“Too Expensive - Beachfront?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Beachfront Palms Hotel)   |
Ranked #35 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Allen, Texas
“Too Expensive - Beachfront?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is extremely expensive for what it is. Yes, it is near a lot of other places (convenience), but no rooms face the beach. I have stayed at nearby places that are much cheaper and not advertised as "beachfront". The staff is friendly, the "breakfast" was ok. I was surprised there wasn't more noise from other rooms at night. A big plus, they let you park your car there when away on a cruise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rhome, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a king non smoking room. The bed seemed like it was just worn out. The bathroom was so small you can hardly turn around without touching the toilet. There was no private balcony with chairs, there is no ocean view. Our view was of a Kroger parking lot. Thank goodness it was for only 2 nights. We didn't even attempt the breakfast. The best thing they had going was that they allowed dogs to stay free. But then made me feel gross walking on the floor without shoes. We wore out shoes until we went to bed. The check in staff was friendly and nice no issues there!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

All the staff members were helpful and friendly. The King room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. Very nice to have a heated pool (even if you were cold when you got out of the water!) with the only issue being the chlorine level was very high. Definitely a great value for the price I paid for the room, especially since you can walk to nearby restaurants, grocery store, and to the beach. Only issue was during check in, the room I was assigned to was a double even though I requested a King, but the clerk quickly changed it without any trouble. Definitely will stay here again if the price continues to be a great value and will recommend it to friends as well.

Room Tip: I requested top floor, but next time I would suggest making sure you aren't too close to the ele...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you, Tracey, for the great review. I am happy to hear that the heated pool was enjoyed during your stay. We try to keep it at a nice 75 degree average. The beach is directly across the street from the hotel, but the Gulf of Mexico is a little cold in the winter.

I have shared your review with the rest of the staff. Encouragement from the guests keeps us heading in the right direction. I look forward to your future visits to Galveston.
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Decent accommodation for a decent price. It met my expectation based on the price I paid. Staff is good, facility is clean which is important when you are going to spend some time in the hotel. Overall, good location, clean facility, good service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to share the review with the staff. Red Roof Inn prides itself on providing a nice stay at a nice price. I am happy to hear that we succeeded. I hope you will choose Red Roof Inns for your future travels, especially to Galveston.

Kathleen Trindade
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel for Madi Gra weekend. Expextations were more than met. Nice rooms clean and smelled fresh. Hot Showers too. I have read prior reviews and i was not what others have wrote unless it changed for the best. If you had a bad stay try it again. And they allow pets.

Room Tip: Pool View is nice to look at
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are constantly working to improve and great reviews tell us that we are on the correct path.

Red Roof Inns are very pet friendly and allow one well-behaved household pet per room with no extra fees. It is always nice to travel with your whole family, including the four-legged members.

I look forward to your future visits to Galveston, which is just a quick getaway from Houston.

-Kathleen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night to be nearby for Mardi Gras festivities. I had to be moved from my first room because the shower curtain was covered in mold. Also the bath tub drain was clogged and backed up. The rooms could have been much cleaner and I expected more being that I paid $200 that night.

• Stayed March 2014
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I apologize for a stay that was "not what you had hoped for." I appreciate the time you have given to provide feedback. I will be using this information to improve our procedures to find these issues when they occur and proactively fix items like this. Red Roof Inn is a great place to stay close to the beach and all of the restaurants along the Seawall, and I apologize that we failed to make that first good impression with you.

I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to demonstrate that this hotel is good choice for any future travels to Galveston.
Glenwood, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Enjoyed the clean and efficient room. If you are looking for a mid- ranged hotel on the seawall, here it is. Staff is friendly and helpful. As with anywhere, improvements can be helpful (they were painting the days we stayed) but if you are looking for a nice hotel to stay at for a reasonable price, here it is. We will be back to the island some day and will probably be staying at this hotel again. Staff was as good as I have seen in any hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room farthest from the seawall as possible. There will be no gulf view but the quality rest...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the restaurant, Tortugas, next door. Our rates are very competitive with hotels on the seawall. We offer a continental breakfast, spacious rooms, and, of course, a warm and friendly staff.

We hope you will come back to Galveston and visit us and our remodeled lobby.

Been to Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center? Share your experiences!