“Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Fort Worth, Texas
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We tried checking in at 3pm but the room wasn't ready- we sat in the lobby till 6pm waiting! Once we finally got our room it was NOT what we were expecting for the price we paid for 1 night. The bathroom was dirty with hair in the tub. We didn't get sleep that night because all you could hear were doors slamming. In the morning for breakfast we skipped that because the counters were dirty with food & drink spills, my husband got muffin and it was soggy so gross!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Buffalo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Read all of the negative reviews, but stayed anyway because we wanted to be close to the pier...Room was clean...all lights worked...a/c was fabulous..!! Had a slight static issue when the t.v. upon arrival, but we called the front desk and Leon showed up immediately and solved the problem..he was also helpful in restaurant suggestions...staff was always friendly & helpful...met a family on the pier that was staying at Quality Inn, I recommended Red Roof for their next visit...2 thumbs up

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Even after reading reviews on here, we decided to take a shot. Big mistake! The price is the best in Galveston for a reason. They have a TERRIBLE bug problem. I was scared to stay. We wore our shoes around the room, which was hard to explain to a two year old. Front desk acted like they could care less upon check in, and the room had no toilet paper. When we called for some, we received one roll. We don't expect too much with a low price, but bugs and toilet paper issues will prevent us from ever staying there again!

• Stayed December 2013
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
My apologies. You should not experience any bugs. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly to find out what kind of bugs and in which room. We work very closely and intensely with our pest management company to prevent the experience that you described.

Thank you for any more information that you can give us.
Sugar Land, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were to stay as a group, booked 10 rooms and ended up having to cancel because our baseball tournament was rained out. 2 of us decided to stay and have some fun in Galveston, we checked into the room after canceling all of the other reservations for our team mates.. Let me tell you the room was absolutely disgusting, it smelled, the carpet was soaking wet, there was no hot water, lukewarm at best, and no water pressure. During the night I woke up itching like crazy, I had an intense feeling something was crawling on me. At check out my debit card was charged, a week later, the lady who originally made the reservation for our group was charged for our room and the rooms that were cancelled. No plausible explanation was made as to why my debit card was charged then the other persons card was charged for my room. I called several times, left messages and could not get a return call. All room problems were reported to the front desk but there was such a lack of concern that I knew there would be no resolution.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, bugs, filth, bad smells
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
My apologies for any credit card confusion. I do hope everything has been corrected to your satisfaction. If not, please contact the hotel and ask for the manager on duty. We will absolutely work to straighten any credit card questions you may have.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel was one if the BEST Red Roofs we've been in, especially for an exterior door hotel!!! But we choose an "Ocean View Room" and would have had to walk out in the balcony and look left to see a "glimmer" of the Gulf. They did move us to another room so the glimmer was disable from our room window. We were in the 4th floor (highest one) too. Just so you know. Otherwise, GREAT HOTEL, great staff.

It would be nice to have the pool open for adults only from 10-12 midnight for those wanting to relax without being splashed. Just a suggestion.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. The lobby of the hotel does obstruct the view of the gulf from most of the rooms. The hotel is directly across the street from the beach. The fishing pier across the street provides a beautiful view, too.

I love your idea about an "Adults Only" swim time to enable some calmer swimming without the kids splashing.

We look forward to future stays with us.
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The porter, Terry, who just started employment at the hotel was one of the key factors of our great stay at Red Roof Inn Galveston. Carts were a little hard to find but he found one and had us loaded up, showed us the way to our room, and had us moved into our room in record time. We are new parents with a toddler so the amount of boxes and bags and toys he moved for us was impressive! On checkout he found us a cart and had us moved out just as efficiently. Additionally, the front desk staff was absolutely helpful and understanding (they took the lock charges incurred by little fingers off our bill). Great location next to the Kroger, Rita's surf and supply shop, and the best happy hour on the island at Tortuga's, this is a great place for a budget get-away. P.S. Ask Terry to sing for you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Wow! Thank you so much for recognizing one of our outstanding team members. Terry and the rest of the staff enjoy making people smile. I am glad to hear that he brought a smile to your family while you were here.

I read your review to Terry. He was so thrilled. I also made him sing for the staff. We did not know that we had such a great singer working here.

I hope you will stay with us in the future. Check out Galveston.com for the many events in the winter that are offered. Galveston Island is a great place to come in the winter, too.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Definitely not one of the best budget motels on the Island. By looking at the pictures, you would expect a little more right? I always knew the outside looked much more impressive than the inside. When we got there, I noticed obvious blemishes inside of the room. Poor attempt of covering something on the wall using caulk. Similar thing with the restroom ceiling. The bathroom was not clean. Hair all over the floor. Do these people believe in doing more than just taking your money? The room was just ok. I guess the only good thing I can say about it was the shower head was powerful and at least it got hot?! I was actually here when this place was called, Beachfront Palms Hotel back in July 2013 and I can't remember anything really bad then. Then again I'm sure this subpar room has always been here then perhaps even back then. Good side: Close to the beach, some 4th level rooms have a view, although distant, of the beach. Looks well on the outside more so than the inside or at least my particular room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on the hair in the bathroom. I will show all of the housekeeping staff your comments to improve our cleaning processes. Red Roof Inns acquired this property on January 1 and since then we have worked to go into every room and repair any issues we find.

We appreciate the comments as we work to improve in all areas to make the inside look as good as the outside.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!