Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Carrollton, Texas
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The porter, Terry, who just started employment at the hotel was one of the key factors of our great stay at Red Roof Inn Galveston. Carts were a little hard to find but he found one and had us loaded up, showed us the way to our room, and had us moved into our room in record time. We are new parents with a toddler so the amount of boxes and bags and toys he moved for us was impressive! On checkout he found us a cart and had us moved out just as efficiently. Additionally, the front desk staff was absolutely helpful and understanding (they took the lock charges incurred by little fingers off our bill). Great location next to the Kroger, Rita's surf and supply shop, and the best happy hour on the island at Tortuga's, this is a great place for a budget get-away. P.S. Ask Terry to sing for you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Definitely not one of the best budget motels on the Island. By looking at the pictures, you would expect a little more right? I always knew the outside looked much more impressive than the inside. When we got there, I noticed obvious blemishes inside of the room. Poor attempt of covering something on the wall using caulk. Similar thing with the restroom ceiling. The bathroom was not clean. Hair all over the floor. Do these people believe in doing more than just taking your money? The room was just ok. I guess the only good thing I can say about it was the shower head was powerful and at least it got hot?! I was actually here when this place was called, Beachfront Palms Hotel back in July 2013 and I can't remember anything really bad then. Then again I'm sure this subpar room has always been here then perhaps even back then. Good side: Close to the beach, some 4th level rooms have a view, although distant, of the beach. Looks well on the outside more so than the inside or at least my particular room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We have had good experience with other red roof in hotals but this is the worse 1 I been to. The phone didnt work and the plug in outlet didnt work, and tv volume was bad it would b load one minute then nothing next. they lied about having wifi but didnt and on other website says they hav a gym but they dont

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 days ago
My apologies for the items not working in your room. I would appreciate speaking with you further about the issues that you experienced. We are working diligently to address maintenance items during this busy summer on the island.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came to Galveston for a night with our kids 7 and 4. My husband has never stayed at a Hotel so I was a little nervous about letting him down. We absolutely loved this hotel! EVERYBODY is so nice. At first they had gave me a smoking room, I of course couldn't stay because it smelt so bad and I have kids. I called the front desk and they immediately switched me rooms! When we got to the room it was perfect. Clean, cold, and very comfortable. All the employees are very nice. Except the guy doing Breakfast, he has an attitude. Other than that....I'm very pleased!!!!! We'll for sure be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy that your husbands first experience in a hotel was a good one. It is appreciated that you took the time to write the review. I have shared this review with all of the staff. I hope you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel in addition to the friendly staff.

I hope to see you and your family in future visits to Galveston Island.

TEXAS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

that's really the only positive thing to say about this "inn" I chose this place because it was close to the convention center, which is where we were going to be all day saturday, we didn't want to have to drive around not knowing where we were, so we like to stay close to our destinations...I wish now we had stayed somewhere else...
we get to the red roof about 4:40, check in is at 3, our room wasn't ready and they said it would be just a little while longer..an hour and 40 mins late and our room still wasn't ready??? They tell us they will call when it is so, we take a walk down the seawall and end up at Landrys and have a few beers, they finally call us around 5:20, so this is now going on almost 2.5 hours late, we get back to the motel to get our keys and we ask the front desk guy, Toby, if we can possibly have a late check out since our room wasn't ready for 2.5 hours, he said all I can do is noon....so you are telling me that after losing 2.5 hours in our room you can only give us one extra hour???
Just bad customer service, he told us that they were at full capacity on thursday night and understaffed, I'm very sorry they are understaffed, but we paid A LOT for 2 nights here, and we were ready to take a shower from being in the car all day long. Well, we finally get in our room and I go to turn on the light and it won't turn on, so I noticed that the lamp is unplugged, I go to plug it in and the cord is tied in a knot and frayed at the end, so it can't be plugged in....a lamp can't be that much to replace, especially charging the prices they do. next thing, the smoke detector is detached from the ceiling and was beeping every 10 seconds...my husband heads back to the front desk to let them know, i went to the restroom and when i tried to flush the toilet it didn't flush, i lifted up the lid and the chain was broken off of the handle, so I head to the front desk to tell them there was yet ANOTHER problem with our room that we waited 2.5 hours for. We asked to speak to a manager, but Toby said there was no manager around at this time...ummmm again not good customer service. My husband is going to contact their corporate office today, hopefully they can get something done.
If we hadn't paid as much as we did for 2 nights here, we probably wouldn't be so upset, we both realize that things happen and are usually understanding, but when they can only offer 1 hour later checkout, that's just not good enough for the price we paid.
We will never stay at another Red Roof Inn, or any of their sister "motels"

Room Tip: just don't choose this motel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time for giving feedback. We are working to improve our service and room quality. I have posted this review for our maintenance and front desk staff to review and make sure it doesn't happen in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. We do want every guest to have a pleasant stay.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After reading the reviews about this hotel and having to stay in Galveston for a couple of days I decided to stay anyway due to the price being very reasonable. True one of the elevators was out but wasn't too much of an inconvenience to me. This hotel is in a great location it was within walking distance to several restaurants and not but maybe 10 minutes from the Downtown Strand District of Galveston which has great shopping. I found that the staff was very friendly. I had an issue with not having towels but it was quickly resolved when I called the front desk and a lovely young lady brought towels up to my room. My advice is don't always believe what you read I was very happy with my stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review. We work hard to give every guest a great experience. I will share your review with the whole team to encourage them to continue with the great service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The people at the front desk, maids and people cleaning the pool all were very nice and helpful. However the elevator at one end did not work so my friend had to hobble to the other end. The place could use some work. also the bathroom was not clean when we got there. We cleaned it our-self.

Room Tip: elevator at front does not work.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you, Linda, for your kind words about the staff. I have posted your review for all of the team to see.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future after we have made even more improvements to the rooms and the property.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!