“Condo was nice but customer service sucked...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Condominium Rentals

Save Saved
You added Seascape Condominium Rentals to your Saves list
Seascape Condominium Rentals
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   10811 San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Ellinwood, Kansas
“Condo was nice but customer service sucked...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We paid extra to have a balcony overlooking the beach. When we arrived, people in office acted stoned, they were not friendly or helpful. We got different info everytime we talked to someone. We tried to call them and never could get through to the on site office. It was nice to be right on the beach but that was only good thing. Also ad indicated our condo would have wifi but did not. It was great to be on the beach in Galveston but the people thay worked at the seascape were rude and not helpful at all. Luckily, my sister knew Galveston really well so we didn't really need them.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I think the title say's it all. We got little sleep due to parties in the RV park next to the condo, front end loader cleaning the beach at 3:00 in the morning and fire works being set off on the beach all hours of the night. There were 4 people in my party; two adults and two teen age girls. The rooms were small and the only seating in the entire place was a small sofa and four bar stools. The girls had the small bedroom and there was hardly room for them to walk around the bed. A large person or an adult would have a very difficult time in that room. This is definately not a six person condo. Also if you wanted clean towels you had to wash the one per person provided by the condo. The only view was one of the RV park or the road unless you stood up and looked over the rail. If you do not heed this warning and go anyway, do not stay in the first building. The other two building may not have the same issues but there are too many other places to stay in Galveston.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked at 6night stay at this place, but the Rental Company ABSeascape cancelled it on us last minute - literally one week prior to our arrival for July 4th week, leaving us without a place to stay on the Island for the week.
They 'claimed' they'd tried to contact us to let us know but they hadn't. They were exceptionally rude to both my wife and I. With one representative even laughing down the phone at me! The reason for cancellation was that a 'computer glitch' had led to our condo being rented out for $900 for the week. They told us we now had to pay $1,600 for the week. An absolutely ridiculous price for the smallest condo they had.
Prior to making the booking my wife had telephoned to confirm pricing and was told that the condo was being rented out for that price as it hadn't been modernised. Subsequently I re-checked the information on the website and that same condo now had a 'recently modernised' tag!
These guys are rip off merchants. They don't care about you or your vacation - just out to get as much money as possible. Hence previous reviews have moaned about this management company.
I left messages for the owner of the company to call me back - he never did. All I was told was "We don't let rooms out for free". At one point their representative informed me that the owner probably wouldn't call me back as I just wanted to moan at someone and maybe he (the rep) should just take the beating.
An absolute joke of an organization! I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and Galveston Chamber of Commerce.
My advice - go to Priceline and book a room at the Galvez - less than the cost of their condo's per night and you stay in far more elegant surroundings.

Room Tip: Don't book with ABSeascape.
Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have traveled many places and have made several trips to Galveston since my children were babies.This is the first time I rented a condo (and upgrade and spent more money than usual)with beach access in Galveston, rented primarily for the safety and amenites for my grandchildren. We traveled five hours arrivng promptly at checkin. With my grandkids and daughter waiting in the car - miscalculated and had to wait several minutes in line. I was then waited on by a young girl who could barely speak English. She couldn't type or add, and with several failed attempts to communicate I received a handful literature and no keys. The room wasn't ready. There was confusion about what I owed, but thought the problem was resolved. The room wasn't ready. Thirty minutes later with a cranky 1 and 3 year old we get on the elevator and were swarmed by mesquitos. The condo was well decorated and clean except for a pile of dity towels in the wash room. The view from our condo was lovely except the view. As you look out the window you can't miss the campsite trailer park between you and the ocean. Later that night I discovered the washer in condo 1306 didn't work and I found myself pulling clothes out of a tub of water; wringing out a load of wet clothes for the dryer. Did have a quiet good nights sleep. Really looking forward to the extra amneity of a private beach with a landscape walkway, but instead the beach was filthy, covered in seaweed with scraped piles, of moist rotting seaweed. There was no way to escpe the stench of rotting fish. The smell made me gag. With no wind and more mesquitos - after an hour we packed up all our gear and went back to the condo. IT WAS A BAD TRIP BUT I WAS WILLING TO LET IT GO. We found something to do for the last few days and came home. Suspicious of my experience with checkin I checked my bank online, but now for the bad part. Long story short I was charged twice. I had paid Travelocity a month earlier in full. I had my Travelocity receipts at the check in but still AFTER MUCH CONFUSION AT the condo rental agency they still debited my account $933.00 dollars. Yep! After I contacted the rental agency several times the problem was resolved. After a week of waiting and no money I called again, screaming by now. Turns out they credited the wrong account not mine. . AND AFTER THEY PROMISED ME AGAIN AND MY MONEY WAS STILL MISSING FROM MY ACCOUNT AGAIN 14 - DAYS LATER I CALLED MY BANK. FINALLY MY MONEY HAS BEEN RETURNED. THEY KEPT SAYING THEY WERE SORRY. NO ONE ATTEMPTED TO RESTORE MY FAITH IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT WITH A FREE COUPON FOR AN OVERNIGHT STAY. I'M STILL ANGRY AND PLAN TO CONTACT BETTER BUSINESS, YELP, COMPLAIN ON FACEBOOK AND SEND A FINAL LETTER TO THE HOMEOWNER.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in 2310 unit. Got there on a Sunday evening check-in was fine w/o problems. Disappointed in a few things and i'm not really a complainer so I choose to ignore negative comments others made prior to booking. Monday morning around 7am a noisy tractor was scraping the seaweed off beach and woke us up, it didn't come back another day. 1&1/2 bath with 2 bed rooms and 2 bunks for 5 kids and 2 adults. Only 1 shower/tub everyone had to share. The master bed made noise with every inch of movement. The curtains were white small bamboo style and very bright from the pool area light all night. The kitchen did not have pot holders to remove things from oven, no dust pan, had to buy. The dishwasher and stove/oven were the 1/2 size style and kitchen had small one bowl sink. Eating area was not that great. Coin operated laundry and no WiFi unless in office lobby. Some jelly fish so bring your meat tenderizer if get stung. Positives: nice grounds with nice pool and hot tubs, easy access to beach with no seaside drive road to cross. We adjusted by the end of week and overall have a good vacation. Likely would not go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My friend and I decided to get a condo in Galveston with our combined 4 children. We stayed in unit 1106 and it was perfect! This unit was very clean and updated. We loved the balcony with table and chairs - worked out perfect for the kids to eat dinner on after a day at the beach. So nice to just walk out to beach and back up when it was nap time. I even had enough room to put a large pack n play in my bedroom - which was something I was concerned about because you can't tell by the pictures if there is room. Be sure to look at unit pics before booking. Ours had 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms with bunk beds and pull out couch in living area. We were not cramped at all, and with 4 kids there was lots of room to play and not be squeezed together. We really loved this unit and will book this exact one again in the future! Oh - the beds were AWESOME! very comfortable!!

Room Tip: Loved 1106 - be sure to look at pics - this unit overlooks the RV park but from the unit all you see...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have been to Galveston thousands of times and stayed at numerous places. Seascape was a good find for a get away weekend. Like previous previews have stated, some condos seem to show more 'wear' than others. We rented from an individual owner off vrbo and it was a GREAT experience (rent the 2 bedroom seen on vrbo!). Just a few pointers if you decide to go... it has a great location- on the beach near the end of the seawall- however, if the weather is a little windy/high tides you won't have a beach to play on. The water goes right up to the dunes. If weather is 'normal', you should have some beach to play on. And I would suggest a condo where the balcony is facing east and not poolside. You will get the morning sun and won't be bothered by the evening 'poolside party'.

Room Tip: rent via VRBO (we loved the 2 bedroom)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seascape Condominium Rentals? Share your experiences!