Our Thankgiving tradition of spending the week at the Galvestonian continued for the 18th year in 2012, and our stay was incredible. We are always impressed by the friendly, helpful staff, and the overall cleanliness and attention to detail of the facility. The weather cooperated, with mild temperatures and little wind (although the lack of wind meant no surfing for our younger son!). We appreciated the new stone pathway that makes it easier to walk to the bridge over the dunes. Another great stay at our favorite getaway.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- The Galvestonian Hotel
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.