“Dont be fulled ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 49 hotels in Galveston
“Dont be fulled ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have had good experience with other red roof in hotals but this is the worse 1 I been to. The phone didnt work and the plug in outlet didnt work, and tv volume was bad it would b load one minute then nothing next. they lied about having wifi but didnt and on other website says they hav a gym but they dont

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
My apologies for the items not working in your room. I would appreciate speaking with you further about the issues that you experienced. We are working diligently to address maintenance items during this busy summer on the island.

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We came to Galveston for a night with our kids 7 and 4. My husband has never stayed at a Hotel so I was a little nervous about letting him down. We absolutely loved this hotel! EVERYBODY is so nice. At first they had gave me a smoking room, I of course couldn't stay because it smelt so bad and I have kids. I called the front desk and they immediately switched me rooms! When we got to the room it was perfect. Clean, cold, and very comfortable. All the employees are very nice. Except the guy doing Breakfast, he has an attitude. Other than that....I'm very pleased!!!!! We'll for sure be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy that your husbands first experience in a hotel was a good one. It is appreciated that you took the time to write the review. I have shared this review with all of the staff. I hope you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel in addition to the friendly staff.

I hope to see you and your family in future visits to Galveston Island.

TEXAS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

that's really the only positive thing to say about this "inn" I chose this place because it was close to the convention center, which is where we were going to be all day saturday, we didn't want to have to drive around not knowing where we were, so we like to stay close to our destinations...I wish now we had stayed somewhere else...
we get to the red roof about 4:40, check in is at 3, our room wasn't ready and they said it would be just a little while longer..an hour and 40 mins late and our room still wasn't ready??? They tell us they will call when it is so, we take a walk down the seawall and end up at Landrys and have a few beers, they finally call us around 5:20, so this is now going on almost 2.5 hours late, we get back to the motel to get our keys and we ask the front desk guy, Toby, if we can possibly have a late check out since our room wasn't ready for 2.5 hours, he said all I can do is noon....so you are telling me that after losing 2.5 hours in our room you can only give us one extra hour???
Just bad customer service, he told us that they were at full capacity on thursday night and understaffed, I'm very sorry they are understaffed, but we paid A LOT for 2 nights here, and we were ready to take a shower from being in the car all day long. Well, we finally get in our room and I go to turn on the light and it won't turn on, so I noticed that the lamp is unplugged, I go to plug it in and the cord is tied in a knot and frayed at the end, so it can't be plugged in....a lamp can't be that much to replace, especially charging the prices they do. next thing, the smoke detector is detached from the ceiling and was beeping every 10 seconds...my husband heads back to the front desk to let them know, i went to the restroom and when i tried to flush the toilet it didn't flush, i lifted up the lid and the chain was broken off of the handle, so I head to the front desk to tell them there was yet ANOTHER problem with our room that we waited 2.5 hours for. We asked to speak to a manager, but Toby said there was no manager around at this time...ummmm again not good customer service. My husband is going to contact their corporate office today, hopefully they can get something done.
If we hadn't paid as much as we did for 2 nights here, we probably wouldn't be so upset, we both realize that things happen and are usually understanding, but when they can only offer 1 hour later checkout, that's just not good enough for the price we paid.
We will never stay at another Red Roof Inn, or any of their sister "motels"

Room Tip: just don't choose this motel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time for giving feedback. We are working to improve our service and room quality. I have posted this review for our maintenance and front desk staff to review and make sure it doesn't happen in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. We do want every guest to have a pleasant stay.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After reading the reviews about this hotel and having to stay in Galveston for a couple of days I decided to stay anyway due to the price being very reasonable. True one of the elevators was out but wasn't too much of an inconvenience to me. This hotel is in a great location it was within walking distance to several restaurants and not but maybe 10 minutes from the Downtown Strand District of Galveston which has great shopping. I found that the staff was very friendly. I had an issue with not having towels but it was quickly resolved when I called the front desk and a lovely young lady brought towels up to my room. My advice is don't always believe what you read I was very happy with my stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review. We work hard to give every guest a great experience. I will share your review with the whole team to encourage them to continue with the great service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The people at the front desk, maids and people cleaning the pool all were very nice and helpful. However the elevator at one end did not work so my friend had to hobble to the other end. The place could use some work. also the bathroom was not clean when we got there. We cleaned it our-self.

Room Tip: elevator at front does not work.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you, Linda, for your kind words about the staff. I have posted your review for all of the team to see.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future after we have made even more improvements to the rooms and the property.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Horrible hotel. the Lobby looks good but the rooms are terrible. Carpet was old, frayed, and dirty. Really the whole room was dirty and dingy. There was no shampoo the carpet was wet under the a/c and door. The remote did not work the back was off and only one battery to be found. Don't bother to call the front desk for help after trying four times I just gave up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the detailed feedback. We are working on many of the issues you listed, and will address the issues that we did not know about prior to your review. I do appreciate the time that you took to tell us about where we need to improve. I want you to know that we will continue to improve in the areas that you listed.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having stayed at many red roof inns in the past and never having had a bad experience before, we were shocked at how bad this one was. We booked four days by third party, so it s already paid for or we would have left before getting to the room. This hotel has 2 elevators, neither of which was working so we took the stairs with or luggage to the 4th floor. The next day one elevator was working though poorly. The room at least appeared clean but was of a much lower level than usual. But on the 3rd day we awoke to a huge dead roach on the bathroom floor. We left the card on the bed to indicate they should clean the room rather than just make the bed and leave new towels. However when we returned nothing had be done to the room at all. We called the front desk and the night clerk was very rude, but did send someone to remove the roach and take the trash (she apparently forgot the towels) the next morning I was greeted by live roaches in the bathroom. The pool was not clean as usual for this chain. This red roof inn is WAY bellow what is usual for the chain

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I apologize for your experience. While the season brings its share of creepy crawlies, we are working diligently with our pest control company to keep them outside of the hotel rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know where we fell short. We are working on all of the issues that you mentioned, especially the housekeeping service and the elevators.

I hope that you will give us a second chance in the future.

Kathleen Trindade

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!