“Great hotel and staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8628 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Laurel, Montana, United States
“Great hotel and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wasn't expecting much after reading some previous reviews. We were treated very well upon arrival and took advantage of a $25 fee to park our rental car and take a shuttle to and from the cruise ship ports. Great price but the shuttle service a little unreliable, as well as taxi's. Not the fault of the hotel but it did create a problem for us. We had a great room, very clean. The breakfast was also very good. In short, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a side view of the gulf which was quite adaquate
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just stayed three nights in this hotel on the Seawall in Galveston. We had a lovely, very clean room with a balcony overlooking the beach. Friendly, free breakfasts and convenient location. The island was "hopping" with tourists there for the beginning of Galveston's Mardi Gras and those embarking and debarking from the four cruise ships in port over the weekend. The Disney Magic and Princess ship came in and left on Saturday with the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and the Carnival Magic on Sunday.

Room Tip: Our room had a good view of the Gulf so I would suggest the south side but not sure if those on the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glen Rose, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel was nice. The double room that we got had a balcony with a view toward the beach. The place is clean and well maintained. The staff left something to be desired for me. Upon check in, I asked the clerk to look up my PC number. I was told that only the manager could do that, regular desk clerks didn't have access to that information. I KNOW that this is incorrect information. Staff didn't know much about what there was to do on the island. On check out, I again asked the desk clerk about my PC number and was told again that only management could look up PC numbers and management would not be in that day. I was advised that I could call PC and tell them I stayed here. I eventually found my number among my travel gear. I then took the number in and asked her to add it to my account. I was then told that management would have to do that as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Sparrowlw,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write feedback of our hotel. I am happy that you found our hotel to be nice and room accommodations commendable. I would like to apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the issues you encountered with the staff during your visit. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Maybe some of the other reviewers hit this hotel on a bad day. My experience was very good. The hotel is clean. The staff persons are all very friendly and efficient. The breakfast room was large so you do not feel rushed to eat. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom linins are quality. This is my second trip and I was glad to see that it had not slipped. I consider it a good value for the room price, and I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sherman texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

have stayed in several hotels in my 70 years and this has to be worst place I have ever stayed. the door to our room would not latch and the clerk (was very nice) up graded us to a suit on the fron of the hotel. we moved into the new room and the air/heat unit would not work . we used up half a day waiting to get the new one installed before we could clean up and go out. then the same problem with the door latch. the door would not stay closed just like the first room. also the new room smelled awful so the cleaning lady came and sprayed some odor killer and it was a little better. we chcked out a day early on our three night stay and went back home. stay somewhere else. this hotel has a maintence problem.........

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Johnny S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to read about the inconveniences you experienced particularly with the room accommodations' condition. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our room was clean and updated. Parts of the property was in need of touch up work like the balcony. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very accomodating. The breakfasts were just okay. We went during a holiday and many of the restaurants were closed. I wish there were nice snacks available or some type of hot food and drinks in the evening kind of like they serve breakfast in the morning. Overall, we'd visit there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Gulf if you want nice scenery from your room. Also, ask for discounts AARP, A...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I wish I had read the TripAdvisor reviews before booking at this property, which, except for its nicely decorated rooms and good breakfast is unlike any other of the dozens of Holiday Inn Express hotels in which I have previously stayed.

The problem seems to be the women who work at the front desk. Yvonne promised to compensate for a problem that gave us a sleepless night, but didn't, and a woman named Tess made us wait for a half an hour before acknowledging us, claimed she knew nothing of a problem recorded in a book at the reception desk, and told us that the manager of the hotel refuses to give her his telephone number.

The night desk clerk, Steve, and a handyman who helped me find an acceptable room for the second night of our stay, were the only two people at this hotel who behaved like normal, caring, responsible human beings.

On December 1 we stayed in room 416 in which the bed nearest the door has a mattress that is loose on its base. As a result, when one turns in the bed, it make a noise that awakened us from our sleep. Yvonne promised to compensate us for our sleepless night and move us to a different room, but she did not and Tess claimed to know nothing about our problem. On December 2 we stayed in room 411, and were not awakened by a broken bed.

It is not clear if the women who work at the desk are instructed to behave in these ways or if they are trying to create ill-will for whoever operates this establishment. In any event, this hotel cannot be recommended because of the unacceptable customer service.

Room Tip: Do more research and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall? Share your experiences!