We recently went to Galveston and were so impressed, that we came back a few weeks later. This trip however, we stayed at the #1 hotel per tripadvisor and that's the Galvestonian. It's a condo resort community. The community exists on the east side of the island, which translates to drive through the whole strip and keep driving, it's down on the right. It's not a bad thing though! I loved the fact that this community is directly off of the east beach and it's less crowded where they are located. The resort has a pool area that is very nice and there are showers available whenever you come off of the beach back to the pool (to get rid of any pesky sand - yay!). The resort served watermelon prior to noon to guests at the pool on the weekend that we stayed. There are areas for cookouts (i.e. there is a covered patio to the side of the pool, there are bbq pits walking down from the pool to the beach with tables and chairs) and they provide donut holes, fruit and coffee from 7 to I think 10 am on weekends. The room (or at least ours) opens up with a bathroom directly as the first door (ours was to the left), then a full working kitchen (with everything you need - dishwashing liquid, coffee filters, silverware, pots/pans, dishes, etc), a den with a pull out couch and a bedroom. The patio overlooks the pool and the beach. Each morning we woke to waves crashing and a beautiful sunrise. I would recommend staying at the Galvestonian and would definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston