cherish our Family Time... You guys made it easy for us to check in, stay, and check out!
If I had one "grrrrrrr" it would be the $303 we paid, but that's just me being cheap....see ya next month!!!!
Next time I will be sure to note the names of your staff to give props where props are due,
Thanks for the great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Wow. Thank you for the support. Oftentimes, people only take the time to complain. You are absolutely correct that the rates in the summer are very high here on the island. The rates are much better next month and throughout most of the winter and early spring. I always recommend people with flexible vacation availability to vacation in the off season, anywhere.

The staff takes customer service seriously and they have already read your great review. Comments like yours encourage the staff to step up their service even more.

I look forward to seeing you next month.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We tried checking in at 3pm but the room wasn't ready- we sat in the lobby till 6pm waiting! Once we finally got our room it was NOT what we were expecting for the price we paid for 1 night. The bathroom was dirty with hair in the tub. We didn't get sleep that night because all you could hear were doors slamming. In the morning for breakfast we skipped that because the counters were dirty with food & drink spills, my husband got muffin and it was soggy so gross!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I apologize that we came so short of providing an acceptable stay. While we cannot do anything about slamming doors, the breakfast and bathroom was below our standards. I have shared your review with the staff to improve the experience of future guests.

I hope you will give Red Roof Inn another chance in the future.

Buffalo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Read all of the negative reviews, but stayed anyway because we wanted to be close to the pier...Room was clean...all lights worked...a/c was fabulous..!! Had a slight static issue when the t.v. upon arrival, but we called the front desk and Leon showed up immediately and solved the problem..he was also helpful in restaurant suggestions...staff was always friendly & helpful...met a family on the pier that was staying at Quality Inn, I recommended Red Roof for their next visit...2 thumbs up

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to commend the staff. It means so much when they read about guests who had a great time with us. There are so many restaurants on the Seawall and they are all delicious. I am glad that we could narrow down the choices.

I look forward to seeing you and your friends the next time you are looking for a hotel convenient to the beach.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Even after reading reviews on here, we decided to take a shot. Big mistake! The price is the best in Galveston for a reason. They have a TERRIBLE bug problem. I was scared to stay. We wore our shoes around the room, which was hard to explain to a two year old. Front desk acted like they could care less upon check in, and the room had no toilet paper. When we called for some, we received one roll. We don't expect too much with a low price, but bugs and toilet paper issues will prevent us from ever staying there again!

• Stayed December 2013
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
My apologies. You should not experience any bugs. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly to find out what kind of bugs and in which room. We work very closely and intensely with our pest management company to prevent the experience that you described.

Thank you for any more information that you can give us.
Sugar Land, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were to stay as a group, booked 10 rooms and ended up having to cancel because our baseball tournament was rained out. 2 of us decided to stay and have some fun in Galveston, we checked into the room after canceling all of the other reservations for our team mates.. Let me tell you the room was absolutely disgusting, it smelled, the carpet was soaking wet, there was no hot water, lukewarm at best, and no water pressure. During the night I woke up itching like crazy, I had an intense feeling something was crawling on me. At check out my debit card was charged, a week later, the lady who originally made the reservation for our group was charged for our room and the rooms that were cancelled. No plausible explanation was made as to why my debit card was charged then the other persons card was charged for my room. I called several times, left messages and could not get a return call. All room problems were reported to the front desk but there was such a lack of concern that I knew there would be no resolution.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, bugs, filth, bad smells
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
My apologies for any credit card confusion. I do hope everything has been corrected to your satisfaction. If not, please contact the hotel and ask for the manager on duty. We will absolutely work to straighten any credit card questions you may have.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was one if the BEST Red Roofs we've been in, especially for an exterior door hotel!!! But we choose an "Ocean View Room" and would have had to walk out in the balcony and look left to see a "glimmer" of the Gulf. They did move us to another room so the glimmer was disable from our room window. We were in the 4th floor (highest one) too. Just so you know. Otherwise, GREAT HOTEL, great staff.

It would be nice to have the pool open for adults only from 10-12 midnight for those wanting to relax without being splashed. Just a suggestion.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. The lobby of the hotel does obstruct the view of the gulf from most of the rooms. The hotel is directly across the street from the beach. The fishing pier across the street provides a beautiful view, too.

I love your idea about an "Adults Only" swim time to enable some calmer swimming without the kids splashing.

We look forward to future stays with us.
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The porter, Terry, who just started employment at the hotel was one of the key factors of our great stay at Red Roof Inn Galveston. Carts were a little hard to find but he found one and had us loaded up, showed us the way to our room, and had us moved into our room in record time. We are new parents with a toddler so the amount of boxes and bags and toys he moved for us was impressive! On checkout he found us a cart and had us moved out just as efficiently. Additionally, the front desk staff was absolutely helpful and understanding (they took the lock charges incurred by little fingers off our bill). Great location next to the Kroger, Rita's surf and supply shop, and the best happy hour on the island at Tortuga's, this is a great place for a budget get-away. P.S. Ask Terry to sing for you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Wow! Thank you so much for recognizing one of our outstanding team members. Terry and the rest of the staff enjoy making people smile. I am glad to hear that he brought a smile to your family while you were here.

I read your review to Terry. He was so thrilled. I also made him sing for the staff. We did not know that we had such a great singer working here.

I hope you will stay with us in the future. Check out Galveston.com for the many events in the winter that are offered. Galveston Island is a great place to come in the winter, too.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!