“We love Seascape” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Condominium Rentals

Save Saved
You added Seascape Condominium Rentals to your Saves list
Seascape Condominium Rentals
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   10811 San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Texas
“We love Seascape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our family just returned from our Galveston trip. We have stayed at Seascape many times. We love being right on the beach. The last two years we picked condos that faced directly on the beach. The key to a happy stay is doing your homework ahead of time. You MUST really study the units online ahead of time so you know what you are getting. Since they are each privately owned, you pay the same thing for a condo that is in great need of major updating as you do for one that has it all!! Book as far ahead as possible to get a really nice unt.

Room Tip: We like the following nicely updated Condos :1108 Nice! Corner deck has wrap around to side.Has extr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked our condo as a result of the photos I saw online. They had a great photographer that made the condo look HUGE. There were only 4 bar stools to sit and eat. The rooms had 2 feet (max) around the bed to walk. The website said that the condo had been newly renovated. We had half an inch of mold around our bathtub, it didn't drain and it appeared that the unit hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in months. There was a dead fly in the microwave door, squeaky bed, flood light shining in one of the bedrooms causing us to sleep with pillows over our head and the super cheap sheets didn't fit the bed and kept coming off. The sealed bar soap even had a hair on it when we opened it.

We arrived around 2p, knowing check in wasn't until 3. The desk clerk told me he'd call me when the room was ready and that it should be "very soon." At 3 we went back to the office and it still wasn't ready. We had a crying baby and had been in the car since 8:30a. They eventually gave us our keys at 3:45 after we asked them to please let us in.

The only good thing...the beach was raked and clean. Until the last day (Sunday) when there was a massive amount of dead fish that had washed up on the shore. At 11a, that still had not been cleaned up.

Overall, we will not be staying here again. I understand it's a rental, but we paid almost $500/night and it was NOT a $500/night stay.

Room Tip: Read reviews!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in unit 1117 from 7/4 - 7/7. We got there before noon and check in was not till 3 pm. I explained to the nice young man at the front desk that I had a 16 month old and a 4 yr old and would it be possible for us to check in and enjoy the beach while we waited for the unit. He was very very helpful. Our unit was nice overlooking the pool with a little view of the beach. The patio furniture could use some new cushions. The owner should leave a broom for the unit. Sand was everywhere and nothing to sweap it up with. So easy to get to and from the beach. Great amenities, only complaint was the slow slow elevator. Loved that we can leave our sun shade up throughout our stay without anyone messing with our stuff. The beach was covered in tons of seaweed but my girls made the most of it. All and all we had an great vacation. Wonderful experience and great great memories!!! We can't wait to come back!

Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Had to change dates and decided to upgrade. Guy on the phone goofed and charged my credit card the entire amount rather than the additional deposit; and that was after he could not find the unit I requested in the system. Upon arriving, the lady checking us in was super nice and helpful. The other two sitting there had no customers and never acknowledged us standing there. Paid the big bucks to get an end unit overlooking the beach. Unit was small for one that would sleep 8. Bathrooms are tiny. Advertised as updated...and yes, you can see some backsplash, tile, etc but walls are scuffed and furnitured is tired. While unit wasn't dirty, the floors had not been cleaned-drips, food spots and hair were on the floor. Bring you own towels! And units lack a washer and dryer. Laundry room and one stackable unit so we had to put and buy some extra things. Would I stay again? Only if I didn't have the time to drive elsewhere. And if I did, I'd bring my own cleaning supplies. That said, it is on the beach, not the seawall, no busy streets to cross, and on the quieter end of the seawall. Walls are thin. Could hear the kids upstairs running.

• Stayed July 2012
Ellinwood, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We paid extra to have a balcony overlooking the beach. When we arrived, people in office acted stoned, they were not friendly or helpful. We got different info everytime we talked to someone. We tried to call them and never could get through to the on site office. It was nice to be right on the beach but that was only good thing. Also ad indicated our condo would have wifi but did not. It was great to be on the beach in Galveston but the people thay worked at the seascape were rude and not helpful at all. Luckily, my sister knew Galveston really well so we didn't really need them.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I think the title say's it all. We got little sleep due to parties in the RV park next to the condo, front end loader cleaning the beach at 3:00 in the morning and fire works being set off on the beach all hours of the night. There were 4 people in my party; two adults and two teen age girls. The rooms were small and the only seating in the entire place was a small sofa and four bar stools. The girls had the small bedroom and there was hardly room for them to walk around the bed. A large person or an adult would have a very difficult time in that room. This is definately not a six person condo. Also if you wanted clean towels you had to wash the one per person provided by the condo. The only view was one of the RV park or the road unless you stood up and looked over the rail. If you do not heed this warning and go anyway, do not stay in the first building. The other two building may not have the same issues but there are too many other places to stay in Galveston.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked at 6night stay at this place, but the Rental Company ABSeascape cancelled it on us last minute - literally one week prior to our arrival for July 4th week, leaving us without a place to stay on the Island for the week.
They 'claimed' they'd tried to contact us to let us know but they hadn't. They were exceptionally rude to both my wife and I. With one representative even laughing down the phone at me! The reason for cancellation was that a 'computer glitch' had led to our condo being rented out for $900 for the week. They told us we now had to pay $1,600 for the week. An absolutely ridiculous price for the smallest condo they had.
Prior to making the booking my wife had telephoned to confirm pricing and was told that the condo was being rented out for that price as it hadn't been modernised. Subsequently I re-checked the information on the website and that same condo now had a 'recently modernised' tag!
These guys are rip off merchants. They don't care about you or your vacation - just out to get as much money as possible. Hence previous reviews have moaned about this management company.
I left messages for the owner of the company to call me back - he never did. All I was told was "We don't let rooms out for free". At one point their representative informed me that the owner probably wouldn't call me back as I just wanted to moan at someone and maybe he (the rep) should just take the beating.
An absolute joke of an organization! I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and Galveston Chamber of Commerce.
My advice - go to Priceline and book a room at the Galvez - less than the cost of their condo's per night and you stay in far more elegant surroundings.

Room Tip: Don't book with ABSeascape.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seascape Condominium Rentals? Share your experiences!