“Best Condo in Galveston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Galvestonian

You added The Galvestonian to your Saves list
The Galvestonian
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1401 East Beach Drive, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Special Offer
BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Best Condo in Galveston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is my favorite summer getaway place on Galveston Island, It quite honestly has everything you need for a romantic and / or relaxing time away from it all. The Condo's are mostly privetly owned and are held to very strict quality standards, The kitchens are well equipped and the living and bedroom areas are well appointed. After several visits, I have never had a bad stay here.
All units have ocean views and there is not one in the complex, the staff as well as the amenitys are first class, there is easy beach access and a great pool area for the best of both worlds.
It is a condominium complex with a resort feel and could easily be perfect for a romantic couples getaway or a familly vacation either one given the out of the way location. it is quiet, privet and peaceful as well as safe for the kids as there are no busy roads to cross or traffic of any kind to deal with. Very highly recomended.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible for the best views and the least noise..
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have written 2 reviews for the place, but they keep disappearing. So, I'm trying again. My daughter planned her wedding in Galveston at the Roof Garden, so we stayed at the Galvestonian, along with about 30 other family members. We all had our own separate condo's and this worked out very well.
The unit we stayed in 415 was right next to my daughter in room 515. Ours was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit and her's was a 3 bedroom/2 bath unit. Ours was very well furnished from soaps to dishtowels. We had a large new refrigerator and the unit had been redone in very nice furniture and amenities. The book shelves even had books that I found very readable. I read 3 of them since we were there for a week.
I would recommend this place to most anyone. The sliding windows opened up to a deck large enought to sit out and enjoy the view of the water. The walk to the water was over a trestle and very accessable. I appreciated not having to walk across the road like in town. It is off by itself so the beach is very secluded, however a vendor came daily to rent chairs and umbrellas.
The staff were the most helpful I have ever encountered Roz the front desk person wen over and above in helping this wedding party enjoyable. She even drove the bride and me to the wedding venue. TALK about service with a smile.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We booked the Galvestonian at the last minute for a end of summer trip to the beach. This was our first time back to Galveston since Ike. The town was in great shape, but we were very surprised how much beach most of Galveston Island had lost. This made the stay at the Galvestonian even better. Direct access to the beach right out the back door. Uncrowded - beach goers were limited to Galvestonian guests. No streets to cross. You can store your beach stuff outside and next to the building, and not have to haul it back to your room or car. Our room (2 bed, 2 bath w/kitchen) furnishings/decor was a bit dated, but in good shape and clean. Will definitely consider going back.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My sister and I decided to take our combined four kids to Galveston for an "end of summer" getaway. Our kids range in ages from 4 to 11. I have stayed at the Galvestonian before and enjoyed it, but this time was even better. We stayed in unit 1205 which is on the top floor with a wonderful view. This unit must be owned by someone with my sensibility for organization. The unit had useful hook holders everywhere. A wet towel never had to hit the floor!! The Galvestonian staff are always helpful and friendly, and you can not ask for a better family set-up. You can go right from the beach (no road crossings required), to rinse in the showers on the deck (they are even heated), and then right into the pool. There are picnic and lawn tables available for eating outside. Great property!!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

As a native Texan, I've been to all three of the major Texas beaches. South padre used to be king. Second was Port Aransas near Corpus Christi where my family went for years. Last and dirtiest was Galveston. Ike changed all of that, in my opinion. I've never see such a change. The seawall was packed with people. The beach was much cleaner and hotels have sprung up everywhere. The Flagship Hotel is gone and a pleasure pier (a la Santa Monica) is on its way. People are everywhere and all of the restaurants are open.

For the first time, we stayed on east beach. While I'd been to Galveston at various times, this was my first trip to the east/north side. There we found the Galvestonian.

THE BEACH
First, the beach. A wide swath of beach, as wide as the others. I was told it was legal to bring alcohol (just not glass), though we didn't bring any. Maybe that was because we brought a toddler with us instead. The beach was beautiful. Some seaweed. No shells. No tar or trash. Umbrellas and chairs for rent, and just enough people to make for a nice atmosphere but not too busy. Not many waves but some. If you want action, each beach is not the place to go. The other beaches - Stewart looked busy.

THE HOTEL/CONDO
The Galvestonian feels brand new. It's very well decorated and a nice balance of condo and hotel. People are at the front desk 24/7 and extremely friendly. While I normally don't mention names, Roz was too cool. Friendly and real. But so was everyone else too. The room was a very nice one bedroom condo with a nice balcony overlooking the ocean.
A little smaller than the last one bedroom we rented but it was a nicer. So I suppose it balances out. Brand-new-looking tennis courts. Prices were a little more too but this was high season too.

Palm trees for ambiance. Nice stone picnic benches with BBQ grills available. We bought our own charcoal and used them one night. Front desk had lighter fluid and matches because we forgot, and was happy to oblige.

I’d definitely recommend the Galvestonian. I would have liked a slightly bigger room and a lower price but the beach, higher quality and the level of service made up for it.

MOODY
That place has grown with Schlitterbahn, the hotel and the Moody overhaul. Still the same. The aquarium is still the only thing that's worth the money. Still, the pyramid's kind of neat for a one time visit.

As the closest beach in Texas for many of us, it's simply not worth driving those extra 2-5 hours when it's all there in Galveston!

Room Tip: Stay higher up and away from the center, That's where the main entrance to the beach is.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and three grandchildren recently stayed at this establishment. This is our third summer to stay at this facility with our family. This is a condo association-not a hotel. A two night minimum is required.
Each condo is decorated by the individual owners. Therefore, you might rent an updated condo or one that is 80's or early 90's style. The grounds are beautiful. The pool is large and very nice. Unlike other hotels in Galveston, you do not have to cross a street to go to the beach. The Galvestonian has a boardwalk that goes directly to the beach. All condos have a balcony that has a beautiful beach view. If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful rental, this is the place for you. You will need a car for sights and restaurants. There are no restaurants within walking distance. The beach is very clean at this location. A tractor cleans up any sea weed that might accumulate. This is a wonderful place that we plan to return to every year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
forney, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

This place is great. My family had a great time. The beach is clean, the pool is awesome. The rooms are clean and comfy. I really appreciated they have buggies in the lobby so you can get all your groceries up in one trip. I can't think of anything negative to say about this place. Thumbs up to the Galvestonian!!

• Stayed June 2011

Been to The Galvestonian? Share your experiences!