“Unit 2223 --Will definitely stay here again!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Condominium Rentals

You added Seascape Condominium Rentals to your Saves list
Seascape Condominium Rentals
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   10811 San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Lake Charles, La
“Unit 2223 --Will definitely stay here again!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

We stayed in Unit 2223 and it was clean, nice and had everything we needed. There was nothing to complain about. We rented this unit from the owner off of vrbo.com. The beds were extra comfortable. The unit is on the side of the complex but you still have a great view of the beach and also the sunrise. The pool was nice (a little small) but they had lots of people always working to keep things clean! Also an employee was always watching the pool area. The staff in the office were very nice and helpful as well with any questions I had. The beach was just a few steps away!! The beach was never dirty. Every morning it had been raked. And going to dinner or shopping at the strand isn't too far away! We really enjoyed Salsa's Mexican Restaurant and Shrimp N'Stuff. I will definitely stay here again. Unit 2223 is a great choice. You can tell this owner cares about his rental!!!! If I had one complaint it would be that the patio furniture needed to be replaced.
GR-Lake Charles, LA

• Liked — Clean and comfortable!
  • Disliked — Patio furniture
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lake Charles, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

First of all, I would like to encourage anyone interested in staying at the Seascape to go to their website and view pictures of the different rooms available. I have read many of the past reviews and some people were not impressed with the condition of the room that they chose. My family and I stayed in an upgraded room and we found that it was well worth it. The room we chose faced the pool as well as the beach. We had a balcony that included a table and chairs, as well as a comfortable bench seat. The kitchen had just about everything you would need: Coffee maker (no coffee), toaster, blender, microwave, oven, refrigerator, wine glasses, and a bunch of utensils. The kids loved their bunk beds and the wife and I enjoyed the spacious king-sized bed.
I like the fact that the Seascape is located away from the traffic and masses of people. Another huge plus is that you don't have to cross any road to get to the beach.
All in all, my family and I had a great time at the Seascape Condominiums.

• Liked — Close proximity to the beach.
  • Disliked — No toilet paper in bathroom upon arrival
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

BEWARE!!!We paid 800.00 to stay for two nights. Was not worth the money at all!!! We stayed in unit 1322. We arrived on 7/13. Check in was 3pm...we were not able to get into our room until 4:45 as it had not been cleaned. The room was still filthy. The toilet bowl did NOT have a tank lid. (we were told this would be fixed by Saturday morning (it never was). The chain to flush the toilet was broke. The bath tub leaked water, the kitchen sink leaked water. The microwave did not work. The door knob to the patio was broke. The patio chairs were all broke. the sofa was very dirty and stained. Carpet was very dingy. Kids feet and socks were black after walking on it! This unit is in need of a serious face lift and repairs. I would not recommend spending the money to stay here. I will say the pool area was very nice and clean. That is the only compliment this place would get from me.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

I paid $200 for one night in a 1 bedroom studio at Seascape.

I figured for $200, it should be pretty nice since that's what I pay for a 3 bedroom beach house &, most of the hotels in Galveston rent for $100....$200 being on the upscale/high end.

Here is what I experienced.

First, I had problems getting in with the key. You had to jiggle...and jiggle...and hold your tongue just right...and about 3 minutes later, I was in. I went through this every time.

2nd, when I went in the first room I came to was the bedroom. It was painted nicely and well decorated but, the sliding door was off the rail and was leaning against the other door. I folded back the blanket on the bed and was shocked to see two yellow stains on the sheets.

Then, I went to the bathroom to see that it was also nicely painted, clean & well decorated but, the mirror was very old and worn. But at least it was clean.

Next, I went into the kitchen/living room area and was totally grosed out. The refridgerator looks something they found sitting out in someone's trash (old & rusted)...but at least it was clean.

The cook top had grease build up all over it.

The microwave was old & yellowed...but at least it was clean.

The kitchen sink had dirt build-up around it and lots of dirt & calcium build-up on the faucet.

The cabinets were dirty, made of cut plywood & had rotten wood for baseboards.

The kitchen counter had an end strip missing from it.

It did have a nice new toaster/coffee maker and toaster oven.

The carpet in the living room was all stained up. My sons new white socks actually turned brown on bottom from picking up the dirt off the living room carpet. EEE UUU W W W.

The kitchen chairs had dirt & food all over them. The table placemats had food on them.

The table on the balcony was old & rusted..again, looked like something you'd find out at the trash.

The table & chairs were shoved in a corner so that only one person could eat at it.

Long of the short, we were camping over at Boliver and I decided to treat my kids to a night on the Island so I decided to just bite my tongue and make the best of it. Instead of getting my blood pressure up and complaining, I put my energy into giving the unit a good spring cleaning. I figured their cleaning service didn't know how to clean anyway so there wouldn't be a point in asking them to come in and clean. It was after all, dirt and grime that had obviously built up over a long period of time.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — it was old and dirty
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

This was our second stay at the Seascape. We had room 2113 which is a 2 bedroom upgrade with a front beach view. The room was fairly tidy and had plenty of room. The kitchen had a full stove, fridge, and an older style microwave. The view from the master bedroom and the balcony was fantastic, no more than 30 yards from the waters edge. The problems were the same as our last stay. The tub was very dirty and the staff was pleasent but not efficient. The pool area was nice and clean. The gate leading to the beach was broken for a day and half causing people to walk a good distance to get around the fence. Although not really the Seascapes problem, the beach was the worst I have ever seen in Galveston due to seaweed washing ashore. It was finally raked away after our 4th night. The Seascape has great potential, but I thought that last year as well and have seen no improvements. This was probably my last stay. It's just kinda blah.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Housekeeping and maintenance.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

The only thing good about Seascape is it is located on the beach. You just walk out the back of the unit and you are on the beach. We stayed in unit 2205. It was in serious need of an upgrade. The hide a way couch looked like something that had been picked up off the curb on trash day. It had rips and stains and the mattress inside was not something you could sleep on. The carpet also had major stains. We found food on the carpet that had not been cleaned up from the previous tenant. The mattress in the bedroom was bad as well. Every time you moved it made very loud noises. The bathroom was fair. It could use a new toilet seat and a good cleaning. The walls are paper thin. We heard every person that walked by or was talking outside in the courtyard. They say you could accomodate 6 in this unit but it would be very tight.

• Liked — Beach access
  • Disliked — accomodation
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

My family of 5 stayed in a one bedroom at Seascape. We had plenty of room, my youngest loved the bunk set up. The room was beautiful, very well decorated. The view was good. Room #2217 has been upgraded to the max. The resort was very well kept. Pool and hot tub perfect temperature. The secuirty guard made sure all rules were followed, very impressive!

The beach could have used a cleaning but overall great place.
My husband and I would love to buy a condo at Seascape.

• Liked — Beach access