“Are you sure this is Galveston...doesn't feel or look like Galveston!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Galvestonian

and 1 more site!
You added The Galvestonian to your Saves list
The Galvestonian
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1401 East Beach Drive, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Are you sure this is Galveston...doesn't feel or look like Galveston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

I came to Galveston with family reluctantly as I remember to scene back when I was in college...crazy with people everywhere. But this was a totally different Galveston experience! Each unit is individually owned and we stayed in a 2 bedroom on he 10th floor which was amazing! The beach is just out the door and no dodging traffic to get there. My son loved the pool and finding hermit crabs on the beach. The beach was not crowded and the heated pool had plenty of chairs. At times, it seemed we were the only ones here but we heard from the front desk there were 100% full! I love the fact you can eat poolside our in the condo with the kitchen that is fully stocked...just bring food! We saved a ton of money just eating breakfast and lunch here. My son did not want to leave as there was plenty to do here. Service was great and we even saw upper management picking up towels and arranging chairs at the pool. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I chose the Galvestonian to propose to my girlfriend this weekend, and I could not have made a better choice of location. The staff was so helpful and really went the extra mile to help me with the arrangements. They even got us a bottle of champagne!

The room was incredible and we loved every moment of our stay. The pool is heated so even though it was not bright and sunny outside, we were still able to enjoy the water. The building is so close to one of the nicest sections of beach on the island.

I really can not say enough nice things about The Galvestonian and its staff. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a high-end condo in Galveston.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view. If you get the "deluxe" 1 bedroom, your bedroom will open on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

After researching hotels and condos in Galveston, we chose The Galvestonian and were very happy with our choice. The front desk employees, especially Carol, made sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We loved having a balcony and especially being right on the beach, without having to cross busy Seawall Blvd. We had a 1-bedroom condo that had recently been upgraded and was very comfortable, if small. We will make The Galvestonian our choice for any future stays in Galveston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently upgraded, if possible.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We have stayed here at least twice a year since 1999 and it's just gotten better and better. The units, all privately owned and all fully ocean front, are each completely different, but for the past few years, the upgrades and amenities have made so many units terrific and even luxurious. There is no better location on the island - right on the expansive beach, close enough to hear the waves and see the countless twinkling lights of offshore ships at night awaiting escort into the ship channel. The Galvestonian employees are incredibly nice and accomodating and their first concern is always making certain their guests are 100% happy. The lobby is large - and opens to beautiful views across flowers and pool deck to the ocean - with an abundance of beach towels, coffee and continental breakfast on the weekends. There is a small exercise room (which I can't imagine using when you can literally walk miles on the sand along the water's edge!) The Galvestonian is close to all of the really great places to eat, close to The Strand, close to the ferry for dolphin sightings. We have been to Galveston countless times, at all times of the year, and have, over the years, stayed in some really great places, but nowhere is so consistently wonderful, welcoming and beautiful.

Room Tip: The upgraded units are great - reservation agents will steer you right.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My family and I have been renting a condo here for years. The staff are so friendly. We love cooking out at the picnic tables. The beach is clean and so close. I can't wait to do it all again this summer. I don't ever want to leave!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Summerton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I travel all over the country and stay at many different places. This is my favorite. It has everything you need with a great staff and wonderful location. I really enjoyed the quite with a grand view of the gulf.I will be back!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the higher floors, better view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Galvestonian last year when we attended the Lone Star Rally and we're staying there again this year. The property is beautiful, with great views and beach access, and a wonderful, friendly staff. The location is perfect -- far enough away from the craziness of the rally, but close enough that just a short ride and you're back in the middle of it all. Working in the hotel business myself, I have no hesitation recommending this property to friends and relatives.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Galvestonian? Share your experiences!