Took our family of 7 to the Galvesonian. We rented room 312, which really had enough space with the couch bed for up to 9 people. It was well decorated, very clean, and a real gem. We loved our stay here. The front desk was super friendly. We did have to wait an hour past check-in for our room. The beach was less populated than other areas. It's Galveston so don't expect a super sand-white beach. The beaches do have a smell and do have seaweed but the resort does it's best to keep the beach clean. You can rent umbrellas but we decided to take our own canopy and chairs since we have a large group. It was perfect. The resort has plenty to do-- tennis, basketball, towels, and floats for the pool. The pool was very nice as was the hot tub. We actually went a few miles down the road to the Kroger and stocked up on breakfast items and a few snacks. Within a few miles are good restaurants- The Sunflower Cafe for lunch and Saltgrass for dinner. Also, the room had flashlights for crab hunting at night. The crabs we saw are small but it was still super fun for the kids. Free wi-fi and satellite tv in the room too. All in all, a great place to stay. Would stay here again! Wish it were a little less expensive but it was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston